• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV refurb is in full swing.

I wonder if more waitlists are coming through because people are rescheduling to avoid risk of refurb inconvenience?

I wonder if more waitlists are coming through because people are rescheduling to avoid risk of refurb inconvenience?

Either that or they know rooms will be done sooner and are releasing to inventory. I had my waitlist for my 3/1 BWV reservation come through last month (1/19 to be specific). I made that waitlist right at 7 months and for the full week of 3/1-3/8. I quite honestly never expected it (or BCV for the same dates) to come through and had kind of forgotten about them. So I was shocked when the BWV one did and pleasantly surprised. It will be great for the night of Epcot MM.

Either that or they know rooms will be done sooner and are releasing to inventory. I had my waitlist for my 3/1 BWV reservation come through last month (1/19 to be specific). I made that waitlist right at 7 months and for the full week of 3/1-3/8. I quite honestly never expected it (or BCV for the same dates) to come through and had kind of forgotten about them. So I was shocked when the BWV one did and pleasantly surprised. It will be great for the night of Epcot MM.
What view? Has anyone had a waitlist come through for the next few months for a standard view room?

What view? Has anyone had a waitlist come through for the next few months for a standard view room?

Mine was for the garden/pool view studio. If I am going with BWV, I book or waitlist that view as I know it is the easiest to get. May be a few more points, but I went from the savannah view at AKV to p/g at BWV, so not a big change to my points. And I have plenty still for what I need later in the year too.

In a refurbished studio for one night. All the hallways from the elevators heading towards DHS seem to be closed. Everything heading in the BW direction seem open.
Thank you for the update! Any progress on Blue Ribbon Corn Dog stand that you saw? I cannot believe we still don’t have an opening date for that.

Anyone in a standard view room been contacted lately to move to the Inn side? I'm "hoping" they will be completely finished with the reno by 5/1/24.

Just stayed in room 5011, a renovated 5th floor BW view 1BR. It was far down the hallway but had an amazing view of the EP and MK fireworks. Loved the room overall and had a great stay. Always love staying at BWV and so happy to be an owner. Some thoughts:

- Dining area doesn’t seem well thought out. As others have mentioned, the seating is way too big for the space and seems unnecessarily bulky. I feel like it would be much more functional with sleeker seating. Also, the chandelier was very bright and we left that light off because it bothered our eyes. There was plenty of lighting besides that and we didn’t find it necessary.

- With the new thermostat, we had to set it to a higher temperature than we used to in order to feel warm enough. It was pretty chilly in the evenings when we were there.

- Later in our stay, new decorative pillows appeared in the living room and bedroom. They were pretty huge as far as throw pillows go.

- Saw some previous comments about hot water, but we had no issues and the water got hot very quickly.

- I like the new artwork but didn’t see anywhere we could purchase prints, like at RIV. If I missed it and you know where to find them, please share!

- The handles on the vanities can now be used as towel bars for hand towels, which was convenient. Generally there was a decent amount of bars/hooks, but I wish they had added hooks or a ledge in the entry like they have at some of the other resorts.

- The new tub in the 1BR is very large and worked well for bathing our kids, although probably more difficult to bathe an infant since it’s so tall.

- The new single level counter is great and continues along under the TV. A lot of surface area and convenient for storage.

That’s all I can think of right now… some photos:

IMG_0503.jpeg
IMG_0528.jpeg
IMG_0649.jpeg
IMG_1288.jpeg

Just stayed in room 5011, a renovated 5th floor BW view 1BR. It was far down the hallway but had an amazing view of the EP and MK fireworks. Loved the room overall and had a great stay. Always love staying at BWV and so happy to be an owner. Some thoughts:

- Dining area doesn’t seem well thought out. As others have mentioned, the seating is way too big for the space and seems unnecessarily bulky. I feel like it would be much more functional with sleeker seating. Also, the chandelier was very bright and we left that light off because it bothered our eyes. There was plenty of lighting besides that and we didn’t find it necessary.

- With the new thermostat, we had to set it to a higher temperature than we used to in order to feel warm enough. It was pretty chilly in the evenings when we were there.

- Later in our stay, new decorative pillows appeared in the living room and bedroom. They were pretty huge as far as throw pillows go.

- Saw some previous comments about hot water, but we had no issues and the water got hot very quickly.

- I like the new artwork but didn’t see anywhere we could purchase prints, like at RIV. If I missed it and you know where to find them, please share!

- The handles on the vanities can now be used as towel bars for hand towels, which was convenient. Generally there was a decent amount of bars/hooks, but I wish they had added hooks or a ledge in the entry like they have at some of the other resorts.

- The new tub in the 1BR is very large and worked well for bathing our kids, although probably more difficult to bathe an infant since it’s so tall.

- The new single level counter is great and continues along under the TV. A lot of surface area and convenient for storage.

That’s all I can think of right now… some photos:

View attachment 837176
View attachment 837177
View attachment 837179
View attachment 837181
Thanks for the updates and the pictures. Nothing like seeing Fireworks from the resort. :)

I can see what you mean about the furniture but at the same time I’m glad they have seats for 4 around the table. Before you had to pull the chairs from the bar to sit at a tiny table.

Edit: Forgot to add DS will be sad as more and more resorts are removing the ability for him to watch a show from the tub lol.

Thanks for the updates and the pictures. Nothing like seeing Fireworks from the resort. :)

I can see what you mean about the furniture but at the same time I’m glad they have seats for 4 around the table. Before you had to pull the chairs from the bar to sit at a tiny table.

Edit: Forgot to add DS will be sad as more and more resorts are removing the ability for him to watch a show from the tub lol.
We definitely appreciated the bigger table! I think the chair size was especially crowded for us since we also have a double stroller we kept along the wall and there wasn’t much space to walk between that and the chair. In some other resorts the seating is far enough from the entry that the stroller doesn’t get in the way (like VGF with the washer/dryer hallway).

We’re staying in room 4005 right now, and while I like the refurbishment and am grateful for the new bedside table/ledge on the side of the bed closest to the bathroom, my husband and I are astonished by how uncomfortable the balcony chairs are now!

We use the balcony a lot when the weather’s nice, and these seem designed to be as tough as possible on your back. Definitely need to stick a pillow behind you to make it bearable! Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but it definitely feels like a real oversight.

I’m not really wowed by the artwork (the finish looks a little flat and cheap, somehow?), either, but it’s a nice room, and I’m happy as a clam to be here, listening to the great music and watching the Friendship boats go back and forth on Crescent Lake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter