• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV heavily discounted by Disney. Direct or Resale?

PolyNeverGirl

Earned 2 ears
I am considering buying BWV to add to my Polynesian contract I purchased directly from Disney in 2016. Just saw that Disney is discounting $37 per point for 200+ points contract. But it's still about 30 or 40 bucks higher than resale market price. I am still new to DVC resale so I am wondering if there is ANY benefits to buy direct from Disney given that I already hold a direct contract from them? Thank you!

The only benefit is the timeliness of the transaction (and the ability to use them at Riviera or any future DVC properties). You'll have your points loaded right away and they won't be stripped. With a resale contact you may be purchasing a contract that lacks points and it takes a few months to close. It really just depends if you need those points right away to book a trip or if you can wait for a resale to close.

If you just love BWV and aren't scared of the 2042 end date, the only real benefits are that you get your points immediately and you can choose your UY (if you want it to be different from your Poly UY).

Edit: @MasonDuo makes a good point about being able to book Riviera if you are interested in staying at that resort.

The other benefit could be the ability to put on a CC and not have to pay for it for at least 6 months if you have a Disney Visa.

But, the biggest aspect is that all your points will be unrestricted to use at RIV and other resorts in the future. I had both unrestricted and restricted points for about a year and seeing that we enjoy RIV, I found it frustrating to not be able to use all the points that were available, so we sold.

So, if that is something you see wanting, and the Poly points won't be enough to cove a stay, it could be worth the extra money to buy direct...not to mention how quickly you will have your points!!!

IF the delta is only 30 USD I would seriously consider a direct purchase. Additional points + blue card + access to Riviera and new resort justify the price delta for me

I wonder at what point will 90%+ shy away because it expires 2042? Not until we get closer to 2030???

Thx everyone for your insights. Given how heavily we use Disney, I am not too worried about resale value. We will recoup the cost in matter of a few years. I also suffered enough trying to scrape points and hunting for rental. Paid Disney rack rates a couple of times last min and that was painful. So for psychological reason, I am just going to buy BWV since it’s our fav with walking ability to two parks. Given all of your valuable insights, we decided to buy direct. Thx all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter