BWV refurb is in full swing.

Sounds like not much progress has been made since we left 12/11.
Sounds exactly like when I left on 12/13 too :confused3 There is NO WAY they will be starting on the standard view rooms the beginning of January :rolleyes1 When I left, the garden/pool rooms opposite the Boardwalk view rooms even had some balcony railings still torn off and missing :sad2:
Pool Garden Side 1.jpg
Pool Garden Side 5.jpg

Speaking of chairs - I checked in Sunday - BWV Studio Pool/Garden View. Got a renovated 2nd floor Commons Green view. Might be the first person in this renovated room, they are working on ones near me.

But back to the chair - there is plenty of room for a Real chair across from the couch - I‘m over 8 years old so Not going to sit on one of the tiny ottomans stuffed under the dresser area, and I am not fond of sitting on hotel couches - luckily, patio chair was light enough to bring in to sit on. White lattice actually fits the decor lolView attachment 817467
Those little ottomans are a terrible design choice/trend being put into the DVC rooms. :sad2:

Those little ottomans are a terrible design choice/trend being put into the DVC rooms. :sad2:
I put them up alongside the bed near the new shelf. I was able to put my smaller tote on it to keep it handy and off the floor, plus it keeps my laptop from falling off the bed. Not like anybody other than me will be making up the bed.

Sitting on it, no. I'll be requesting a chair. I need to sit up while eating now that I'm older. Since so many of our earlier members bought in as long as 30 years ago (23 for me), as seniors our room needs should be considered. At BWV particularly, many of us are in parties of 1 or 2 and we are probably not lounging around or sitting tippy on a little stool. When I go I don't often see crowds of kids. Yes, my grandchildren will come for a week at Easter, but that will be my 4th trip in my use year to Disney plus a couple of visits to DHHIR.

I'll also be changing my pattern and doing a one bedroom in 2024 for one of my solo/maybe bring a friend trips. Chairs should not be a problem on that trip.

Do they still have the huge closet in the bathroom?

There is a big closet off the bathroom with the bigger vanity. It's where the in-room safe is. Unfortunately, I just looked back at my pics and video and I don't have it for some reason, sorry!

Thanks for the photos! Was there only one chair for the dining table (in addition to the bench and the two bar stools)? There was some discussion after photos posted earlier showed a dining chair crammed in between table and sofa, so I’m curious!

Yes, just the one chair but there's the other chair in the corner that could easily be dragged over, if needed. Plus, as you mentioned the two bar stools. They wouldn't fit between the table and the couch, but you could easily fit three more chairs on the other long side of the table.

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7418 (1).jpeg

I put them up alongside the bed near the new shelf. I was able to put my smaller tote on it to keep it handy and off the floor, plus it keeps my laptop from falling off the bed. Not like anybody other than me will be making up the bed.

Sitting on it, no. I'll be requesting a chair. I need to sit up while eating now that I'm older. Since so many of our earlier members bought in as long as 30 years ago (23 for me), as seniors our room needs should be considered. At BWV particularly, many of us are in parties of 1 or 2 and we are probably not lounging around or sitting tippy on a little stool. When I go I don't often see crowds of kids. Yes, my grandchildren will come for a week at Easter, but that will be my 4th trip in my use year to Disney plus a couple of visits to DHHIR.

I'll also be changing my pattern and doing a one bedroom in 2024 for one of my solo/maybe bring a friend trips. Chairs should not be a problem on that trip.
I assume you’re referring to a studio, which has the coffee table with the lid that elevates to table height. Can’t you sit on the couch to eat from that, as opposed to sitting on the ottoman? I agree, I couldn’t sit on an ottoman to eat - leave those for the kids!

I assume you’re referring to a studio, which has the coffee table with the lid that elevates to table height. Can’t you sit on the couch to eat from that, as opposed to sitting on the ottoman? I agree, I couldn’t sit on an ottoman to eat - leave those for the kids!

I tried it but it's not a comfortable way to eat. It's just plain awkward.

I tried it but it's not a comfortable way to eat. It's just plain awkward.
Ah, thanks for clarifying. A misstep by the designers, who apparently are not required to “live in” their designs!

I hope those owners who stay in studios send emails to DVC reporting how awkward it is to eat there without a proper table and chair.

Nice you found a use for them beyond what they are there for.

I don't even consider them great for kids - at least younger kids. As you mentioned - tippy and your legs need to be of a certain length to touch the ground. That puts the in for an age bracket of maybe 6 or 7-45? The ones with good balance and good knees? But no long legs or you're resting your chin on your knees. :rolleyes:

We were booked in a standard view 1 BR the week of March 9. Just got a call today that construction is behind so our room won’t be available.

They offered to move us to a Boardwalk Inn resort view regular room and a $100/night credit. I find this an offensive offer. I am paying points for a 1 BR and they are essentially downgrading to a studio and only offering $100 (not even the cash price different between a studio and 1BR). I politely said that doesn’t seem like a fair offer and the cast member said “it actually was pretty nice of the resort to do that, they legally could just cancel”.

Haven’t told them what I’ll do yet. Any insights?

We were booked in a standard view 1 BR the week of March 9. Just got a call today that construction is behind so our room won’t be available.

They offered to move us to a Boardwalk Inn resort view regular room and a $100/night credit. I find this an offensive offer. I am paying points for a 1 BR and they are essentially downgrading to a studio and only offering $100 (not even the cash price different between a studio and 1BR). I politely said that doesn’t seem like a fair offer and the cast member said “it actually was pretty nice of the resort to do that, they legally could just cancel”.

Oh DVC. :sad2:

I'd ask what other 1BR's might be available elsewhere, or at BWV, or else ask for the point difference returned between the 1BR and the studio. I care not that the "trade" amount into the Inn rooms is more. Maybe a smaller per night credit if the kitchenette is of great importance.

I'd want the points difference back between a one bedroom and a studio, and with that I would accept the Inn room. Location is everything to me, and it's unlikely you would get much better on the Boardwalk. I've been following DVC availability and there is very little anywhere.

Of course accepting the Inn room depends on your needs for the kitchen, washer/dryer and other amenities. I would need a microwave, small refrigerator, toaster and disposables.

And, I'm not so sure about 'legally just cancel'. I doubt that was a scripted comment.

Last edited:

I think you should read this thread. It sounds like you got a better offer than the OP of that thread did:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...struction-delays.3934999/page-9#post-65189925

The room I was in had the same doors as before, one side opens out on to the balcony. I am not sure why they have removed some of the balcony doors :confused3
Could just be that it is easier for them to take the slider doors off the track and bring in the Murphy couch bed system through them than the hallway door?

If it were me I would request for club level offerings to be included or for my points to be partially refunded. If they can't make that happen, or if the reason you wanted a 1 bedroom is for privacy or the washer and dryer, then I would request another 1 bedroom. I find it disappointing that DVC is calling people with one option and saying take it or leave it. At the very least they could be offering two different fair options and then maybe it wouldn't seem like they're trying to back their members into a corner. Seeing your post reminded me to call and link my two standard studios for April 1 check in so that they move my party together. I fully expect to be moved at this point and now seeing that they're already moving March reservations I'm sure April bumps will be coming soon.

Are there any BW view rooms that are currently either not refurbished or not currently being worked on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter