• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV and Sweet Treats Gingerbread in lobby

What do you think of the Boardwalk Sweet Treats stand?

• I say it's OK and stay

• I say it's ugly and they need to bring back the old decorations

• Doesn't bother me either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RAD

DIS Veteran
It's been a number of years since we've been to WDW during the Christmas holiday season but are going next week. I was looking over at AllEars and they had a topic "Sweet Treats Gingerbread House Boardwalk", so I'm thinking cool, we're getting a gingerbread house like the GF has, and start watching the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHzC95k089Q&feature=youtu.be.

To my displeasure it's not a gingerbread house but more of a gingerbread kiosk, it looks like a stand they took from Food and Wine fest and slapped some gingerbeard on the sides, very disappointed. To me it screams we didn't find enough ways to take your money in the parks so here's one last chance. Just wondering what others think.

No matter the styling, aren't they all really just a sales kiosk?

I think the look they are going for is an early 1900s Boardwalk Theme, and a Gingerbread House doesn't fit that theme nearly as well as a stylized Boardwalk bakery type thing. So it fits the theme of the resort better than a house.

After seeing the video, I'm going to have to dig through my Grandma's old recipes and make some of her wonderful gingerbread for Christmas.

I guess I'm more upset that they took away the displays that they used to have. I have some pictures of a small cottage display with Micky and Minnie in front of a gingerbread cottage with a small train in it. To me that's preferred when what's there now.

I don't have a problem with the kiosk - the last few times we were there during the Holiday season, they've had one. But they also had some type of display made of chocolate and other edibles.

If that's not part of the BWV decorations this year, you can color me disappointed, too.

All I could think about while watching is I WISH I WAS THERE!!!!:badpc: Not really about missing Donald getting stuck in the fireplace.

Oh how I love the Boardwalk. :goodvibes I own at BWV and SSR, but my heart is totally there.

Ba Humbug. Last year there was a kiosk to buy treats but there was also a display. I liked that much better. Boo to whoever decided to go strictly the merchandising route. :(

Disney getting greedy again. Don't spend money unless we make money.

The old decorations didn't generate revenue so off with it's head.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm usually very sentimental. So I'm surprised with myself. But I don't think I ever really loved the BWV display.

But that booth looks like a clunk sitting there - want to see it in person.

:rotfl2: Oh that figures. We've never stayed at BWV during the Christmas season and have heard so much about the decorations. So we're there for a few nights this year. So we get a store in the middle of the lobby.

:rotfl2: Oh that figures. We've never stayed at BWV during the Christmas season and have heard so much about the decorations. So we're there for a few nights this year. So we get a store in the middle of the lobby.

At least the lovely garland is still there, for now anyway. It is way prettier than the video shows.

Ba Humbug. Last year there was a kiosk to buy treats but there was also a display. I liked that much better. Boo to whoever decided to go strictly the merchandising route. :(

I think the new kiosk is more tastefully done and blends in better with the tree and garland. I think the above display looks thrown together. Tacky and garish. Different strokes...

I think the new kiosk is more tastefully done and blends in better with the tree and garland. I think the above display looks thrown together. Tacky and garish. Different strokes...

Yup. Guilty as charged. When it comes to Christmas decorations I admit that "tasteful" is not in my vocabulary! ;)

I liked the old, but like the new, too. The old seems too busy for me now. The BW's lobby had always been a " must see" for us at Christmastime. I still feel the same way, I think it is gorgeous!

Bobbi:goodvibes

I'm fine with the idea of a gingerbread kiosk, but it looks rather sterile. I think they should have dressed it up a bit, maybe like the Christmas markets in Europe, where they hang the decorated gingerbread from the rafters. Imagine what they could have done with Mickey ears gingerbreads!

We just got home from BWV yesterday. I thought that the kiosk was fine...cute even. DH had the same thoughts as the OP...looked like Disney cheaped out, was just looking to merchandise more, etc. Didn't bother me at all though. Yes, some of it was a wooden stand, but it looked fine to me:confused3

What?? We have stayed several times during the Christmas season at BWV and have always enjoyed that year's gingerbread display and finding all the hidden Mickey's they put in it. Do not like just the selling kiosk. :(

Dis BC/YC also change into selling kiosks too? They also had nice displays that we would go look at.

What?? We have stayed several times during the Christmas season at BWV and have always enjoyed that year's gingerbread display and finding all the hidden Mickey's they put in it. Do not like just the selling kiosk. :(

Dis BC/YC also change into selling kiosks too? They also had nice displays that we would go look at.

If you looked at the whole video, you would have seen they do still have hidden Mickeys.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter