Cabins at Fort Wilderness Points Charts Posted! For Sale and Booking Dates too!

Its amazing how much Disney is incentivizing you NOT to own at the cabins because of the high maintenance fees AND resale restrictions, but own elsewhere and stay at the cabins for the low points.

Well, you have to own direct or grandfathered resale to use them.

And, right now, they only activated 30 cabins so if sales sluggish, they will have options.

Oof, the point chart was a win but price per point to pay 12.15 a year in dues is just too much for me. I’m out on the cabins
This kind of seems to be the trend DVC is going with nowadays. Everyone was all hyped up for VDH and then the transient tax news broke. I’m actually semi hopeful that the cabins will be available to book at 7 months because I think people will be turned off by the dues.

Well, you have to own direct or grandfathered resale to use them.

And, right now, they only activated 30 cabins so if sales sluggish, they will have options.
Yup. And thats why most people interested in the cabins that don’t mark those boxes, will buy direct elsewhere to stay there.

This kind of seems to be the trend DVC is going with nowadays. Everyone was all hyped up for VDH and then the transient tax news broke. I’m actually semi hopeful that the cabins will be available to book at 7 months because I think people will be turned off by the dues.
That is my thinking too—but 30 cabins is a low number and with 6 beds and at that point chart, I expect it to be at least as competitive as VGC or a standard studio at BWV.

That is my thinking too—but 30 cabins is a low number and with 6 beds and at that point chart, I expect it to be at least as competitive as VGC or a standard studio at BWV.
Yeah maybe in the beginning it’ll be tough? I know they’ll keep a good chunk of it as cash inventory until they can declare more but surely it won’t take them too long when there’s 300+ of them in total..

Unlike RIV, where sluggish sales have been tempered by a strong cash demand, I don’t think the same will be said about the cabins. They’ve backed themselves into a corner. They HAVE to raise the cash prices on these cabins to make the dues not look so crazy and mathematically make sense. But who wants to spend $600+ a night to stay at a campground with no other deluxe amenities? No shade to campgrounds, I love camping but it’s simply just not worth the cost. You might as well get two rooms at a moderate to gain an extra bed, extra bathroom and even extra space. I’m sure there is a group of people who want the kitchen and to bring their dog, but this has to be a very niche market.

The prevailing thought has been that DVC is okay with RIV taking forever to sell because it’s filling up just fine with cash guests. I don’t think the demand is there for the cabins.

Last edited:
Just to get the numbers in, owners at CFW are paying Sun - Thu $12.15 x 15 = $182.25 and Fri - Sat $12.15 x 18 = $218,7 per night during the cheapest Sept season.

During the most expensive season we are talking about: $388.8 and $437.4 respectively.

or $1,348.65 for a week during Sept.

That's only when you take the dues into consideration.

Comparing it to VGF, which have a high nightly cost, but low annual dues.
During Sept seasons owners are paying to stay: $7.57 x 16 = $121.12 and $7.57 x 20 = $151.4

or $908.4 for a week during Sept.

I know the resorts are not the same, but in the sense that they are both DVC and considered Deluxe by Disney they are the same.

Is it really worth it to own there, with the high rumored dues? The delta between CFW and VGF for a week is $440.25

I could use my VGF points to book the same time during 7 months out, assuming there is availability. Price would then be $7.57 x 111 = $840.27

Doing the same math using CFW points at VGF gets you $12.15 x 120 = $1,458

Seems much more logical to use other unrestricted points to book there.

Any thoughts?

Just to get the numbers in, owners at CFW are paying Sun - Thu $12.15 x 15 = $182.25 and Fri - Sat $12.15 x 18 = $218,7 per night during the cheapest Sept season.

During the most expensive season we are talking about: $388.8 and $437.4 respectively.

During Sept seasons owners are paying to stay: $7.57 x 16 = $121.12 and $7.57 x 20 = $151.4

I know the resorts are not the same, but in the sense that they are both DVC and considered Deluxe by Disney they are the same.

Is it really worth it to own there, with the high rumored dues? The delta between CFW and VGF for a week is $440.25

I could use my VGF points to book the same time during 7 months out, assuming there is availability. Price would then be $7.57 x 111 = $840.27

Any thoughts?
Yeesh. And that’s against the resort with the highest point chart. I wonder how CFW’s CAGR will be down the line and maybe they overestimated like with RIV to give themselves a buffer. But yeah, I think we basically have the Vero Beach of Disney World.

Yup. And thats why most people interested in the cabins that don’t mark those boxes, will buy direct elsewhere to stay there.
...or just buy resale, which I expect will be decimated pricing wise because of the restrictions and high dues. Sure, you'll have to wait a year or so but if you MUST own at CFW for some reason (need a high demand week or can't get in at 7-months) a bit of patience will be key. With the high MF it makes ZERO sense to buy these direct and then use anywhere except the cabins....and if you're only ever going to use at the cabins, why bother buying direct?

Any thoughts?

It goes back to how important it is to want to stay there regularly.

For us, it wouldn’t be a home resort to choose but neither would some of the other less expensive options.

We stayed there a few times when we first went and while we used a car to go to the parks, the kids enjoyed it

So, I think they will have a following and if it turns out hard to book, I think some might end up buying some points to supplement.

It goes back to how important it is to want to stay there regularly.

For us, it wouldn’t be a home resort to choose but neither would some of the other less expensive options.

We stayed there a few times when we first went and while we used a car to go to the parks, the kids enjoyed it

So, I think they will have a following and if it turns out hard to book, I think some might end up buying some points to supplement.
I think Sandisw has it here, but I could be wrong. The dues a little stressful, but some of us don't really want to be online at exactly the date the other resorts go on sale to get where they want to be. And the thought of walking seems a little ugh to me. If I don't plan my trip during my home resort window, I never get what I want. Poor planning on my part. I have 2 resorts and I was thinking it was pretty much good enough. But I have ALWAYS said I would buy again if the cabins are in it. It would be just a lovely week to spend at Disney like the week after the marathon (if they didn't lure me with that crazy coast to coast) after I am retired. I suspect that a lot of the people who will buy at the Cabins are looking to buy at the Cabins and less looking at whether they could get a better financial deal at the Grand Floridian (where, honestly, my family doesn't enjoy being. They say it feels too "stuffy").

But, if Disney doesn't make it hard for everybody else to book at the cabins with their cheaper dues, I agree that is a bit of a misstep.

I think Sandisw has it here, but I could be wrong. The dues a little stressful, but some of us don't really want to be online at exactly the date the other resorts go on sale to get where they want to be. And the thought of walking seems a little ugh to me. If I don't plan my trip during my home resort window, I never get what I want. Poor planning on my part. I have 2 resorts and I was thinking it was pretty much good enough. But I have ALWAYS said I would buy again if the cabins are in it. It would be just a lovely week to spend at Disney like the week after the marathon (if they didn't lure me with that crazy coast to coast) after I am retired. I suspect that a lot of the people who will buy at the Cabins are looking to buy at the Cabins and less looking at whether they could get a better financial deal at the Grand Floridian (where, honestly, my family doesn't enjoy being. They say it feels too "stuffy").

But, if Disney doesn't make it hard for everybody else to book at the cabins with their cheaper dues, I agree that is a bit of a misstep.
I’m kind of envisioning a Copper Creek scenario here where during Christmas and the fall for Halloween the cabins become much more difficult to book but during other times of the year a lot easier maybe?

I know theres a pretty huge following of people who go every year around those times for the decorations and this product is for those people.

Its amazing how much Disney is incentivizing you NOT to own at the cabins because of the high maintenance fees AND resale restrictions, but own elsewhere and stay at the cabins for the low points.
This is where I am glad we added more direct points last summer. Our home resorts all have low dues, and while I'm curious about the cabins, I don't see us needing to stay there all the time.

^is that for a studio? or other unit.

I think the CFW will have a very specific market - and it is an easier entry for large families because at ANY other DVC resort they'd have to book 2 studios or a 2br to sleep 6. AND you can have a dog and not share walls? This will be appealing to some larger families, and then every once in a while they can bank/borrow and stay in a 2BR elsewhere. I don't think this is a product for "adding on" - this is a product to capture a whole 'other market. I think this is for the family with 4 kids who has never bought in because they can't afford DVC points to get a 2br. Maybe they were paying cash for a pet-friendly moderate hotel before. 150 points would get you 4-6 nights at Halloween or Christmas. Look, I don't think they'll have the add-on frenzy of VGF last summer (unless there's crazy incentives), but I think they'll do fine. (and anyone who's deterred by the high dues can add on at Riviera or Poly - it's actually a good cross-selling opportunity)

Any thoughts?
The Cabins are not studios though which you didn't mention was your comparison at VGF. The only thing lacking is the washer/dryer when compared to 1BR's. Compare it to 1BR's and it's value is big.

If a buyers plan is to mostly or always stay at the cabins then like most DVC's it can make sense to own there. If it's only occasional and not during the fall then owning elsewhere will make more sense.

there is no mention of a washer drier in the cabin (if it’s a one bedroom there should be a washer drier correct ???)

So, if somebody bought in February and chose a March/April use year, would they get a prorated number of points for the first period? Would you get to bank? Or since you can't book yet, will they not allow a use year before it is bookable? How has that worked in the past?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter