Cake Bake Shop at the BoardWalk opening in 2024

Another website has posted that Cake Bake Shop is holding job interviews this coming week for the BW location, including screen shots from Instagram showing the positions they are hiring for and the benefits offered by the company. If I had to guess, I would say they will open sometime in May, before Memorial Day and the start of summer. It wouldn’t make sense to start interviews now if they weren’t opening until fall or later.

It looks like they are hiring for at least 3 locations in the Disney area.
The Kissimmee jobs are most likely at the big bakery, as it is located in Kissimmee. I have no idea why some of the others say Bay Lake and some specifically say BW. Perhaps the Bay Lake positions will involve going back and forth to the Kissimmee location, but will primarily be based on Disney property?

If I had to guess, I would say they will open sometime in  May, before Memorial Day and the start of summer. It wouldn’t make sense to start interviews now if they weren’t opening until fall or later.
This makes me want to visit Disney on the upcoming Memorial Day. Especially with the rumor that Tiana may be open during that time.

Well, I’d love to see them opened by Memorial Day Weekend, if for no other reason, just to get a glance into this new bake shop…
I just left the Boardwalk at 8 PM on Friday, 3/22/2024.
I gotta tell you folks, things are moving S L O W L Y at the old ESPN Club…
There was a construction worker there today, and even a lift, to get him up high. But not much progress.

Again, hoping it’s just because the work is getting done where we can’t see it.

If they are looking for bartenders and waitstaff they will be opening sooner than later. You just don't hire that staff and say hold on for 6 month to when we're closer to being open. Some cold opening before Memorial day is most likely.

I wonder why, in the several years they've been s-l-o-w-l-y working on the Bake Shop, I haven't heard a podcaster speculate or even comment on why is it taking so long? It's just an observation.

I wonder why, in the several years they've been s-l-o-w-l-y working on the Bake Shop, I haven't heard a podcaster speculate or even comment on why is it taking so long? It's just an observation.
Probably because the only people who care are the handful on this thread?

If I was being glass half full I would say based on the job openings there is a chance at some point soon they ramp up the work from a snail's pace to extreme home makeover speed. Why there would've been a delay all this time just for them to ludicrous speed for an early summer opening? Who knows.

Glass half empty case: Universal opens another park before they even slap on siding.

Another website has posted that Cake Bake Shop is holding job interviews this coming week for the BW location, including screen shots from Instagram showing the positions they are hiring for and the benefits offered by the company. If I had to guess, I would say they will open sometime in May, before Memorial Day and the start of summer. It wouldn’t make sense to start interviews now if they weren’t opening until fall or later.
My theory is looking better and better!!

I love the Boardwalk area and part of the charm are the places to visit while walking around. Closed shops is just unacceptable for the cost of staying at BW. Disney or who ever is in charge needs to reopen the businesses including the replacement for Big River Grille. Food trucks doesn't do it for me. Sorry for negativity but this is a vacation spot not a shopping center in any town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter