• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV standard studio location request

montrealdisneylovers

DIS Veteran
We will be going to BWV over Christmas for 1 night before heading to BLT. I just changed our reservation from garden view to standard to save the 6 points I desperately need for next year`s vacation. As it is our first time at BWV (studio) is there some specific location I should try to request (or try to avoid). Thank you

for one night - not really.

like the one near the steam - furthest from the lobby. they are the closest to the bus stop.

Standard view all seem to face the entrance of the hotel and/or parking lot(s). The further you get from the elevators a) the longer you have to walk if you don't take the stairs and b) the less you hear from the buses and delivery trucks. I'm currently at BW and not as close to the elevators as I could be (about 8 rooms away, towards the parking lots.) I have a sound machine (Android app) and am very glad I thought to pack the earplugs as well. However I am a notoriously light sleeper so, depending on how exhausted you are, even being very close to the front of the hotel might not make a big difference to you for just one night. But requesting to be "close to" or "far from" the elevators is something to consider.

My DVC home resort is the BWV and we always try to stay in standard view rooms. We have a standard request we always send Member Services 'high up room far from the elevators'. As already said the nearer to the elevators you are the nearer you will be to the lobby, very noisy, especially if you are on a lower floor. We always get our request and as already said it is a bit of a walk but further down its quiet, you get a nice view and normally you can see the Epcot fireworks from your balcony.

Last year we requested a room in a certain block about halfway down, upper floor. We decided it probably doesn't matter which room we get so this year it's just "upper floor" We have strollers so we do use the elevators most of the time.

We requested a room not far from the elevators last summer and ended up in room 5085. It was a nice location. We also had a stroller too so we used the elevators quite a bit. It depends on what is important to you though on where would be best to stay. If you need the elevator then that is something you may want to request. If you want it quieter then requesting to be at the opposite end may be a bit better for you (also you are closer to Hollywood Studios if you want to walk there). Depends on what you are looking for. Good luck.

The only request I ever had met at the BWV was the one time I stayed there on a solo trip and specifically told MS I was a woman travelling alone (I don't do so often and am not always comfortable with it), and asked them to put me closer to the elevators. They did.

That was the one and only time our requests at BW have ever been met in almost 15 years with multiple trips per year. I'm starting to think you can ask all you want, they put you where they put you, although I read alot of posts where people do have their requests met.

Even at AKV (our other home resort), I've never had a request met. Last solo trip, I told them I was alone and would prefer mid hall to close to lobby/elevators, I was placed alllll the way at the end of the hall, very end as a matter of fact. Must be my lack of pixie dust??:scared:

But....ask, maybe you will receive. If you plan on going to DHS that day then furthest from elevators is an easier walk to that park and closer to the buses.

Good luck and have a great trip :wave2:

Furthest from the elevators does give you a better view. It overlooks a pond directly out front and the waterway to DHS on your right.It is also fairly quiet, but quite a walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter