Cabanas

Jonnnyap

AKV DVC and Orange Bird Fan
Our home resort is AKV, but in Nov we stayed just one night (quick, last minute trip) at BLT, and it got me thinking…

BLT and Grand Floridian have pools with available cabanas for rental. I believe you have to be staying in those resorts to rent the cabana. Is that correct?

Has anyone picked their resort reservation just to get a cabana? How did it go?

We’ve been to WDW many times in the past 25 years and are looking for new things to try. A cabana rental would be something new/unique. I’m interested in trying this out and wanted to see if experts here have suggestions.

Thanks!

You do not have to be staying at most resorts to rent the cabana. You can rent at Poly and GF without a stay there.

I think BC/YC is the only cabana that requires a booking at that resort.

Has anyone picked their resort reservation just to get a cabana? How did it go?

You do not have to be staying at most resorts to rent the cabana. You can rent at Poly and GF without a stay there.

I think BC/YC is the only cabana that requires a booking at that resort.

Having a resie at BCV is no guarantee that you will be able to book a cabana. There are only 4 of them, and anyone staying at BCV/BC/YC can try to reserve one. Based on what I have read on the YC/BC thread, they go the morning that they can be reserved.

If you pick BCV just to get a cabana, that could backfire on you.

(Obviously many people love staying at BCV even without a cabana.)

You're correct, just having a BCV/BC/YC reservation doesn't guarantee a cabana, but it's like ADRs - you can call to reserve a cabana at 60 days, and go as far out as the room reservation allows. So the best bet is to reserve at perhaps 60+3 or 4 days, if that's possible. We've done GF and BC, and find BC to be limited (since there are only 4 of them), but also a bit more private and quiet. We enjoy it there. And if you're a DVC blue card member, don't forget to ask for the discount!

OP - if you need more information regarding where you can reserve, I'd recommend calling Member Services, or the 407-WDW-PLAY line and asking a cast member. You'll need to call to make the actual reservation, and I'm sure they can give you details regarding any resort-stay restrictions. Technically, you can call MS to reserve, but the "PLAY" line opens at 7AM ET, while MS opens a couple hours later.

My point was more that if you are not staying at BC/YC, they will not let you reserve their cabanas at all.

However, the cabana and the patio at Poly do not require the renter to be staying at those resorts.

My point was more that if you are not staying at BC/YC, they will not let you reserve their cabanas at all.

However, the cabana and the patio at Poly do not require the renter to be staying at those resorts.
Sorry - thought that was answered above. No, you must have a BC/YC/BCV reservation to book their cabanas. Other cabanas could be available without a stay at those particular resorts. With only 4 cabanas at BC, they restrict it.

There are only 4 cabanas at the GF also so it can be hard to get them as well. We did a 1 night stay this past fall and I called as soon as the phone lines opened on our 60 day mark and they were gone already. A longer stay would have opened up more options. There are also "poolside patios" available, but if you're looking for a very special experience, I'd try for the cabana. We really enjoyed our cabana experience back in 2021 and are going to try again this year (longer stay this time.)

I booked a cabana at BCV this past Oct. 2022. I only had 1 night booked in a 2 bedroom at BCV. When I booked the cabana both #3 and #4 were available. I took #3. A week later I called to change to #4 cabana and it was still available so I switched.

Thanks for all of the advice and detailed information. We typically stay for longer timeframes, so using the 60+ rule will work in our favor, but it will likely be a split stay, adding GF or CR at the tail end. @woodleygrrl, thanks for the link. We've never done the water parks, and from your link, I noticed that you can get reserved spaces in the Disney water parks as well. Maybe that would be an option for us.

Thanks, all!

Here what the WDW website says,
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/c...Cabanas#drawer-card-drawerCabanasContemporary

This must be relatively new and a change. At one time, not too long ago, you could indeed rent at those places without being a guest at the resort.

This must be relatively new and a change. At one time, not too long ago, you could indeed rent at those places without being a guest at the resort.
Agreed - that's what I thought, too. Sorry for wrong info above. We actually did do it at GF years ago, while not staying there - but things change.

I booked a couple cabanas in December, and I had to provide my resort confirmation number. And my guests count could not exceed the count on my reservation.

true, but I wouldn't call what the Poly has as a true Cabana. There are chairs and some shade but, that's abut it.
But if you're not staying on-site and want a half day at an on-site pool before catching fireworks or doing a Christmas/Halloween party it's a nice hack.

Since 2020, you have to be a guest at any resorts with Cabanas to rent them. That's what Disney World's website says, and what I've been told over the phone at my past 3 stays. :(

Learned something new on this post. Didn't realize that changed - maybe a change related to reopening during pandemic? Timing seems likely. Or it might have nothing to do with it! Good to know moving forward, though. I think BC has always had that requirement, but now it'll give guests at GF and CR (and Poly) better access if they choose to rent one. I expect they'll only adjust that if the cabanas are sitting empty too often.

I booked a couple cabanas in December, and I had to provide my resort confirmation number. And my guests count could not exceed the count on my reservation.
When you booked your cabana, were you able to include the names of the 6 people using it? My daughter is staying at BC and we are staying at YC. I am wondering if she books the cabana if she will need to be at the cabana before us to check in?

When you booked your cabana, were you able to include the names of the 6 people using it? My daughter is staying at BC and we are staying at YC. I am wondering if she books the cabana if she will need to be at the cabana before us to check in?
I did provide names, but the cast member said it wasn’t important since the price is fixed, regardless of who actually attends. I did have to show my ID at check so that they could confirm it against their list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter