BWV refurb is in full swing.

Not saying what they did at BCV was the better decision, but it's interesting that DVC went with a smaller murphy bed unit. Maybe it has something to do with soft goods vs full refurb. The attachment shows how the similarly-spaced BCV villas did the Murphy bed.
A notable difference is there’s no chair at the end of the table and no space for one at all, as opposed to the new BWV where there’s a chair crammed in between the sofa and the end of the table.

LOL, someone needs to go with a tape measure and measure length of the walls there in SSR, BCV and BWV! :p

Not saying what they did at BCV was the better decision, but it's interesting that DVC went with a smaller murphy bed unit. Maybe it has something to do with soft goods vs full refurb. The attachment shows how the similarly-spaced BCV villas did the Murphy bed.
BCV previously advertised a Double / Full sleeper sofa (although in practice it was a mix of Fulls and Queens) while many of the other DVCs advertised a Queen. Not sure if they kept that distinction as they replaced the couches

Speaking of chairs - I checked in Sunday - BWV Studio Pool/Garden View. Got a renovated 2nd floor Commons Green view. Might be the first person in this renovated room, they are working on ones near me.

But back to the chair - there is plenty of room for a Real chair across from the couch - I‘m over 8 years old so Not going to sit on one of the tiny ottomans stuffed under the dresser area, and I am not fond of sitting on hotel couches - luckily, patio chair was light enough to bring in to sit on. White lattice actually fits the decor lol20231213_104317.jpg

Attachments

• 20231213_105050.jpg
    20231213_105050.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Geez. Some of you are so negative. Everyone’s style is not the same. Either stay there or don’t.

It is a refurbishment. Is EVERY SINGLE THING going to please everyone? No.

Just be happy if you even get to stay there either on your home resort priority, 7 month booking, renting points or cash.

Me? I will be there in a studio in a few weeks and in a 2 bedroom lockoff in a few months after switching from Boulder Ridge (which I love but you can’t beat the location of Boardwalk if you love Epcot).

Hey if y’all want to cancel your standard studios because don’t like the refurb, I will be happy to save the points.

Geez. Some of you are so negative. Everyone’s style is not the same. Either stay there or don’t.

Just be happy if you even get to stay there

This seems Really negative lol.

Personally, I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts about Boardwalk, the magical and the not so magical ;) Disney people Do read comments here and elsewhere to make changes along the way :)

This seems Really negative lol.

Personally, I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts about Boardwalk, the magical and the not so magical ;) Disney people Do read comments here and elsewhere to make changes along the way :)
I guess your definition of negative is different than mine and Webster's. lol :)

The location is great but as a BW owner the refurb looks underwhelming. It is a more budget conscious resort with the low point chart. Alot less dues per night than say RIV, Poly or VGF. I get it’s less frills, very utilitarian bathrooms etc. We’ll see the studio next week, maybe it will change my impression from the pics of very neutral yet disjointed. The ottomans, the floor, the curtains - maybe it’s the lighting but the tones and textures aren’t really lending themselves to each other overall.

Eta- Pictures do not do BWV refurb justice.

Definitely looks much better in person.

We checked in 3rd floor BW view on Wed and some construction still happening but looks like most of these rooms are now open 😊

Last edited:

The location is great but as a BW owner the refurb looks underwhelming. It is a more budget conscious resort with the low point chart. Alot less dues per night than say RIV, Poly or VGF. I get it’s less frills, very utilitarian bathrooms etc. We’ll see the studio next week, maybe it will change my impression from the pics of very neutral yet disjointed. The ottomans, the floor, the curtains - maybe it’s the lighting but the tones and textures aren’t really lending themselves to each other overall.

As a long-term BWV owner, I was somewhat disappointed in the photos of the studios, but really liked the 1 BR pics. We generally stay in the larger rooms, so think I’ll be happy. Hoping they can add a bit more in terms of soft goods (and some chairs) to the studios over time. No chair is crazy!

I think it looks better in person. Very light and airy. I moved from BWV Studio to GFV Resort Studio yesterday and while GFV room and bathroom is definitely more upscale elegant, they felt similar.

I think it looks better in person. Very light and airy. I moved from BWV Studio to GFV Resort Studio yesterday and while GFV room and bathroom is definitely more upscale elegant, they felt similar.
Thanks for your feedback :)

Was just talking to DH and he said from the pics he likes it. And to hear you think it’s better in person is elating.

It is a refurbishment. Is EVERY SINGLE THING going to please everyone? No.

Just be happy if you even get to stay there either on your home resort priority, 7 month booking, renting points or cash.

Me? I will be there in a studio in a few weeks and in a 2 bedroom lockoff in a few months after switching from Boulder Ridge (which I love but you can’t beat the location of Boardwalk if you love Epcot).

Hey if y’all want to cancel your standard studios because don’t like the refurb, I will be happy to save the points.
I do think it’s frustrating when they change the included furniture. It’s not just new things, it’s that they eliminated things that people valued when making their purchase.

Like others here, I too also am continually frustrated by Disney (and seemingly all hotel chains) desire to strip the world of all desks. I don’t use them a ton as desks but those rooms desperately need more surface area for just putting my crap down.

I don’t use them a ton as desks but those rooms desperately need more surface area for just putting my crap down.
The Studio had one suitcase rack that fit in the closet, and a very long shelf (guessing 9’ x 15”) under the TV - perfect for setting stuff, just not luggage.

For those of you who have stayed in the new rooms… are the beds high enough to slide most suitcases under? We just stayed in a VGF resort studio and loved that we had room to store them under the bed.

For those of you who have stayed in the new rooms… are the beds high enough to slide most suitcases under? We just stayed in a VGF resort studio and loved that we had room to store them under the bed.
Very large suitcase was just a bit too high to fit all the way underneath

Attachments

• IMG_3570.jpeg
    IMG_3570.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3569.jpeg
    IMG_3569.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 30
Yes we did … only staying two night .. maybe the difference … 4029 is our studio …it’s a dedicated studio
I checked into 4029 on Dec 2nd. Loved the location and view. First morning, I didn't get hot water, but when I came back about noon, it was hot. (I did call maintenance to check it out.)

It had an excellent view of Epcot's fireworks and I woke after midnite to a preview of Luminous.

Speaking of chairs - I checked in Sunday - BWV Studio Pool/Garden View. Got a renovated 2nd floor Commons Green view. Might be the first person in this renovated room, they are working on ones near me.

But back to the chair - there is plenty of room for a Real chair across from the couch - I‘m over 8 years old so Not going to sit on one of the tiny ottomans stuffed under the dresser area, and I am not fond of sitting on hotel couches - luckily, patio chair was light enough to bring in to sit on. White lattice actually fits the decor lolView attachment 817467

It looks like this is a dedicated studio. Where you placed the balcony chair is where the connecting door would be in a lockoff. I had a dedicated studio also and from the bed staring at that barren space also made me wonder why no chair?

Finally clicked about the door.

Now, I've stayed in these dedicated studios quite a few times in the last 25 years and they had in some, an actual chair which wasn't in the connecting studios. And, in the first years, the dedicated studios had a white bench with a thin cushion and potentially a small child could sleep on it. This was before the small murphy bed under the TV.

Overall, after looking at the BWV room and staying in it earlier this month, we did get some decent upgrades and I like the room. I ran through a couple of BCV studio videos and I'm reserving my opinion until I stay there in February. It's also one of my home resorts. A cursory look made me think more was changed/upgraded at BWV.

*****There's a brand new tonight youtube of this room type and there's now a chair in it!!! Haha, someone is reading and listening!

*****edit again, the chair was requested by the room's resident.

Last edited:
Enjoyed watching the DVC video today showing the updated room at BWV. Is it horrible? No, but I agree with many others that the refurb, while greatly needed, is very underwhelming. It looks like they rebranded it in a most neutral, uninspired fashion possible. maybe it will look better in person. As a long time owner, we will still stay there and love the location. TBH, we don't spend a lot of time in the room, so a drab refurb is not a deal breaker for us.

I stayed in a renovated Boardwalk view studio from 12/4 to 12/13 and the first thing I did was go down to the front desk to request a real chair :) There is no way I was going to spend 10 days sitting on those backless, low-to-the-ground stools :crazy2:
Screenshot_20231214_225934_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20231214_231606_Gallery.jpgThis is the chair they brought up. Using the lift up table top on the coffee table work out great for eating and working BUT ONLY because I had the real chair :rolleyes1 It is my room that is featured in the DVC Fan video.

I stayed in a renovated Boardwalk view studio from 12/4 to 12/13 and the first thing I did was go down to the front desk to request a real chair :) There is no way I was going to spend 10 days sitting on those backless, low-to-the-ground stools :crazy2:
View attachment 817810View attachment 817811This is the chair they brought up. Using the lift up table top on the coffee table work out great for eating and working BUT ONLY because I had the real chair :rolleyes1 It is my room that is featured in the DVC Fan video.
You're Disboards famous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter