• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV 2BR at 7 months (end of January)

♥ Mandi ♥

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. Looking for some advice regarding booking BWV at 7 mos for the last week of January 2025.

Has anyone had luck scoring this? I know a garden/pool view is most likely after viewing the DVC Field Guide chart - it looks like historically we’d likely get 5 of the 7 nights, and I’m hoping if that were the case a waitlist would come through for the remainder.

We own at VGF but prefer the Epcot resorts and only have 150 points, so will be banking a few 2023 and borrowing from 2025 for the remainder.

This will be our first time booking as DVC members - member services booked our Welcome Home visit that we just returned from last night (split stay RIV/BWV).

January is in the second-lowest points cost season of the year because it’s less in demand, and the weeks after MLK weekend are probably the least in demand of the entire month. So I’d think your chances at 7 months are very good, especially if you’re online and ready to click Check Availability at 8 AM Eastern on the dot. If you don’t get it, be sure to book what you can and waitlist the rest, because it will probably come through.
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

The problem with BWV is that all 2 bedrooms are lockoffs. This means you’re competing with everyone who wants a Studio at BWV, which is a lot of DVC members.

We’ve successfully booked a dedicated 2 bedroom at the much smaller BCV at times when there were no 2 bedrooms available at BWV.

You might get lucky with a pool/garden view, but have almost no chance for a standard view or Boardwalk view.

Also my experience with the Field Guide chart is that if it shows 5 of 7 for the dates you want, chances of getting that particular room at 7 months are not good.

Looking at the Field Guide, I see a 7 at 7 months for August (probably the easiest month to book a DVC) but, as you note, only a 5 for late January.

DVC members tend to battle with each other for the least expensive months (January, May, September, and early December). Many are trying to stretch their points as far as they can.

For example, recently I was trying to book an AKV Jambo House Standard View for early December at 11 months. The Field Guide lists this as a 7, but I had to try multiple days at 8 am before I could get one.

As the Field Guide notes, Covid impacted their numbers. At one point, I was booking BCV Studios on short notice during Covid.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter