BWV refurb is in full swing.

I have a garden/pool view booked for May 1st and 2nd. I was just able to snag this a few days ago and already have a room reservation for the Riviera. Since we are already staying at the Riviera later in the trip, I would like to keep the BW reservation but have been afraid to cancel the RIV. Being moved to the Inn side wouldn't be a huge factor for me since
we are only there two nights and don't cook in the room anyway. Has anyone heard if they are moving people somewhere other than the Inn side or BC/YC lately? Any of those would be ok, but I would rather stay at the RIV than anywhere else since we are planning DHS and Epcot those days.
You mention not cooking but people do technically cook in the studios too so not sure what you book only the category in which you booked.

The last couple of reports that I saw were just for studios moving to the inn side.

Yes, I realize that people cook in the studios, which is why I said that it wouldn't be a huge factor to me if we were moved to the Inn side since a big difference between the Inn side and the studios is the kitchenette and we don't cook in the room anyway. Sorry if I was confusing. We are more worried about location to the parks we will be frequenting those days.

Yes, I realize that people cook in the studios, which is why I said that it wouldn't be a huge factor to me if we were moved to the Inn side since a big difference between the Inn side and the studios is the kitchenette and we don't cook in the room anyway. Sorry if I was confusing. We are more worried about location to the parks we will be frequenting those days.
When you mentioned you didn't cook that is why I was thinking 1 bedroom. Thanks for the clarity.

I'm just hoping that the notices have stopped for all.

About seven weeks out and we're supposed to be staying in a standard one bedroom. I am hopeful it works out because we made all of our plans and dining reservations centered around being there.

Can anyone confirm that some of the renovated 1beds have missed out on the Murphy bed? Please tell me it isn’t so! I’ve heard some have a new sofa bed installed.

Nothing confirmed other than those two that I have seen,

This week I stayed in room 1003, a BWV 1 Bedroom Boardwalk view, it was renovated and still had a sofa bed.

IMG_0177.jpeg

Thanks for the info! Did you guys happen to use it? I haven't seen any reports of whether or not the sofa bed is brand new and how the mattresses are.
Unfortunately I did not open it to see. It did look brand new. But, I wonder if they will add one later? There certainly seems space to do so. Also, the side table between the couch and dining bench seems to be a bedroom night stand, which make me think this might be temporary. I sure hope so!

This week I stayed in room 1003, a BWV 1 Bedroom Boardwalk view, it was renovated and still had a sofa bed.

View attachment 832631

I really hope it's temporary due to supply or something else simple. I would definitely book a studio knowing we would have a murphy bed, over possibly having a sofa bed in a 1br. My mother often goes with us, and she doesn't do well with the sofa bed, but the privacy of a 1br is preferred.

Last edited:
Have a 1BDR standard view booked for early to mid April. No contact yet to be moved, but when we walked by there last week definitely looked like the standard rooms around the DVC pool had some work to go!

Have a 1BDR standard view booked for early to mid April. No contact yet to be moved, but when we walked by there last week definitely looked like the standard rooms around the DVC pool had some work to go!
We're going to be there the first week of April and now I am concerned about the rooms not being done. Hoping more people post here if they were moved. All of our plans are made being at the Boardwalk so it would be a big inconvenience the longer they wait.

I had a two bedroom waitlist filled for a May weekend at BWV. It’s garden/pool. Since it’s come to us via a waitlist, we should be good, right? No moving someplace else! We were originally at RIV, but I waitlisted BWV to save a few points. I was very happy it was fulfilled.

Last edited:
We're going to be there the first week of April and now I am concerned about the rooms not being done. Hoping more people post here if they were moved. All of our plans are made being at the Boardwalk so it would be a big inconvenience the longer they wait.
Same here. We are in standard studios that week and have not been moved still. I haven’t seen any reports of April moves yet. If they move us I hope it’s to the Inn side, Beach Club, or Yacht Club because I’ve made all of my plans and dining reservations around where I’m staying like you have.

I had a two bedroom waitlist filled for a May weekend at BWV. It’s garden/pool. Since it’s come to us via a waitlist, we should be good, right? No moving someplace else! We were originally at RIV, but I waitlisted BWV to save a few points. I was very happy it was fulfilled.

I had a waitlist fill last month for a trip in 2 and a half weeks. It is for a garden/pool studio. I have not heard anything about having to move, so I think I am good at this point. I had honestly forgotten about the waitlist (was booked at AKV-Jambo) and never expected it to come through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter