Cafe Orleans not open for reservations April 29 to May 5

Steven G

DIS Veteran
Hi,
we were interested in Cafe Orleans, and noticed that after April 28, even though the day and times were listed, no tables were available at any time. I know that Cafe Orleans is not THAT busy, so I called reservation line, and they said that Cafe Orleans is closed from April 29 to May 5th, and will reopen on May 6th. They couldn't/wouldn't give me a reason, but she doublechecked with her supervisor.

Just wanted to provide a heads up!

Well, I guess now we know Cafe Orleans won’t be involved in any Star Wars Day festivities. I wonder if it’s just a general sprucing up, or if there will be any noticeable changes.

Refurbs have to happen. It should be a quiet week that week!

Curious as to why you think it'll be quiet that week? We are going from April 30 - May 7 so I'd love it if it was a quiet week, lol.

Well, I guess now we know Cafe Orleans won’t be involved in any Star Wars Day festivities. I wonder if it’s just a general sprucing up, or if there will be any noticeable changes.

What is Star Wars Day? Are you thinking the opening day of Galaxy's Edge? I thought it wasn't open until June?

OP, we are going to same week, I also tried booking for Cafe Orleans and was told the same thing. Thankfully May 6th is our last day at DL so we'll still be booking dinner for that day. I've heard lots about the Monte Cristo sandwich, can't wait to try it out!

Last edited:

What is Star Wars Day? Are you thinking the opening day of Galaxy's Edge? I thought it wasn't open until June?

Star Wars day is May 4 every year:

"May the Fourth be with you."

Has nothing to do with GE.

Oh gotcha :) Thanks! Does DL usually do special things to celebrate? My DS loves Star Wars!
Some additional merchandise, some photo ops, maybe a slight heavier character presence. Cool things if you’re a fan but I don’t recall it being a huge deal. This year, with SW:GE around the corner, who knows??

OP: You might want to change your title from March 5 to May 5. Otherwise, poor CO looks to be closed for almost a year!

I have been trying today to make reservations for May 7, 8 or 9 and nothing's available. I wonder if they extended the closure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter