BWV refurb is in full swing.

I stayed in a renovated Boardwalk view studio from 12/4 to 12/13 and the first thing I did was go down to the front desk to request a real chair :) There is no way I was going to spend 10 days sitting on those backless, low-to-the-ground stools :crazy2:
View attachment 817810View attachment 817811This is the chair they brought up. Using the lift up table top on the coffee table work out great for eating and working BUT ONLY because I had the real chair :rolleyes1 It is my room that is featured in the DVC Fan video.

Which floor were you on? I was in 4029 starting Dec 2nd and @eandt was in it prior to my visit. Your view looked very similar - across from the basketball game.

Has there been any other full refurb where they have reused parts from the previous build? I thought this was supposed to be back to the studs?

Has there been any other full refurb where they have reused parts from the previous build? I thought this was supposed to be back to the studs?
Hard goods doesn’t necessarily mean to the studs. I don’t think they did a to the studs redo here, at least not in every part of the room.

Which floor were you on? I was in 4029 starting Dec 2nd and @eandt was in it prior to my visit. Your view looked very similar - across from the basketball game.
Great eye!! I was in room 3029 and everything from that room on was closed and being worked on. So all those rooms are not available to be used :sad2: On the second floor, ALL the rooms after the Village Green rooms are under construction as of when I left on 12/13 :crazy2:

Great eye!! I was in room 3029 and everything from that room on was closed and being worked on. So all those rooms are not available to be used :sad2: On the second floor, ALL the rooms after the Village Green rooms are under construction as of when I left on 12/13 :crazy2:
That is one of my requested rooms - x029 and x031. Only dedicated boardwalk view studios.

Same on the 4th floor. Plastic was up and a sign plus closed hallway door.

I stayed in a renovated Boardwalk view studio from 12/4 to 12/13 and the first thing I did was go down to the front desk to request a real chair :) There is no way I was going to spend 10 days sitting on those backless, low-to-the-ground stools :crazy2:
his is the chair they brought up. Using the lift up table top on the coffee table work out great for eating and working BUT ONLY because I had the real chair :rolleyes1 It is my room that is featured in the DVC Fan video.
We just checked out after 6 nights in a studio. First thing we did was request "real" coffee cups and wine glasses. The CM seemed a little confused until I explained we wanted cermaic coffee mugs. We had them within an hour. Great service while we were there. Way better than two years ago right after the pandemic.

Loved the murphy bed, but losing the table attached to the twin bed was noticible. Interesting that Beach Club studios retained the table and chairs attached to the small pull-down bed, while also getting the new murphy beds.

While the room decor seemed a little more strile, we still enjoy really BWV and will stay there again next year. Might try the one bedroom next time.

I'm having a harder time with this one understanding some of the angst over the rooms as far as the decorating/theming. While I agree that they're pretty bland and could use some color and more theme in the room, I don't see how they're any worse than the prior rooms. Other than the walls being green before instead of just white, I actually think the old rooms were more boring (I'd say the old mirror was better too). The walls were even emptier before, and the only other "theme" was the headboard, but that was small and just okay (I recognized it was themed to a boardwalk). The two little pictures on the wall, while better "themed" to the boardwalk, they were also nothing special and looked odd on that big wall.

I agree the rooms are becoming too sterile and am on the side that room theming doesn't need to be a bunch of Disney to be themed - it should go towards the theme of the resort - that's why I love Wilderness. Although, it's difficult, because I am a fan of the Riviera rooms. When I'm staying in a room for multiple days, the room feeling bright and clean really helps too (while I like Polynesian and love that theming, prior to the refurb it was difficult because the rooms just felt too dark and drab so it's a fine line sometimes).

I think the artwork does better now because there's more and it's bigger, although I find the artwork theming a bit weird in that it's themed to itself - it's artwork themed to the hotel that it's in (Goofy and Max art of them staying at the Boardwalk, Mickey and Minnie at the hotel entrance) - it's just a little too circular on that front.

I just think these were boring and bland rooms before the update (most recent rooms - never stayed there prior to the last redo), so it doesn't feel like anything was taken away here.

Which rooms are they currently working on? Starting at 4029 or starting at the lobby, including the village green rooms? Thanks!!
On the 4th floor, the village green rooms appeared to be occupied as I saw quite a few maid carts in that area. 4029 was the last room in use, meaning, going back toward the lobby was mostly finished. The Grand Villa a couple of doors from me was getting finishing touches. At first I thought it was occupied but then realized it was full of workers. After 4029, going towards the end closer to Jellyrolls, was blocked off when I left. I didn't walk any other floors. Too busy enjoying life!

I just think these were boring and bland rooms before the update (most recent rooms - never stayed there prior to the last redo), so it doesn't feel like anything was taken away here.
That is exactly what was said about them when that previous refurb was done! Lots of comments about Marriott style rooms, etc. No theming, on and on.

I was around for and bought the original product. Just to mention a couple of things: the gray striped studio sofa with the in your back bar sleeper inside, the same headboard that was just removed and replaced with the new plaid headboard. Moving on to the quilted bedspread, complete with bedskirt, large mirror on the wall next to the bed (why there?) and window pane picture above the sofa and the green floor lamp. Tall brown?chest with maybe 19 or 27 inch tv set. Some rooms (dedicated) also had the white bench with thin cushion. Patterned rug and same style curtains as we still have with hidden Mickey. Wait for this - orange and mustard yellow walls.

We LOVED it at the time so the transition to boring was quite traumatic. Now, I hated the chest of drawers, the white one from the last refurb, the couch always got dirty looking fast, and rarely did we use the kid sized sleeper, but it still had a sort of table, chairs and a ceiling fan. I needed to stand on the chair to pull the chain on the ceiling fan.

Moving forward, we have a better bedding configuration. PLUS a ledge for the other side of the bed. We'd been grousing about that for years and finally got it! (Too bad we had to give up a real table and chairs and ceiling fan along the way.) The new chest is simple but more functional. No outside door, clunky hardware, awkward to pull out drawers.

The coffee table style is not something I'd pick, but maybe that will get tossed next time around and they'll bring in something better plus a real chair. As a coffee table it's fine. As a desk/dining area it just looks awkward and weird. I'm imagining somebody storing their personals inside and then someone else having lunch, when it's raised.

I'm very happy with the new artwork. It's theming is what I expect, but wish it wasn't so 'the same' from Grand Floridian on down, meaning the 3 character pics in a row. If I didn't sleep around so much I wouldn't know!

After sleeping there for 4 nights, I'm mostly okay with it. Miss the table and chairs.

That is exactly what was said about them when that previous refurb was done! Lots of comments about Marriott style rooms, etc. No theming, on and on.

I was around for and bought the original product. Just to mention a couple of things: the gray striped studio sofa with the in your back bar sleeper inside, the same headboard that was just removed and replaced with the new plaid headboard. Moving on to the quilted bedspread, complete with bedskirt, large mirror on the wall next to the bed (why there?) and window pane picture above the sofa and the green floor lamp. Tall brown?chest with maybe 19 or 27 inch tv set. Some rooms (dedicated) also had the white bench with thin cushion. Patterned rug and same style curtains as we still have with hidden Mickey. Wait for this - orange and mustard yellow walls.

We LOVED it at the time so the transition to boring was quite traumatic. Now, I hated the chest of drawers, the white one from the last refurb, the couch always got dirty looking fast, and rarely did we use the kid sized sleeper, but it still had a sort of table, chairs and a ceiling fan. I needed to stand on the chair to pull the chain on the ceiling fan.

Moving forward, we have a better bedding configuration. PLUS a ledge for the other side of the bed. We'd been grousing about that for years and finally got it! (Too bad we had to give up a real table and chairs and ceiling fan along the way.) The new chest is simple but more functional. No outside door, clunky hardware, awkward to pull out drawers.

The coffee table style is not something I'd pick, but maybe that will get tossed next time around and they'll bring in something better plus a real chair. As a coffee table it's fine. As a desk/dining area it just looks awkward and weird. I'm imagining somebody storing their personals inside and then someone else having lunch, when it's raised.

I'm very happy with the new artwork. It's theming is what I expect, but wish it wasn't so 'the same' from Grand Floridian on down, meaning the 3 character pics in a row. If I didn't sleep around so much I wouldn't know!

After sleeping there for 4 nights, I'm mostly okay with it. Miss the table and chairs.
That's helpful background.

I completely agree about the Grand Floridian pictures - that's immediately what I thought of, although I guess the line between Victorian style and early 20th century Atlantic Boardwalk is probably on the thin side.

Just to clarify my points - I do think, from the videos and pictures, that it's an improvement, and any time they go from sofa bed to Murphy bed is huge to me. I was really just trying to generalize some of the complaints I've heard, but more specifically from people on YouTube that hate the recent change and complain that it's too boring now, etc. I just don't see how people can be so upset about it from that perspective given what it was most recently. These were not points and complaints that clarified they were still upset from earlier refurbishments.

The lack of a chair in the corner is weird. I have to say though that we were not fans of that table on the fold down bed under the TV. It seemed like it needed to be able to be folded down out of the way, especially with the fact that it looked like a foldable table. The way it just jutted out like that was awkward (and a thigh or hip bruise waiting to happen).

Dealbreaker for me would be the lack of a ceiling fan. I need the air moving in hot temps. (Not much of an AC user at home.)
I Always travel with about a 5" USB desk fan - those can push a perfect amount of air and if you are lucky, you get a quiet one ;) they travel best in a carry on since too much banging around tends to make them noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter