Cable question

I know the sites each have cable, but I am a little confused on the application. We normally don't bother, but thought it may be fun to bring our little tv this year. If I bring a long coax and digital TV, is that all I need? Also, will we receive just local channels or the special Disney channels like in the other resorts?

I know the sites each have cable, but I am a little confused on the application. We normally don't bother, but thought it may be fun to bring our little tv this year. If I bring a long coax and digital TV, is that all I need? Also, will we receive just local channels or the special Disney channels like in the other resorts?

If it's a digital tv, Loopy, you should be okay. The other resorts get all the same channels the Fort does (I believe Directv is the underlying provider FWIW). You may have to do a channel scan but others can advise.

Bama Ed

If it's a digital tv, Loopy, you should be okay. The other resorts get all the same channels the Fort does (I believe Directv is the underlying provider FWIW). You may have to do a channel scan but others can advise.

Bama Ed

Yay! Thank you. I normally don't bother but since we're staying for a bit longer than normal (not very long but we usually just stay for a night), I'd love to have those silly Disney stations like in the resort rooms, lol. Just adds to the pixie dust for me....along with cookies and milk the first night at bedtime
:tinker:

Yay! Thank you. I normally don't bother but since we're staying for a bit longer than normal (not very long but we usually just stay for a night), I'd love to have those silly Disney stations like in the resort rooms, lol. Just adds to the pixie dust for me....along with cookies and milk the first night at bedtime

If it doesn't work right away with the cable on your site (some brands of tv don't, but there is no list) then head over to the Meadows Trading Post and they will loan you a kit with a little box to hook to it. It's free, just have to remember to turn it in with all the parts when you leave.

Some cheaper Televisions have a tuner that isn't QAM capable (I think that's the right one). Apparently it's common for many RV Televisions to go with the cheaper models without it. If your TV is QAM capable, you should be okay.

Some cheaper Televisions have a tuner that isn't QAM capable (I think that's the right one). Apparently it's common for many RV Televisions to go with the cheaper models without it. If your TV is QAM capable, you should be okay.
It' a small, house TV. We're in a tent :earboy2:

The TV has to be "cable ready". Most of the cheaper TV's have a built in tuner but that is strictly for over the air signals. If you have cable at home you can easily attach the cable directly to the TV bypassing any kind of cable box, then adjust any settings like "signal input", run a scan for channels and see if it finds them. If it does then it should work at the Fort.

The TV has to be "cable ready". Most of the cheaper TV's have a built in tuner but that is strictly for over the air signals. If you have cable at home you can easily attach the cable directly to the TV bypassing any kind of cable box, then adjust any settings like "signal input", run a scan for channels and see if it finds them. If it does then it should work at the Fort.

We've used a cheap DTV there about 7 years ago and it was able to access all the channels (including all the Disney ones) with no problem. Normally, I bring my usb DTV tuner for my laptop. This helps to cut back on how much we bring and I can use the single laptop to access disboards, email, and TV.

We've used a cheap DTV there about 7 years ago and it was able to access all the channels (including all the Disney ones) with no problem. Normally, I bring my usb DTV tuner for my laptop. This helps to cut back on how much we bring and I can use the single laptop to access disboards, email, and TV.
I'm curious about this. I would much rather bring an old laptop than a tv. For a USB DTV, is it just a dongle that converts coax to usb or is that a gross oversimplification and I need a lot more? I'd be very interested to learn a bit more.

I'm curious about this. I would much rather bring an old laptop than a tv. For a USB DTV, is it just a dongle that converts coax to usb or is that a gross oversimplification and I need a lot more? I'd be very interested to learn a bit more.

This is a link to something similar to what I use: http://www.pctvsystems.com/Products...HDStick/tabid/173/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Of course, there are other products out there that may meet your needs more completely. Shop and ask around. hope this helps!

An older cheap TV, yes, in the electronics world 7 years old is old, is different than a newer cheap TV. We have a 29" 2 year old TV we bought for the 5ver and it will not work without a cable box. My "older" cheap TV will. Which is why I suggested testing it at home. That way the OP will now for sure what equipment if any he will need when he arrives.

Is the cable for the Cable a hdmi cable? Our laptop has hdmi access that we use at home to watch internet on tv. I ,also, would be more interested in the multiuse laptop setup.

They provide Cable TV through a Coax Cable. It's on the power post. HDMI would not work so well as the RV would have to have an HDMI hookup on the outside to connect to the Fort. Then you would need to have an HDMI port on the Inside of your Camper. (or tent I guess). Otherwise you would have to run a long cable through a door or other opening which would also not be ideal.

Most RVs are wired for a Coax connection (Whether it be for Cable, Antennae or Satellite.) HDMI connections are usually from the Cable/Satellite box to the TV and are generally a "Short Run" connection. (Typically limited to 50' or less).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter