BWV refurb is in full swing.

There were a lot of workers last week when we were there working on the boardwalk side. Could hear grinding/cutting until 8:30 at night. They are for sure trying to get them done quickly. The cake shop on the other hand had no activity everytime we walked by.
We were there for 9 days the end of October. Every single day we would maybe see 2 or 3 workers, or none at all at the cake shop.
No noise at all indicating construction.
We would laugh because usually the “workers” were chatting and smoking. It seems no big rush to get this open. Looking at recent pictures, it looks just as it did when we were there, no progress

We were there for 9 days the end of October. Every single day we would maybe see 2 or 3 workers, or none at all at the cake shop.
We would laugh because usually the “workers” were chatting and smoking. It seems no big rush to get this open. Looking at recent pictures, it looks just as it did when we were there, no progress

I hope it never opens and they go in a different direction.

You know what would go great there? Like a casual dining restaurant and sports bar.
In fairness, Cake Bake Shop's existing locations in the Indy area have real, not-cake menus for lunch and dinner (the Carmel location has a more substantial menu). Both locations take reservations, too. Neither menu seems all that fancy, so it might fulfill the 'casual dining restaurant' part.

...but certainly a different theme than a sports bar. Maybe they'll keep the TVs in the restrooms, though.

Grand Flo’s Garden View Tea Room still has not reopened since it shut in 2020. Cake Bake seems to also have a tea service option in mind. I have a feeling they’re going to both open at pretty much the same time. Sept 2024?

Boardwalk needs a good casual dining sitdown option. A burger place would make sense. You have Trattoria and Flying Fish which are both relatively pricey, and then you have grab and go type options, with little in between. Cake Bake aesthetic just feels too stuffy for the Boardwalk vibe, IMO would be better suited at Grand Floridian, but, obviously that's not what's happening. It will be nice to see the space get used regardless since it's been closed for years at this point.

Boardwalk needs a good casual dining sitdown option. A burger place would make sense. You have Trattoria and Flying Fish which are both relatively pricey, and then you have grab and go type options, with little in between. Cake Bake aesthetic just feels too stuffy for the Boardwalk vibe, IMO would be better suited at Grand Floridian, but, obviously that's not what's happening. It will be nice to see the space get used regardless since it's been closed for years at this point.
Maybe they could do something like a place called Big River Grille.....:scratchin

;)

I actually thought ESPN was a good option. We dined there more than any other place on the Boardwalk. The food was just hit or miss later on.

We were there in August and just got back from Thanksgiving and there seems to be minimal work done in those 3 months. Looks like they put up some wood frames around windows and added some sheathing and did some work with the upper level roof. Seems like they made this a low priority while working on the BW refurbishments.

I'm guessing maybe you might get lucky if you were able to book a standard room at BWV. I tried for late Jan/early Feb right at the 11-month window, and everything was blocked out. The reasons for that seems to be due to the renovations. If that is/was the reason, the logical conclusion would be that the rooms should be done when you plan to be there. Now mind you this is only a guess; I have no way of knowing what will or will not be done when you arrive in April.

I hope you are lucky and get a refurbished room. Whatever happens have a magical trip.
How do you add your picture to the bottom for the BWV?

Here now (just now) in renovated BW view studio …. Lots of work going on with its associated noise but we really like what they have done with the place ….
so you checked in today, and received a BW room? I got a call Tuesday saying the boardwalk view studios were not available for my check in tomorrow. Was I lied to?

Here now (just now) in renovated BW view studio …. Lots of work going on with its associated noise but we really like what they have done with the place ….
You are currently in a renovated Boardwalk view studio :confused: When did you check in and for how many days? That gives me so much hope as I am booked for a 10 day stay in a Boardwalk studio from 12/4 to 12/13 :love:I have been reading reports of people receiving calls from DVC that their reservations for their Boardwalk view rooms have to be moved because the rooms are not completely done :confused3 I have been holding my breath every time my phone rings as I am dreading that call :rolleyes1

You are currently in a renovated Boardwalk view studio :confused: When did you check in and for how many days? That gives me so much hope as I am booked for a 10 day stay in a Boardwalk studio from 12/4 to 12/13 :love:I have been reading reports of people receiving calls from DVC that their reservations for their Boardwalk view rooms have to be moved because the rooms are not completely done :confused3 I have been holding my breath every time my phone rings as I am dreading that call :rolleyes1
Checked in today but just for 2 nights … lots of work still happening

Attachments

• IMG_3537.jpeg
    IMG_3537.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 44
Yes we did … only staying two night .. maybe the difference … 4029 is our studio …it’s a dedicated studio
That number looked familiar lol. We requested that room/area.
0117FCEE-17DB-4D74-A320-272A329EE0CF.jpeg
Enjoy your stay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter