• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV Construction Updates?

DVC4US

DVC Member Since 1998
Any updates on the construction going on at BWV? I am due to check-in there tomorrow and received an email from Disney regarding ongoing construction and I've been reading a lot of chatter about it on the Resorts board. I had to deal with this last October and thought this stuff was suppose to be done. Reports are they are doing plumbing work - so have they gone back to do additional work?

I checked in today and LOVE IT! I had no idea they were remodeling. It is beautiful! The old décor was so dated and yucky. It is so clean and fresh (sounds stupid since it is all new). I saw an imaginear in the elevator today. He said they are in the final push. Should be done in a week. Let me see if I can upload my bad pictures.

looks like any other hotel groups rooms. Absolutely no Disney theming at all, very generic. I guess we just have to live with it.
Sorry Disney but you started to lose us when you cut back on the flower power concerts years ago.

Thanks for the pictures. This is the renovation that's been going on now for about 1 1/2 years and was supposed to be done this past spring. I'm curious about the bathrooms though - is that new to the renovations? Are they going back through the rooms to re-do the bathrooms? Most people are reporting that the CM's saying the noise you might hear is because they are working on the plumbing and it could get pretty loud. Surprised I'm not seeing anything about it here on the DVC boards.

Looking at the pictures, aren't those from BCV? I hadn't seen reports that the whirlpool tubs wer also being removed from BWV and the table/chairs in the 1BR wer being replaced with a bench.

I checked in today and LOVE IT! I had no idea they were remodeling. It is beautiful! The old décor was so dated and yucky. It is so clean and fresh (sounds stupid since it is all new). I saw an imaginear in the elevator today. He said they are in the final push. Should be done in a week. Let me see if I can upload my bad pictures.

Are you at Beach Club? The original poster was asking about Boardwalk.

Looking at the pictures, aren't those from BCV? I hadn't seen reports that the whirlpool tubs wer also being removed from BWV and the table/chairs in the 1BR wer being replaced with a bench.

Are you at Beach Club? The original poster was asking about Boardwalk.

Thanks guys. I thought those pictures looked different from the remodeled rooms I had seen at the Boardwalk. We weren't in a renovated room in Oct and I thought I read they weren't doing anything with the bathrooms.

Do either one of you know anything about plumbing work going on at Boardwalk right now?

So the refurbs are so generic that we don't know if we are looking at pictures of BWV or BCV!

:earsboy: Bill

Guess I will find out tomorrow. I will post here what I find out.

Any updates on the construction going on at BWV? I am due to check-in there tomorrow and received an email from Disney regarding ongoing construction and I've been reading a lot of chatter about it on the Resorts board. I had to deal with this last October and thought this stuff was suppose to be done. Reports are they are doing plumbing work - so have they gone back to do additional work?

The rooms have been done for several months. I thought any remaining work was on the outside of the buildings.

The rooms have been done for several months. I thought any remaining work was on the outside of the buildings.

That's what I thought too but people have been reporting that CMs are telling them they are working on the plumbing.

•Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment.

•You will also notice Cast Members conducting routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance throughout the Resort.

I knew they were doing the painting and balcony work, just interested in what they might be still doing in the Villas. I will find out in about 7 hours!

Okay just checked in and front desk CM said they only thing they know about is construction at the quiet pool and it was not open. Got to my room which overlooks the quiet pool and no construction and people are swimming in it. So I guess we will see what the next couple of days are like. Lol

Okay just checked in and front desk CM said they only thing they know about is construction at the quiet pool and it was not open. Got to my room which overlooks the quiet pool and no construction and people are swimming in it. So I guess we will see what the next couple of days are like. Lol

Perhaps it's the Inn quiet pool?

we're there in September and got the same email, interested to know what else you report as we were expecting it to all be finished and hopefully there won't be too much disruption.

Just arrived today but really haven't noticed anything. I will let you know how the next couple of days go.

Hope it's not the quiet pool. I arrive next Wednesday and love the quiet pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter