Cafe Orleans

goofypa

Dis Veteran
We are going to Backstage Magic - 09/22/09 :worship:
My question concerns Cafe Orleans. There is nothing on the lunch menu that interests my wife and I, not even on the children's menu. Any suggestions???

goofypa

I am sure if you speak with the guides ahead of time they can come up with an alternative for you. Is there anything at all that maybe you find a little interested but maybe don't like the way it is prepared? They definitely can change that.

Example - The chicken sandwich, they maybe able to make that plain grilled instead of what the description lists. Or the Monte Cristo not breaded and fried just a plain sandwich

We are going to Backstage Magic - 09/22/09 :worship:
My question concerns Cafe Orleans. There is nothing on the lunch menu that interests my wife and I, not even on the children's menu. Any suggestions???

goofypa

I don't know but I will let you know when I get back as I have the same problem. My trip leaves in 3 weeks !!!

When we went in January this is what we given as choices at Cafe Orleans:
Choice of beverages: soda, iced tea, coffee or tea
Starter: New Orleans Gumbo or La Salad de Maison (both were excellent...I ordered the gumbo and didn't think I'd eat much but it was a wonderful surprise and I can't wait to have it again)
Entree: Mardi Gras Chicken Sandwich, French Quarter Blackened Chicken Caesar, Monte Cristo (regular or all cheese)
Dessert: Mickey Shaped beignets
I have to say I wasn't thrilled about eating there when I first heard that we were, but it turned into one of my favorites! Really..give it a try. If your trip is the same as mine, many surprises await! Also..I was very pleasantly surprised at the meal at Jim Henson Studios.
You will have such a great time! :)

I was wondering about the menu choices myself. Do you happen to remember (or have written down) what the choices were for the other meals on the trip? I believe they are the Trastevere restaurant (although oddly the restaurant website appears to be down, I wonder if it has closed??), lunch at Jim Henson studios, lunch at Disney studios, dinner at Hook's Point, and farewell dinner?

HI, I went on Backstage Magic Tour april 2008- Trastevere Restaurant- set menu is given to each guest as follows: Starter: Focaccia al Pomodoro e Basilico (Pizza bread with fresh chopped tomato and mozzarella or Antipasto Misto Italiano (marinated vegetables, mozarella cheese, prosciuttto - Salad: Instalata Caesar (hearts of Romaine lettuce in a caesar dressing with croutons and shaved parmesan or Insalata Mista (mixed greens, tomato, radish, and cucumbers with italian vinaigrette dresssing. Choice of Entree: Penne al Pomodoro e Basilico (Penne sauteed in tomato and basil sauce, Petto di Pollo al Marsala (chicken breast sauteed in a Marsala wine sauce served with spinach and roasted potatoes, Scaloppini al Limone (Veal scaloppini in a lemon sauce served with spinach and roasted potatoes or Salmone al Dragoncello (grilled salmon filet in a cream and tarragon sauce served with spinach and roasted potatoes. Dessert: Tiramisu (layers of expresso soaked lady fingers and mascarpone and whipped cream.) For beverages: choice of wines and beer and of course soda, coffee or tea. At my table most ordered either the Salmon or Penne Pasta. Most said the Salmon was best. I got the Penne and found it dry and cold. - At the Soda Fountain and Disney Store - Menu for Breakfast as follows: Fruit in a sundae glass, assorted yogurts , bagels and englih muffins - Choice of Scrambled eggs, Mickey Mouse Waffle or oatmeal, choice of Bacon or Sausage, orange juice, coffee, milk, hot tea, iced tea, hot chocolate- AND - complimentary Ariel Photo ( your family poses with Ariel) - Cafe Orleans menu was exeactly as previously posted. As far as Hooke Pointe goes: I onyl remember having some type of chicken. Again it was a set menu for adventure by disney guests. I was not paying attention because I was so upset that I had just noticed that my $2000.00 diamond tennis bracelet was missing from my wrist! I never did find it however I did have it insured on my homeowners. Thank God! Whatever the menu is that is offered you will have a GRAND TIME!!

I was wondering about the menu choices myself. Do you happen to remember (or have written down) what the choices were for the other meals on the trip? I believe they are the Trastevere restaurant (although oddly the restaurant website appears to be down, I wonder if it has closed??), lunch at Jim Henson studios, lunch at Disney studios, dinner at Hook's Point, and farewell dinner?

I wish I'd been able to snag other menus, but wasn't able.
Trastevere..YUM! I remember they had a chicken dish, fish, regular pasta and veal. I know..baaaad..but I had the veal. They had the BEST starters..I won't spoil all the goodies but I could have gotten full on that. Also, I think the only dessert was tiramisu? Could be wrong, but I ate it all. You are put in a room in the back. Great fun! Also..wine is included for several meals (and beer) don't be afraid to ask.
When you arrive your guides will have you pre order your Jim Henson meal. Salad with chicken if I recall, burger, and I don't remember what else. They had us set up outside, very nice, the food was fabulous, and they had some great cookies for dessert.
Disney Studios you eat in the commisary and pretty much get the run of it..it's a buffet, so plenty of choices.
Hooks Pointe was closed when we went, so we got Steakhouse 55 and had a nice appetizer and wine tasting before being seated. (Quinn, former guide and current Ambassador shared dinner with us..what a treat!) At Steakhouse55 we were allowed to pick from a set menu as well..it had the usual choices..meat, chicken, I think fish and vegetarian. They always took super good care of us, lots of snacks and drinks at stops, etc.
Our farewell dinner was in an empty building between Aladdin and Monsters..I think it used to be a food court. It was set just for us, and was also a buffet with lots of good choices. Again, we could have beer and wine and they weren't stingy about that either. I loved this trip. I know you will too.

I should have read ahead...anyway..we did not have Ariel visit us at the Soda Shoppe..breakfast was yummy and we came back that afternoon for ice cream..aslso paid for by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter