Cafe Orleans pommes frites

lizardlife

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My family and I are planning on being at DLR in a couple of weeks for my DS's 8th birthday but baby brother is a bit of a picky eater. Does anyone know if Cafe Orleans is able/willing to serve just their pomme frites as a separate order or does it only come with the monte cristo sandwiches that no one in my family eats? (I know, sacrilege)

Thank you in advance!

Hi everyone! My family and I are planning on being at DLR in a couple of weeks for my DS's 8th birthday but baby brother is a bit of a picky eater. Does anyone know if Cafe Orleans is able/willing to serve just their pomme frites as a separate order or does it only come with the monte cristo sandwiches that no one in my family eats? (I know, sacrilege)

Thank you in advance!
Ordinarily you don't have to order them as a package deal and you can order the pomme frites as an appetizer. That said, I don't believe they're being offered right now, as Cafe Orleans and most other restaurants have drastically simplified menus at the moment. As of a few weeks ago, the pomme frites were not on the menu.

If they come with the monte cristo I can't imagine why they wouldn't be available a la carte but stranger things have been know to happen.

If they come with the monte cristo I can't imagine why they wouldn't be available a la carte but stranger things have been know to happen.

I know they used to have them as an appetizer which is why I'm super puzzled why they're not being offered now if they're coming with the sandwich. I know Disney has accommodated dining requests for past offerings before, but was wondering if anyone had any experience with it now that the situation has changed so much (ie has anyone gone to Cafe Orleans since reopening, requested the pomme frites as a side and actually gotten them?)

I asked if they could be ordered separately during our visit on 5/1 and was told “no”. However, they did let me substitute the pomme frites for the rice on my Bourbon Street chicken dish, which was perfect! So, try asking for them as a replacement for a side on an entree.

Also, a few tips, though your mileage may vary.... I knew my kids were disappointed about the lack of kids steaks and wouldn’t eat a plain grilled chicken filet. They split the Bourbon Street Chicken, and they really enjoyed the flavor, as well as the rice and grilled veggies. We also mobile-ordered beignets from Mint Julep for dessert, since Cafe Orleans isn’t offering them now. Bon appetit!

Someone asked them last week and was told no, you cannot order them separately.
Thank you for the info!

I asked if they could be ordered separately during our visit on 5/1 and was told “no”. However, they did let me substitute the pomme frites for the rice on my Bourbon Street chicken dish, which was perfect! So, try asking for them as a replacement for a side on an entree.

Also, a few tips, though your mileage may vary.... I knew my kids were disappointed about the lack of kids steaks and wouldn’t eat a plain grilled chicken filet. They split the Bourbon Street Chicken, and they really enjoyed the flavor, as well as the rice and grilled veggies. We also mobile-ordered beignets from Mint Julep for dessert, since Cafe Orleans isn’t offering them now. Bon appetit!

Thank you. This is really great info.

Looking at the menu, the kid's have the option of "create your own selection" but the pomme frites is not an option! If only they'd let us do rice AND pomme frites then I think it could work.

If anyone tries this, please let me know! Thank you in advance.

We were there 5/6 and they are not able to provide them as a seperate side due to lack of staffing and space in the kitchen but they still offer them with your meal.

Reviving an old thread to ask if anyone knows if an adult can order the Mickey's Cheesy Macaroni from the kids menu at Cafe Orleans. I want to eat here, but one in our party is a little picky and this might make them happy. Thanks!

Reviving an old thread to ask if anyone knows if an adult can order the Mickey's Cheesy Macaroni from the kids menu at Cafe Orleans. I want to eat here, but one in our party is a little picky and this might make them happy. Thanks!

When we went in 2019, my MIL ordered off the kids menus in most locations because she doesn't eat much and they were smaller portions. She was never told no.

Im so sad by the changes to this menu. As a tradition on our first day, we’d go here for lunch. Always ordered Gumbo, with pomme frites and mint juleps, followed by the obligatory Beignets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter