CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

When getting a volcano bay view be specific that you want to be the tower. We were in the last room of one the hotel buildings that was not in the tower and they moved us to the tower due to the fact that there were electrical issues in the room that couldn't be fixed quickly.

Does anyone know if the family suites have come out with an AP rate for mid-August yet? I see the standard rooms and I'm wondering if I missed them and they sold out. I see they have them available for other rates.

Is there anyone else at Cabana Bay right now? We check out tomorrow and have quite a bit of canned soda left (Coke Zero, sprite, diet Dr Pepper) that we’d love to pass along rather than toss! Would be happy to set it outside our room tomorrow morning for pick up! :)

Finally booked a passholder rate for exterior poolside suite for week of Aug 6. School in area begins around august 10 so I am sure they will have passhoder rates for all room types mid-August available soon.

Finally booked a passholder rate for exterior poolside suite for week of Aug 6. School in area begins around august 10 so I am sure they will have passhoder rates for all room types mid-August available soon.
So I'm finding something interesting... If I input Aug 6-13, a full week, the AP rates for suites are available, and any other length of stay beginning that Saturday, even just one night, the family suites at the AP rate are there. Other starting dates don't show availability, I'm looking for 8th-11th. If I check day by day, only Tuesday the 9th is available. Anyone know what's going on here? Is this a bug or do they have specific combinations of availability?

Looking at CB for 1 or 2 nights in June. Any room preferences? Is pool side extra noisy? I'm leaning toward tower rooms, they are the cheapest. Are they nice, and have interior entry? Is the resort too spread out to make it a pain to get to the bus stop, or pedestrian bridge? and lastly, how safe did y'all feel there? I totally know that's relative, with various opinions, but wondering about the doors opening to the outside, large parking lots, etc. Second choice will probably be Aventura, but we've been there twice, and I'd like to try CB for something new. I do include convenience of getting to/from parks in the decision.

Last edited:

The cheapest standard rooms are all down the 2 main wings also. I've gotten a room there both times I stayed, both standard 2Q. Typical hotel setup with interior hallways.

The towers will be furthest from the lobby / food court / buses - and at CB that is saying a lot because the hallways are long.

Anyone have an opinion on the best place to pick up grocery items on the way to Cabana Bay from MCO? We will have a rental car and don't care if it is Walmart, Target or Publix - just whatever is most convenient.

Thanks! :)

Anyone have an opinion on the best place to pick up grocery items on the way to Cabana Bay from MCO? We will have a rental car and don't care if it is Walmart, Target or Publix - just whatever is most convenient.

There is a Publix nearby - on Dr. Phillips, I think. It is the I-4 exit before Universal if you are coming from the airport or Disney. We go there all of the time.

Checked in at 9 AM this morning, no line at all and they found me a room (pool view although I booked standard). So I got to settle in and eat breakfast before heading to the parks quite a long wait for a bus to the parks around 10:15

There’s a Publix on Universal Boulevard thats more convenient than the Dr Phillips one. Turn off from the 528 and it’s on the left hand side of Universal Boulevard.

That’s the way we come from the airport, doesn’t take long and then you don‘t have to deal with Sand Lake/Turkey Lake Rd junction which can add time to your journey.

Could you tell me if the mini refrigerators in the family rooms are wide enough to fit a gallon of milk or should I order two half gallons? Thank you!
Not sure when your trip is (was?) but I am here now and don’t think a whole gallon would fit.

edit to clarify - if you were comfortable with laying it on its side on the top shelf it might fit, the bottom half of the fridge is less deep than the top half.

Last edited:
Wow major bus fiasco tonight with the gradventure buses being parked on Hollywood Way and police blocking it off. Took an hour to get to CB from city walk because our bus driver didn’t know what to do. We were on Sand Lake Rd, I drive, around in circles and no information for the passengers. Finally back to City walk where another guy got on and said he knew how to get us there. Really bad night.

Wow major bus fiasco tonight with the gradventure buses being parked on Hollywood Way and police blocking it off. Took an hour to get to CB from city walk because our bus driver didn’t know what to do. We were on Sand Lake Rd, I drive, around in circles and no information for the passengers. Finally back to City walk where another guy got on and said he knew how to get us there. Really bad night.

If you get a chance, please make sure that your experience is reported to someone at the hotel or at guest services in the parks so the issue gets addressed for future events.

If you get a chance, please make sure that your experience is reported to someone at the hotel or at guest services in the parks so the issue gets addressed for future events.
I stopped by the front desk to chat but I don’t think she was the right person. I am going to try emailing somewhere else. This is not the first night they had graventure so I am not sure what the issue really was, if it was just our bus driver didn’t know how to go

Not sure when your trip is (was?) but I am here now and don’t think a whole gallon would fit.

edit to clarify - if you were comfortable with laying it on its side on the top shelf it might fit, the bottom half of the fridge is less deep than the top half.
We actually did exactly that… layed it on its side on the top shelf. :) Two half gallons would’ve definitely been a better fit, but the price differential made it worth it to us to go the sideways route! :)

And the fun continues this morning. Checked out and plan to hang around the pool for a few hours. The line to leave bags at bell services is as long as the checkin line! Crazy! I have never seen it like this. So my suitcase and I are sitting at the pool. I will try later after the checkout rush dies down.

And the fun continues this morning. Checked out and plan to hang around the pool for a few hours. The line to leave bags at bell services is as long as the checkin line! Crazy! I have never seen it like this. So my suitcase and I are sitting at the pool. I will try later after the checkout rush dies down.

I know that it is too late now, but in case it helps someone in the future, what we do on our checkout day is to ask for a late checkout. We have always received at least an extra hour. By noon the crowd is gone.

I know that it is too late now, but in case it helps someone in the future, what we do on our checkout day is to ask for a late checkout. We have always received at least an extra hour. By noon the crowd is gone.
I asked for late checkout when we went in March and they were not able to give it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter