BWV rooms requests questions

PixieDusting

The Red-headed Pixie!
Hi all

I received our confirmation today (after being waitlisted for months) that all our dates have come through in early Dec for a BWV standard view studio.

I need to call tomorrow to get our room request(s) in, as for some reason this confirmation shows none (though prior ones do). I know we want a non-smoking, top floor. Here are my questions...

1. We would prefer a view of some sort, but actually if it is of anything but the parking lot we'd be satisfied. Is that what I should reqest "a view of anything but the parking lot."

2. For the sake of "quiet" I'd love to have a "dedicated" studio. Am I right that these exist at the BWV and if I request this (is not as important as the others) will it hurt our chances of having a top floor room with some sort of "view?"

Thanks in advance!

What kind of studio did you get? BWV accomodations are already broken out into 2 broad catagories - prefered view and standard view. If you got a prefered view studio, then you won't have a view of the parking lot - usually these views are water views, either the boardwalk itself, or one of the pools.

All standard views can see the parking lot but it really is not significant issue as the parking lot is quite a ways a way.What you will be mostly looking at is the outside grounds and front entrance in the front of the resort and across at the buildings in the BWI. Those standard view rooms at end of building that overlook tennis courts are closest to the parking lot but they have the advantage of also looking at MGM. Thus, I would not even worry about the parking lot/non-parking lot issue. I am not sure of the number of dedicated studios in the standard view area but that request, after non-smoking, should likely be your lead request in order to have a chance of getting one.

The standard view rooms do overlook the hotel entrance driveway and parking lots, but there is quite a bit of landscaping/flowers between the hotel and the "blacktoped areas". Standard view rooms farthest from the elevators may have a view of the canal and/or tennis courts. We've stayed in standard view rooms twice now and I think the view is just fine. IMHO, the top floors will give you the best view of the higher fireworks from EPCOT. Some of reported that the rooms near the tennis courts also have a partial view of the fireworks from Fantasmic.

The dedicated studios are actually the rooms called studio plus. They have a small child-sized daybed in addition to the queen and double pullout. They are nice, but my understanding is that parties of 5 get preference. (I don't know that for sure and see nothing wrong with requesting it). There are fewer of these units than of the "regular" studios.

Remember to put your requests in the order of importance.

Enjoy your trip!

The choices for standard view are close to the elevator, which would also be close to the Boardwalk valet entrance or closer to the pond & tennis courts, which would be a farther walk from the elevator. I have a standard view 1 bedroom reserved for December and I requested to be close to the tennis courts because I figured it would be more quiet, I don't mind the walk. From what I understand, there are steps and an entrance on that end so that you do not have to walk all the back to the elevators and lobby to get out to the parking lot. The dedicated studios have the daybed, so you could request that.

We had standard view studio plus and in the early morning when the kids were still sleeping, I enjoyed sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee watching the comings and goings....we had requested non-smoking, but were given a smoking room....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter