• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cafe Mickey - reviews

These are great photos.

Somewhere on photo bucket it offers you the chance to edit them and you can rotate them so we see them straight.

I've rotated them in my photobucketaccount but somehow in my post the pictures are still on their side.

thanks for the pics of the food and menus :) most helpful

i am feeling hungry now though !

I've rotated them in my photobucketaccount but somehow in my post the pictures are still on their side.

You will need to update your links in your post to pick up the new files from photobucket :)

Yummy

I can feel my tummy rumbling.

Thanks for posting the menu too :goodvibes

Had tea at Cafe Mickey last week.

Was a bit apprehensive but it was fantastic (at a price).

Booked on our first night, but didn't fit in with our plans so let the reservation go, booked for 2 nights later. Arrived exactly on time and kept waiting no more than 5 mins. Seated downstairs. Service generally good, drinks a bit slow coming. Kids food average. Adult food very good, had main course, shared a desert and coffee, all of a very high quality, far better than I expected. Lots of characters and worth the money just the hassle free photos and autographs. Two lots of characters appeared whilst we were there (about 2 hours). 100 euros for 2 adults, 2 children and beers for us. Take into account the opportunity for characters not bad disney value really. Glad we chose last night as if we had done with on the first night kids might have wondered why it was so difficult to get to characters in the Park.

Pinocchio Pasta:

P1030002.jpg

I know, it was just too good last time!
And I couldn't resist to take a picture and post it. It made up for all the food I forgot to take pictures of ;)

i had my birthday cake here, it was lovely the waiters started singing and the whole room ended up enjoying in then i has a pic with capt hook who was in at the time.i wasnt sure about this place when we booked it but now its my fav restaurant the food was lovely esp pinocchio's pasta yummy:thumbsup2 and we saw lots of different characters when while we were there and they make the effort to came to every table, i was surprised they came to ours really cuz we where all adults(but that didnt mean we were any less excited to see them than the children were)lol

We had a nice meal here last week :), Wow the place does go a bit crazy with all the dancing! Very fun and upbeat! It's seems to be the place to go if you have a little one with a birthday as all the characters suddenly surounded a table near us and most everyone got up to dance and sing this little girl happy birthday. Very sweet!

I had thought we would order from the 34 Euro set menu but now that is gone and they have one for 30 Euro instead and have changed things a bit. The mushroom starter is gone but they have added Carpaccio. We just ordered the ribs, they were no longer on a set menu. If I remember correctly the Banquet starter was also not on the menu we received but there were a few lovely salads.

Sorry, I didn't get any pictures of what seems to be the new menu. They still had the pasta though so no worries there :thumbsup2 !

Sorry to disagree with some post.
This place is way to unorganised and way to expensive for the food that is served.
Last week we had to wait 40 minutes with a reservation to get a table which was not even cleaned.Menus got basicly thrown at us.No one shows up to take our orders for another 20 minutes,so we decided to walk out.
Had a wonderful meal without any wait at the Rainforst Cafe instead.
Never again.
Conny

We were there last Wednesdsay (21st November).

We had a reservation for 20:00 - so a fairly busy period, given that the park had closed at 18:00. Upon arrival had about a 10 minute wait - BUT had arrived early at around 19:45.

My only two issues - not enough menus given, and had to wait 10 minutes - which as you can see really aren't issues - but I listed them purely so you can see how hassleless my visit was.

Unlike Conny - as usual a wonderful experience - as have been the other 3 visits over the last couple of years.

Regards

Iain

We ate here on our last evening (Thursday 6th Dec) and had a wonderful evening. Our reservation was for 7.15 but on arrival discovered that our table was upstairs (no lift) and Mum can't manage the stairs, so they changed us to a downstairs table, we only had to wait 5 minutes while the table was set up for us.

We had no complaints at all about our waiter, he was friendly and did a good job.

The food was lovely, although the portion sizes varied according to the dish ordered, if you're fussy about the quantity you get have a good nosy around the tables before ordering (under the guise of looking for the toilet, of course).

The characters came around twice during the time we were there. They tried to spread themselves around the room, although some parents don't seem to appreciate that if the kids stay at their table they will get more time with the characters and they just let them mob them. Worst of all were the parents who dragged their kids in from the street to stalk the characters (without even eating in the restaurant). The staff threw them out when they noticed them but it was a full time job.

You definitely get more attention from the characters if you get into the groove (figuratively and literally). The atmosphere was really good, at one point waiters and characters were dancing with the customers. The characters present on our night were: Prince John, Mr Smee, Friar Tuck, Gideon (?), Tigger (Tigron), Pluto, Gepetto and Mickey of course. Gideon was hoot, really freaked out during the dancing. There were some different characters on another evening when we PASSED by outside.

The food IS expensive, but you are paying for the whole experience and we all felt that it was a great final dinner. We spent (after discount) €149 for four adults and two children - main courses for all, two desserts, two kids dessert buffet, soft drinks for all, one very large beer, four cocktails and two coffees.

We ate here on October 25th at lunchtime. We wanted to eat early as this was our last day in the Park and we wanted a last treat to give our daughter before we set off for home. We were seated straight away and had no delay in being served.
The food was mediocre the last time we ate here, but this time we were all impressed.
I had a starter - cheese and tomato tart and it was VERY big but oh so tasty.

SSL13222.jpg

then steak with shallot sauce - remembered to ask for it to be well done this time.

SSL13227.jpg

Husband had a salad which had tons of meat in it.

SSL13221.jpg

while dtr had pasta

SSL13223.jpg

My dessert was creme brulee which came with an ameretto biscuit

SSL13228.jpg

We all enjoyed every bit of this meal and every item was delicious. The character interaction was very good and they seemd to have time for everybody and King John was obviously in a mischievious mood and kept coming back to play 'tricks'. In all we saw King John, Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip, Dale and Minnie.

It seems a shame that the food is so hit and miss. On this visit alone we would highly recommend this place, but we are not alone in having a poor food experience here in the past. Luck of the draw, it seems.

Okay - another review by me. :)

We ate here at 12.30 on Thursday 10 April.

I don't know if they were short of staff but only 2 characters at a time came out, whereas before there have been 4 at a time. While we were there we only saw Chip, Dale, Pluto and Prince John. We didn't mind too much as we'd had lots of good character times elsewhere, but if this was your only character meal I think you may have been a bit disappointed.

Dtr had Daisy's Four Cheese Ravioli. then she got brought an ice-cream, although she hadn't ordered it (the menu says ice cream OR buffet and she wanted buffet) So I let her get a few bits from the buffet as well. Then the waiter came up and asked if she wanted an ice cream. :confused3 She said no, thank you. Then as I paid the bill he brought over....... an ice cream.

I had the Fantasia Mushrooms and they were okay, just not as nice as I imagined they'd be. The steak was cooked just as I like it and the sauce was nice. The apple pie was yummy too. I didn't enjoy that as much as I should have because a) they were clearing the table right next to us and all the disinfectant spray went all over me (bleuch) and b) the waiter was bringing me the bill and clearing the table while I still ate. They were definitely in a rush to get us out. That may explain the mix-up with my dtr being offered multiple ice-creams.

It was a nice enough meal, but I'm glad we'd had other nicer meals during the week. If this had been my one special meal of the holiday I probably would have been left feeling a bit flat.

We had a FAB lunch here during our recent trip. The waiter we had was lovely... Very friendly and funny! Treat us like big kids, which made the whole experience really fun!! :goodvibes The food was fab! The menu has a more Italian feel to it now, serving pizzas and pastas and a few nice looking meat and fish dishes...

We had a gorgeous garlic bread:

DLRP374.jpg

Robert had Minnie's Special Carbonara, which he said was really really gorgeous:

DLRP375.jpg

And I had the Pinnochio pasta, which was gorgeous! I felt awful not finishing it, but the portions were absolutely giant!! Our waiter jokingly called for the chef when I hadn't eaten it! :rotfl:

DLRP376.jpg

And of course, we met characters! I was so pleased as I'd heard the characters often ignore groups of adults, so it was a real treat!! Robert laughed at me for being so polite to the characters, thanking them all the time and everything- I just know what it's like to be in their position, so I made sure I was extra-nice!! Goofy kept playing with Roberts (Very long) hair and pointed to his own ears and putting his thumbs up! Captain Hook stroked his hair too and pointed to his own!! :rotfl: It was so funny and magic!!

DLRP366.jpg

DLRP368.jpg

DLRP369.jpg

DLRP370.jpg

DLRP372.jpg

DLRP377.jpg

DLRP380.jpg

Kissing Minnie Mouse!!

DLRP382.jpg

I also thouroughly reccommend the Mr. Smee non-alcohol cocktail.... It was GORGEOUS!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes We also got a photo of Mr. Smee, but my photobucket is being mega slow... Might upload it another time!!

All in all, a fab meal at Cafe Mickey, would definately go back again!

Bob xoxoxox

Lovely report and pic's, i've also had the Pinnochio pasta and Minnie's Special Carbonara on the times we have been- both wonderful but i do agree the portions are huge- the first time we went, we had the meal vouchers too- so we had 3 courses, i could hardly manage any of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter