BWV 1 BR standard view - tell me about BWV

DVCcurious

DIS Veteran
We got a BWV standard view 1BR for next January. I was surprised it was open at the 7 month mark. The points are just so low I had to go ahead and book it. We've never stayed at BWV because, frankly, the clown freaks me out. But since it's January I can avoid the pool.

I think the Boardwalk would be cool to walk around on. I've heard negatives about bus service and long hallways. What else do I need to know about BWV?

We aren't big on EPCOT but we like HS. However most of our time will be at MK (70% of our park time will probably be at MK). We'll probably do the Princess Lunch at Askursus for our 4 year old daughter since BWV is so close to the world showcase. Other than that we won't go to EPCOT at all.

We love BWV std because the points are low but we also love Epcot and spend a great deal of time there. If I were planning a trip that was 70 percent MK time, personally I'd book an MK resort (BLT or VWL). If if were just the low points calling me, I'd also look at OKW (huge villas) or AKV (the values are as low as BWV std).

As far as BWV, you can walk to DHS but it is a LONG walk (close to a mile), even if you are on the end of the resort closest to there. There are really long hallways, yes, so factor that into your walking. The boat service is nice but it's a pretty long ride. If we took the buses, we'd get off at the Swan & Dolphin. BWV is right across the bridge from those hotels and that cuts your time down not having to drop off at other resorts.

The views aren't great (at least the one we had wasn't). We had a 1BR overlooking the BW entrance. But you couldn't see the actual entrance for the trees. They block any view we might have had. If you are farther away from the entrance, you may get a better view. But then you are also farther from the elevators. There is only one bank of elevators for the resort (which is why people complain of the long hallways!).

We loved BWV though.

We actually had a great standard view list past may. If you looked straight ahead you saw the waterway and to the left was the entry. I actually didn't think the walk was long to DHS or Epcot. Our 4 year old LOVED Epcot! You may be surprised that your little one will love it too.

Love BWV !! Did not find the hallways too long. The bus rides are long but like OP said, getting off @ Swan or Dolphin will reduce your trip & all good. Liked the pool. Stayed in a standard studio. View was of fountain in front. Nothing glamorous but view is not huge for me as we don't spend much time on balcony. Easy to keep track of your kids there. Quiet pool & community hall nearby. Lots of dining options. Nightly entertainment for adults or kids. Beautiful views from the BW. Could check out Illuminations show even if not big Epcot fans. Bus ride is only complaint but totally can deal with that. Very relaxing hotel that just makes me smile!

The room locations are of the entrance of the resort, the parking lot, and the DME bus and valet area. Posters have reported that staying close to the lobby is noisy due to the buses and deliveries.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm looking to book a 1bed stand.
When it says sleeps 4 but can accommodate 5 but must provide own bedding.
Does that mean a sleeper chair and we bring the sheets?
Or do they mean they'll give you 5 keys and if someone sleeps on the floor it up to you.?

Or do they mean they'll give you 5 keys and if someone sleeps on the floor it up to you.?

No sleeper chairs at BWV so providing the bedding also means providing the bed. ::yes:: I've heard of some bringing an air matress. Or if it's a younger child I've seen people mention placing the sleeper sofa cushions on the floor for them.

We got a BWV standard view 1BR for next January. I was surprised it was open at the 7 month mark. The points are just so low I had to go ahead and book it. We've never stayed at BWV because, frankly, the clown freaks me out. But since it's January I can avoid the pool.

I think the Boardwalk would be cool to walk around on. I've heard negatives about bus service and long hallways. What else do I need to know about BWV?

We aren't big on EPCOT but we like HS. However most of our time will be at MK (70% of our park time will probably be at MK). We'll probably do the Princess Lunch at Askursus for our 4 year old daughter since BWV is so close to the world showcase. Other than that we won't go to EPCOT at all.
I love BWV!! It's my home resort. And I love the standard views!! Yes, the villas that are close to ground level and near the entry way can be noisy. DME unloads their trucks there!! But in all reality?? I've had some noisy stays over the boardwalk with the utility carts running early morning!!! I've had a ground floor one bedroom that was incredible. I exited my room, turned left and walked right out the door to the path leading to the bus stop! So nice. There was a door to the pool about 3 doors down from me as well. I've had top floor studios..but seldom was able to see the fireworks due to the trees right in front of me!!!
The walks can be longish, but they aren't as bad as some seem to think. The buses can be bothersome. You do share buses with the Swan and Dolphin, and sometimes the YC/BC. That can make for longish ride times. But if you plan accordingly, you'll be fine. As far as DHS goes? If you do end up with one of those long hallway walks, it probably will give you a shorter walk to DHS!!! I have found many alternative exits, using stairways, at BW!! The walk to DHS takes under 20 mins and is quite pleasant. Or, you can use the boat.

We stayed in a one bedroom with myself, dh, and two dd's..ages 35 and 17 at the time. The girls didn't really want to share a bed so we brought our twin sized Aero bed. It has a pump built in that you just plug in and it inflates!! Really helpful. Youngest dd slept on that. We brought sheets for her...there was an extra blanket in the closet. We put it beneath the breakfast bar area...just moved the chairs out of the way. Worked great. We put the Aero bed, sheets and other stuff in a large duffle bag and checked it. Worked great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter