Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

If you can say, did it mention anything about being sold as a trust use plan?
No I don’t see anything about how they’re being sold sadly and I forgot to ask:( if I speak with her again tomorrow (she said she’d follow up to go over things once they’re officially on sale) I’ll be sure to confirm!

I can't believe they are that much less than Riviera for the lower add on amounts ($8 for 100 points and $9 off for $125)

New member incentives are always lower than for existing members.

Since RIV and CFW both have the resale restrictions, If I was new I would certainly look at that extra $1 upfront on the 150 point package and the roughly $4 per point savings in dues to go with Riviera.

Both have transportation that can be shut down for inclement weather but Riviera also has a dedicated bus station unlike CFW.

Pretty surprised they are not better. Only thing I can think of is that only acticTef 30 cabins so don’t want sales to be too crazy at first?

Or, this is a way to get people to go RIV and that something unique will happen when Poly tower sales begin?

Not sure what the DVC rationale is for the terrible per point price for a sub moderate dvc, ultra high dues for cabins/non stationary structures (that are taxed like trailers not homes) and dismal incentives. Perhaps this can be digested by seasoned/experienced DVC members, however Disney took the Cabins from the Ft. Wilderness lovers and turned them into an unattainable pipe dream.

I find the value in the cabins from a member who has direct points. The point chart itself has a lot of value IMO. However, I would not want this as my home resort especially with those dues. I am glad we have the cabins in the portfolio to choose from at the seven month mark, but am unsure about how they are going to sell these direct at the current price and incentive levels

I asked my guide to send me answers to a lot of questions (including a silly one regarding the laundry). All he sent was the disclosure schedule. Absolutely nothing on restrictions, the trust, anything else. I am incredibly disappointed in them. EDITED: He said he is sending more so I will reserve my annoyance for a bit.

I find the value in the cabins from a member who has direct points. The point chart itself has a lot of value IMO. However, I would not want this as my home resort especially with those dues. I am glad we have the cabins in the portfolio to choose from at the seven month mark, but am unsure about how they are going to sell these direct at the current price and incentive levels
I agree 100% which is why it's such a raw deal for the Cabin Lovers that hoped for a low barrier to entry.

I asked my guide to send me answers to a lot of questions (including a silly one regarding the laundry). All he sent was the disclosure schedule. Absolutely nothing on restrictions, the trust, anything else. I am incredibly disappointed in them. EDITED: He said he is sending more so I will reserve my annoyance for a bit.
I asked similar questions and the guides response was "well you get to enjoy deluxe perks if you purchase the Cabins at Ft Wilderness"
Me: deluxe perks? you've got my attention. Will there be new amenities like dvc member pool, laundry, transportation, food options, anything new to justify the price and dues?
Guides eager response: You'll have Early park entry.
Me: :mad:

Has there ever been a time when dues were reduced after some kind of major refurb? i.e. is it possible it starts at 12.15 then they drop it down to 9.xx in a couple years after building out some of those upgrades?

12.15 seems like it would be fatal to a lot of potential buyers.

This wasn’t refurb related, but CCV started out with higher dues and then they adjusted them. I remember getting a small credit like the second year, but I think it was because the taxes had been estimated too high, or something like that. The dues also weren’t as high as the cabins compared to the other resorts.

I agree 100% which is why it's such a raw deal for the Cabin Lovers that hoped for a low barrier to entry.
It’s not ideal for cabin lovers for sure. However, they did get a pretty great point chart given how recent charts have been trending. So that’s a win.

However, the high dues would give me a long pause. The dues are preventing me from adding a favorite week there.

The given dues are lackluster but could be trying to capitalize on the hype or people that really want the favorite weeks. Let’s get a premium for the people who want the favorite weeks then increase incentives when the best favorite weeks are gone and we need to attract more buyers. I’m not sure their exact strategy but my guide mentioned they suspect Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas favorite weeks to fly off the shelves which makes sense or was a sales tactic since I mentioned I would only add on for a favorite week.

All in all, it’s a mixed bag. 2 negatives (price and dues) and 1 positive (point chart)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter