BWV's answer to the Dreaded Dumpster View at VWL: the Dreaded Gutter View!!

Sorry but I cant remember the room #- this was from the 4th floor- the very last room- standard view-- TOT at night was awesome! :)

rightview.jpg

jiggerj...So the next villa to the right of this picture is Preferred View? Seems to me they should have just taken the SV all the way to the end of the building!

I guess when looking straight ahead from that balcony you'd be looking down on the tennis courts, right? That's not too bad either, and these days those courts seem to always be empty...of course, that could be because we generally go during the summer! :sunny:

Every room will not have a postcard view, that's just the way it is. We stayed at BWV last fall, and we had the dumpster view (I will see if I can find a picture). But, along with that, we also had a very nice Canal view, and shot over to MGM (seeing the Tower of Terror in the distance).

I will admit the dumpster was a bit distracting, and one morning I did get woken up around 4:30 as they emptied it (I think). But, overall it was a great room and the view for the most part was nice and relaxing.

We were the furthest room from the elevators, but I didnt mind the walk, it made it more quiet as people were not coming down the hall all night long.

You have to take the good with the bad. When we are in WDW, we dont spend much time in the room, so the view is not big deal. We did sit out and watch the boat on the canal, and I didnt mind it at all.

Glass is half full I guess...

E

You have to take the good with the bad.

That's pretty much the bottom line. ::yes::

Since I travel with DW and two teenage DD's, I tend to spend a lot of time on the villa balcony relaxing (ie. waiting). But really, the only thing that would probably bother me is if there was a foul smell or something. Other than that, I can deal with pretty much any view. :)

jiggerj...So the next villa to the right of this picture is Preferred View? Seems to me they should have just taken the SV all the way to the end of the building!

I guess when looking straight ahead from that balcony you'd be looking down on the tennis courts, right? That's not too bad either, and these days those courts seem to always be empty...of course, that could be because we generally go during the summer! :sunny:

Hi Granny- to the right is the back stairs that would lead to the community hall and quiet pool. It was actually VERY convenient! You could slip down the stairs for a quick dip in the hot tub then just slip right back upstairs. The stairs were also very convenient when returning from Jellyrolls! ;)

The room directly across from me was considered preferred view that looked out on the community hall and quiet pool.

Nighttime was great with TOT all lit up. We could even see a bit of Fantasmic. We didnt walk to MGM but I am sure that walk would have been shorter than just getting to the boat then boat over to MGM.

I cant believe that I dont remember what the view was directly straight out- :( Sorry.

oops- found the pic!
leftview.jpg

Thanks, Granny! Now see? This is the way to post something less-than-stellar about a resort! :goodvibes

My teenage duaghter would like to see some pics of those "hot" guy views, just to confirm its true. :confused3

My teenage duaghter would like to see some pics of those "hot" guy views, just to confirm its true. :confused3

Sorry, I didn't bother to take any of those photos. ;) And my teenage daughters don't seem to want to give me the media cards from their cameras to get their photos developed. :confused3

:rolleyes1

Ah, fatherhood! :sad2:

:thumbsup2

We have had this room before!! Does that mean I win a prize? :lmao: We actually got this room during Food and Wine one year. We checked in really early (7am We had been driving all night) and they had a room ready! WooHoo!! We will take it! ........ opens door to our home for the next week. Runs to the window to check out our fabulous view.... :scared1: We did end up moving after one night. The noise from all the cars coming in and the luggage carts rattling around drove DH crazy. The manager was terrific and moved us without a problem. Granted our new room was all the way at the end of the looooooooooooooooooooong hallway (I tell ya I could have spit on the Swolphin!) but at least it was peaceful.:cloud9:

Sorry, I didn't bother to take any of those photos. ;) And my teenage daughters don't seem to want to give me the media cards from their cameras to get their photos developed. :confused3

I guess for now, I'll put this in the same category as the CRV rumor and big foot! But I have heard some have seen the Yeti in Disney....go figure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter