CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Hmm, so was I, but it def was closed off at different times as would walk by. It was 100% more open & ready to use during the mid-day and more so compared to our Labor Day Week trip, then it was on and off. I think my main complaint was that it was chilly for this trip.

Speaking of Thanksgiving, had their Thanksgiving meal (lunch & dinner) and it was really really good. Large portions too, we ended up just sharing 1 meal for dinner. Think we will 100% do this again.

Oh, I believe you. Just never saw it closed ourselves and our room was overlooking the pool area from the 7th floor. We were swimming all morning and mid-afternoon on 11/25 (Thanksgiving) there. We played table tennis that night and it was open as well. We also swam 11/24 in the early evening all the way until 8 PM. We had Thanksgiving dinner at Antojitos (not good). We had a reservation at Portofino's Mama Della but didn't make it over there in time. We had a reservation at Mama Della on Wednesday night as well and didn't make it. lol

That sounds like fun! One of my favorite memories that I always try to recreate each trip is our mid-day break from the parks being at the pool/lazy river. Having that really helps a lot to re-energize us. Plus it's a lazy river, those are the best.

If you ever go again for Thanksgiving, try out their Thanksgiving meal. I can't understate how good / large portion it was for only $20 (& little cheaper with that nice new AP discount hehe). Not sure everyone really knew they were doing it, as apparently people would ask us where we got it. Was thinking they would have it at nearly all the lanes, but was only at one instead. If we ever go again, which I do think we will, might stay at a different hotel but would bus on over to the hotel for the meal.

Cabana Bay has really become our favorite hotel.

That sounds like fun! One of my favorite memories that I always try to recreate each trip is our mid-day break from the parks being at the pool/lazy river. Having that really helps a lot to re-energize us. Plus it's a lazy river, those are the best.

If you ever go again for Thanksgiving, try out their Thanksgiving meal. I can't understate how good / large portion it was for only $20 (& little cheaper with that nice new AP discount hehe). Not sure everyone really knew they were doing it, as apparently people would ask us where we got it. Was thinking they would have it at nearly all the lanes, but was only at one instead. If we ever go again, which I do think we will, might stay at a different hotel but would bus on over to the hotel for the meal.

Cabana Bay has really become our favorite hotel.

We saw the signs everywhere for the thanksgiving meal and wish we did that instead. We never had food at the resort there. We always ate somewhere else. We will try their food next time. We stayed at Royal Pacific for a few nights this past trip as well and also a week at Disney's Caribbean Beach so three resorts in one trip. It was fun. We really enjoyed Cabana Bay (other than the slow check in).

We stayed at CBBR a few years ago and loved it, and were returning the first week in December. I had heard recent horror stories of tired rooms, closed Lazy River, long lines at the Food Court, etc - so wanted to give a pretty recent report on the resort! TL/DR - it was fantastic!

Pop Warner was going on that week, and I worried that would be a huge interruption, but other than lines of identically dressed girls with giant hairbows streaming out to their busses, we hardly saw them. We had an Exterior Pool View room in the Starlight building, and the pool was sadly only open our first night. And it was raging with kids! However, when we went back to our room before the pool was closed, we didn't hear a peep. I know people say the rooms aren't soundproofed, but our room sure seemed to be! The room's furnishings looked brand new and fresh.

The Food Court food was delicious and cheap as ever, and no long lines to wait in. There was always a bus loading people and another pulling up - both at the resort and at the parks. Best bus service I've ever had at any theme park, and even better than our pre-Covid CBBR trip!

I hadn't used the Lazy River before, but we went every afternoon and it was delightful! It felt slightly cool as you entered and then was warm as toast. Nice and clean, with only a little leaf here and there. One day it was pretty busy with cheerleaders but it was all good fun, and other days it was quiet and peaceful. Loved the sandy area off to one side of the pool.

We picked up our tickets at the Attractions Desk with no waiting. Stuff in the shops was adorable and again, not as expensive as one might think for many cool items. I was buying something and asked if they had a Cabana Bay logo lighter (I had lost a lighter) and the lady said no, they didn't have logo ones - then slipped a free plain one in my bag.

My only complaint with the week is that it takes a lot of cheek to sell someone a Pool View room when the resort knew the pool wouldn't be open - but that complaint is minor. It was a fantastic stay, and CBBR is a dream for anyone who likes Mid Century Modern! The parks were slow and we didn't need EP. A terrific week!

A few photos of Cabana Bay from our recent stay. First, the lobby had the 1950's latest in Aluminum trees:

IMG_1497.JPEG

Along with its groovy mid century modern accoutrements:

IMG_1495.JPEG

Our room was in the Starlight building:

IMG_4295.JPEG

It was an Exterior Pool View on the ground floor:

z 2.jpg

z.jpg

z 3.jpg

At night, we had the sliding door closed between the two rooms. I had little glow lights on the side where the lovebirds slept on the pull out couch:

IMG_3910.JPEG

Romantic!

Are both pools now open? We are going in a month and we’re hoping to spend some time at the pool after the parks, but I couldn’t see where it would be listed if either of them were closed. How is swimming in Feb? Im hoping the pools are open late.

They've only released park hours until Feb 14th, but the USF closes at 7 every night until then, extending on Sunday Feb 13th to 9 and Monday Feb 14th until 8. IOA closes at 7 except for the 6th, 13th and 14th when they are open until 8.

I'm guessing only one pool will be open (the one by the Lazy River) in February. If you're there on a weekend, the practice is for both pools to be open Fri-Sunday. We arrived on a Sunday and left early Friday so we only had the other pool open that night. It's a drag, because the fire pit, smoking section, cushy chairs, and Atomic Cafe are also in that locked area. I would imagine swimming in Feb would vary depending on the variable weather. Our last trip to Universal, it was cold and rainy and we were competing for scarves. This trip was warm as toast, though it was December! Bring layers, just in case.

Are both pools now open? We are going in a month and we’re hoping to spend some time at the pool after the parks, but I couldn’t see where it would be listed if either of them were closed. How is swimming in Feb? Im hoping the pools are open late.

The Lazy river pool side was open The other side is not. It's only open during the weekends when we went in November. Also when we were there in November the Lazy river didn't open until 12. Which wasn't my favorite ruling. I hope it is open when you go.

We will be staying at Cabana Bay for the first time in a few weeks. We have an interior suite. Are those in every building or limited to certain ones?

Big winter storm hitting the Northeast this weekend. We've bumped our trip back to February 12th; fortunately our new dates were the same rate. Fingers crossed for decent weather and pool openings!

Just a quick comment, an opinion no one asked for

Bayliner Diner's French Fries are addictive no idea why. Maybe it's the truffle oil. Or the location. So good

I'm drooling just thinking about the Southwest flatbread. And I think the location is only a tiny part of the equation!

My family has decided on a family suite for our June trip. Is there really a benefit or big difference between the exterior/interior/poolside options?

My family has decided on a family suite for our June trip. Is there really a benefit or big difference between the exterior/interior/poolside options?

The rooms themselves are identical whether you choose interior or exterior or poolside or not poolside. Only real difference is that in the exterior entry rooms, the big window is in the living room vs. the bedroom in the interior entry rooms.

Interior open to an interior corridor whereas exterior open directly to the outside.

Pool view rooms have views of one of the two pools whereas non pool view have views of parking lots/landscaping.

Hope that helps!

A few pages back in this thread there is some commentary about this. What I gathered from it was the poolside rooms can be noisy from the pool music. The interior rooms can be noisy with sounds echoing in the halls. I choose an exterior suite because I don't care about view I want quiet and also wanted the window in the living room because I prefer my bedroom nice and dark. Stayed there in September and loved it !

A few pages back in this thread there is some commentary about this. What I gathered from it was the poolside rooms can be noisy from the pool music. The interior rooms can be noisy with sounds echoing in the halls. I choose an exterior suite because I don't care about view I want quiet and also wanted the window in the living room because I prefer my bedroom nice and dark. Stayed there in September and loved it !

also and I may be thinking of another hotel, but wasn’t the exterior entry closer to the dedicated walking path to the parks and the interior entry rooms are on the lazy river side area

also and I may be thinking of another hotel, but wasn’t the exterior entry closer to the dedicated walking path to the parks and the interior entry rooms are on the lazy river side area
Yes and the resort is pretty spread out so if you have a preference which side you want to be on that could play into the decision as well. Also how much walking you want to do room to food and bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter