• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV 1 bedroom

Melani

"keep moving forward"
After 7 stars in studios, we have booked our first 1 bedroom.
A few questions:

1) I saw mixing bowls , but no pots or pans on the youtube videos;are there saucepans, fry pans and baking sheets?

2) Can you fit an air mattress or turn the chair into a sleeper; the DS's don't like spooning.

3) Is dishwasher detergent provided?

4) Are the electrical outlets on the dining side of the bar?

5) Does the connecting bathroom door lock from the toilet side only?

6) Where do you hang wet bathing suits?

7) Will there be enough water for a REALLY hot bath?

Thank you,
I know this is all trivial stuff, but it gives me something to do till our trip gets here in 50 days.

After 7 stars in studios, we have booked our first 1 bedroom.
A few questions:

1) I saw mixing bowls , but no pots or pans on the youtube videos;are there saucepans, fry pans and baking sheets?

2) Can you fit an air mattress or turn the chair into a sleeper; the DS's don't like spooning.

3) Is dishwasher detergent provided?

5) Does the connecting bathroom door lock from the toilet side only?

6) Where do you hang wet bathing suits?

7) Will there be enough water for a REALLY hot bath?

Thank you,
I know this is all trivial stuff, but it gives me something to do till our trip gets here in 50 days.

1) I can't remember specifically (don't cook) but found this: http://allears.net/acc/dvc12bvamenities.htm

2) You can fit a twin air mattress, we put it between the king and the balcony door. The chair does not turn into a sleeper.

3) Yes

4) Not sure

5) Both doors lock

6) Didn't swim

7) Didn't try but never had a hot water problem.

Here are some pictures:

http://allears.net/acc/g_bwv_one_bedroom.htm

#1 there should be 1 big pan and 1 small pan. Baking sheets are harder to come by. Some have them, some don't. All the ones we've stayed at have a brownie type pan. So there's something else you can bake on.

#4, outlets are facing the sink. I remember this because I don't like plugging my cell phone charger so close to the kitchen sink. There's one in the corner for the coffee maker that is very close to the dining bar.

#6 I think there's a clothing line in the shower..or tub. We usually just throw it in the dryer.

#6 You will have a washer and dryer in the unit. Just put the swim suites in the dryer

Thank you for the link.
On another AllEars page I found this:

Broiler Pan in Oven

Cookware Set in Oven Lower Drawer
--1 small skillet
--1 medium skillet
--1 small pan with lid
--1 6 qt. pot with lid

I got a chuckle out of this - "In Kitchen Drawers: Pancake Turner " aka spatulla

Be aware that, over the years, things may have migrated or gotten broken and not been replaced. (A family in three different rooms might get together and bake in one, for example, and forget to separate everything and put it all back in the proper rooms. Or someone might feel guilty about destroying a pan somehow and hide it in the trash.) I don't think housekeeping goes through each and every time to make sure all of the pieces that are 'supposed' to be there actually are. You can call housekeeping and ask for something, especially if it's 'supposed' to be in the room and isn't. I know we asked once for a hand mixer and had no problems getting it and I'm sure that's not on the standard list of what's in the kitchen.

In other words, if you get there and they don't have what you want, don't freak out. ;)

I do tend to go through the kitchen shortly after I get in the room to make sure it has everything I expect to want. Giving housekeeping time to get the stuff I want seems to be a better option than starting to cook and fuming while I wait to get something delivered. :rotfl:

BWV is one of the oldest DVC resorts. It was built before we all had so many electronic gadgets. We find there are never enough accessible outlets in a BWV 1BR. We have a couple of outlet strips and multi-taps in our owners locker that come in very handy for our stays at BWV.

you can hang wet bathing suits over the towel rack, tub side, and/or use hangers (clip ones are perfect for "bottoms") in the bathroom. i know studios have a pullout clothesline over the tub, but i can't recall if there is one in a 1bdrm:scratchin. (i wouldn't recommend putting bathing suits in a clothes dryer).

we've easily fit an air mattress in front of the LR balcony door. since it (aerobed) inflated and deflated within seconds, DS would just inflate/deflate as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter