BWV Coffee pots

Goofy4

DIS Veteran
Having our first trip to BWV in October. Will be staying as DVC guests.

Recently called to find out type of coffee makers at BWV so we can bring our own filters and coffee. (Planning on sending a box of items down early so we didn't have to pack as much)

I was informed that the coffee makers are "special" and will only use the coffee/filter combo (The type where you drop the whole thing into the basket and hit the start button).

It was my understanding they were typical 12 cup coffee makers. I didn't want to have to buy 100 filters and find out they were the wrong size.

The CM which took the call told me I just needed to keep calling housekeeping to get more coffe packs if I wanted them. I didn't want to be charged everytime I requested coffee, plus I like drinking my own brand.

Family won't like me to much if I don't get to have coffee pirate:

My family thanks you for your help :love2:

Hi Goofy4,

We just came back from a studio at BWV and there was nothing special about the coffee maker we had. It was a standard 10 cup coffee maker (with a 12 cup coffee pot, go figure!) and we used our own filters and coffee just fine.

Maybe other rooms are different, but ours was the standard coffee maker.

Thanks for your help. :drinking1

Is it the basket style?

I guess I just assumed that it would bge, not the type which is wide at the top, and narrows at the base.

Goofy4 said:
Thanks for your help. :drinking1

Is it the basket style?

I guess I just assumed that it would bge, not the type which is wide at the top, and narrows at the base.
Yes, they are the basket type (not cone). I bring my own coffee and filters from home (don't like the disney-provided stuff much).

Whoever told you they only take the combo packs didn't know what they were talking about! Maybe they meant that the combo packs are the only thing housekeeping has.

best wishe s-

Sadly, I think you were right about not knowing what they are talking about.

I specifically had asked about bringing filters, and the CM was insistant, but nice, that I had to use what they had.

Thanks for the input

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter