BWV...Just Back

yyzgurl

Mouseketeer
Just back from 7 nights in 2BR @ BWV. It was wonderful and everyone had a marvelous time! Our DS2 had a magical time and is still talking about his "vacation home". Spoodles was great and we loved it so much we ate there four times! We tried so many different restaurants and Spoodles was the only one we didn't have a single complaint or concern about.

We own at SSR but wanted to try BW since everyone raves about it...and rightfully so! However, we did pool hop to SSR and I must say that the pool was enough to convince me to stay there next time! It was SO much easier for a toddler to have fun in the pool with the zero entry, not to mention the Donald splash pad! We didn't have to hang onto him the entire time while at the pool which is what we had to do at the BW pool. At the SSR pool, we were able to strap a life jacket on him and sit back and relax a little bit (while carefully watching him the whole time, of course!). And he loved being able to walk around the pool without us! He played in the pool for 3.5 hours and didn't want to leave. At the BW and Poly pool, he only lasted half an hour or so because we had to hold him (or his hand) the whole time.

Sorry to babble on about the pool but it was like a hidden treasure for us! For those of us who have non-swimming toddlers, the SSR pool is fantastic and I highly recommend at least hopping there to test it out.

Can't wait until our next trip home...

I'm glad you had such a nice time, both at BWV and in SSR's pool area!

Bobbi

Did you have a standard view, preferred view or Boardwalk preferred view? Can you comment on what your view was like and, if it was a Boardwalk view, was it noisy late at night? Thanks!

Sounds like a wonderful trip but do tell us more! :) What room did you have? what was the view? where else did you eat? I have been to Spoodles once for breakfast (yummy!) what did you have there? Details, details please!

yyzgurl said:
At the SSR pool, we were able to strap a life jacket on him and sit back and relax a little bit (while carefully watching him the whole time, of course!). And he loved being able to walk around the pool without us! He played in the pool for 3.5 hours and didn't want to leave. At the BW and Poly pool, he only lasted half an hour or so because we had to hold him (or his hand) the whole time.

Sorry to babble on about the pool but it was like a hidden treasure for us! For those of us who have non-swimming toddlers, the SSR pool is fantastic and I highly recommend at least hopping there to test it out.

Exact reason we are staying at SSR for 10 nights in OCT. I was under the impression that the POLY pool had a zero entry just like SSR? We want to pool hop there in Oct.

poly pool does have zero entry. great pool, we stayed there 2 nights in june '04 before moving to the BWV.

we also loved the SSR pool when we stayed there in may. the toddler slide is fantastic and my 3yr old loved it!

i still love BWV though, still my home and #1 choice.

We were in room 3077 & 3079 standard view. We were overlooking the parking lot but we aren't the type to use our balconey at all. The fireworks were a little noisy but were only bothersome because it coincided with our DS2's sleep time (9:00pm).

Room was clean and spacious. Sofa had lots of stains and cushion covers should be replaced. Othewise, nice unit and we had no real complaints.

Poly has a zero entry but it was just a pain to get there and park just to swim. Also, it was much more crowded that the SSR pool. BTW, DS2 loved the kiddie slide at SSR even though he's a bit of a chicken. He just needed to see his dad go down it a few times first!!

Any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

yyzgurl said:
Any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

So, the clown pool was still open? Any word on when it's closing exactly - and for how long?

We just got back from a 2BR at BWV, too! Our DS(3) loved our "Disney Home" as he calls it and did not want to come back to our real home! Our rooms were 4076 & 4078- facing the clown pool. DS only made it once to the pool, but mainly played on the playset that is located by it. He LOVED Typhoon Lagoon's Katchakiddee Kreek, though. Don't mean to take oer, but just thought it was neat that we were both there. Glad y'all had a great time!

Yup, the clown pool and Keister Coaster were in working order. I didn't know they were planning on closing it for refurbishment.

We took the boat over the Beach Club and walked around Storm-Along Bay. It was nice but not for DS2 right now. I'm sure he'll love it when he's older.

yyzgurl said:
Yup, the clown pool and Keister Coaster were in working order. I didn't know they were planning on closing it for refurbishment.

Oops - that's what I meant... the slide, not the pool. I'm sure I read somewhere that it's closing sometime this month, but I don't remember the dates or where I read it. Thanks anyway.

Yes, we ate at Spoodles for breakfast. They have an all-you-can eat breakfast platter for 11.99. It includes eggs, bacon, sausage, french toast, and hash brown. They serve it to you so you just need to ask them for more food when you want it. My DH always got the platter because he loves breakfast.

DS2 and myself would share a waffle plate. The adult portion comes with 4 waffles. The child's portion comes with 2, but includes a bowl of fruit.

It's a nice place to sit down and have a good start to the day. And the servers were SO friendly and were super nice to DS2. They played games and sang songs with him!

We're staying at BWV's in November for the first time and are really looking forward to it. Can't wait to try restaurants on the boardwalk. We've only been to the bakery. Spoodles sound good. I'm sure my DH will want to eat at ESPN especially since we are staying right there.

Thanks for the info and review of BWV's. SSR is our home and that is the only DVC we've stayed at up until now.

Missy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter