BWV and OKW next week!!!

annekreel

DVC Since 2010
We are flying to Disney next week and are staying 2 nights in a BWV Studio and then 6 nights in a 2BR at OKW. I find eating out all the time tiresome. We are ordering groceries from Walmart (a small order to get us through the 2 nights and a bigger order for the six nights). I am thinking of buying a crockpot to use so I don't have to think about meal prep when we return late in the day.

Who has used a crock pot while staying in the villas? Did you use it often? Am I crazy for considering it?

We are flying to Disney next week and are staying 2 nights in a BWV Studio and then 6 nights in a 2BR at OKW. I find eating out all the time tiresome. We are ordering groceries from Walmart (a small order to get us through the 2 nights and a bigger order for the six nights). I am thinking of buying a crockpot to use so I don't have to think about meal prep when we return late in the day.

Who has used a crock pot while staying in the villas? Did you use it often? Am I crazy for considering it?

What a nice trip you have coming up! :dogdance: OKW is my home resort and we still love it! The 2 bedrooms are LARGE!

Crock Pot? I have considered it many times, but more for a traditional TS we own that is not in the continental U.S. so we stay longer when there. I know you can get a slow cooker super cheap & would surely be easy to use, and it would be nice to have the villa smell like a lovely dinner when you get back from your day's activities! I say go for it if you don't really like going out to eat. :cutie:

OKW two bedroom units are wonderful! We recently returned from one. Have a blast!

We eat a fair amount in our room too, but I’ve never tried a crockpot, but we fly, so it’s probably not an alternative. It always takes me a few days to get used to using the electric range. We have gas at home and I much prefer that.

I have considered it but never actually done it. But then our touring style is a bit different. We do breakfast in our rooms then the parks. We come back to our rooms in the afternoon for a swim. So we either bring our lunches with us or make them in the room depending on the time we are planning to get back. Dinner out with park time at night.

We do eat out quite often--i just want to reduce the number of times we go and the amount we spend. The cost is only about $10--we are placing a grocery order from WalMart and can get a crock pot with the order for $10. I'm just afraid it will feel a little too much like being at home when sometimes i want to escape it, you know?

We have a last minute trip coming up next week also, 2 nights in a 2 br at BCV followed by 3 nights in a 2 BR at OKW. This will be our first time at OKW and my grandkids first stay at both of these resorts. They are looking forward to the pool at BCV and the boat ride to Disney Springs from OKW. DH and I are just happy to be going to WDW!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter