• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

BWV and breakfast

PrincessRileysMom

Mouseketeer
Hi all, renting BWV points for the first time. A preferred view studio.
Our morning routine has always been, I run to the QS to grab breakfast while DH showers, come back and we all eat. Now I know we have a mini kitchen, but I have picky eaters. DH must have eggs. DD must have Mickey waffles.

It sounds like a haul considering the lack of a true QS in the building. I can do the bakery for the adult breakfast. I've heard it suggested to go to Trattoria al Forno and mobile order but who has time for that and it opens so late for rope dropping. Is it about the same distance to walk over to BC and get waffles?

What is that early AM breakfast rush like, how much time will I need? And location wise, how far am I expected to haul? Any tips as to what location to request?
Thanks!

You'll need to go to Beach Club to get most of those items. They do have a breakfast sandwich and Mickey Waffles and Bacon at the Boardwalk Bakery but not any proper breakfast plates. Trattoria is delicious but much more expensive than QS. I usually suck it up and eat the breakfast sandwich when we stay there. The kids suffer the most as they like eggs and bacon.

You'll have to go to BC, which is a haul. I was just at Boardwalk Bakery, and no waffles. Trattatoria didn't have mobile order, for breakfast at least. This was marathon weekend, so maybe that matters.

I have a Mickey waffle iron and some pancake mix in my owner's locker. That's an option.

Hi! I'm assuming your preferred view is likely pool/garden since it doesn't specifically say Boardwalk view. In that case I would request Luna Park pool view upper floor. We are pool people though and like to look out over the pool and to be close since we go so often. You could put in other requests such as near elevator to avoid the long hallways or village green view and those sometimes get a partial view of the Boardwalk and crescent lake. As far as the breakfast, Beach club is really your only option for what you want. It's a pretty far walk holding a bunch of breakfasts. We typically just grab food at the bakery. The line is pretty quick and we just get a breakfast sandwich for my husband, croissant and bacon for oldest daughter, and the youngest and I share a cupcake since it's vacation lol.

Getting QS is not easy at the Boardwalk. Id give yourself at least 30 minutes to get there and back and then add time for the order.

If you can Mobile order that will help a lot! Be sure you also have an umbrella or poncho ready in case you run into rain as it’s all outside to get to either of those places.

Is Yacht Club just as close for you? Their QS, the Market at Ale and Compass, is great. When I stayed at BCV, I used to often go there rather than BC Marketplace, because they had a bigger selection.

How about a grocery delivery with frozen breakfast sandwiches and Mickey waffles. You’ll have a micro and toaster. You can make eggs in the micro...there are lots of cooking sites that can instruct you. If husband wants a real breakfast have him wait until you get to a park and mobile order something. You will be wasting precious time running around gathering breakfast. You’ll want to take advantage of early entry. The Screen Door might havevthise items too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter