BWV 1 Bdrm Occupancy

DisneyDeb83

Mouseketeer
Wondering how many people can stay in a one bedroom. Looking online shows capacity at 4, but I thought all 1 BR can accommodate 5 people. One site stated that they fit 4-5, but that bedding is not provided for the 5th person. This doesn’t sound right to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wondering how many people can stay in a one bedroom. Looking online shows capacity at 4, but I thought all 1 BR can accommodate 5 people. One site stated that they fit 4-5, but that bedding is not provided for the 5th person. This doesn’t sound right to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
BWV 1BR have enough sleep surfaces to accommodate 4 people. DVC members can book a 5th person in the villa but additional linens are not provided and unless you bring an air mattress (or they're under age 3) they're sleeping on the hard floor.

We did 5 several times in a 1BR. You can make it work with young kids. we had a toddler sleep in master closet.

I asked this question on the Disney website thru chat was told you can ask for a blow up mattress at front desk. I was wondering if anyone has done this?

I asked this question on the Disney website thru chat was told you can ask for a blow up mattress at front desk. I was wondering if anyone has done this?
This is incorrect. DVC does not provide these.

Housekeeping occasionally have them from prior guests but they are not guaranteed and Disney will not provide linens for them.

The chat can be monitored by rather untrained staff.

Order a blow-up mattress from Amazon or you can rent a regular mattress (roll-away)

This was cited in another thread about the topic:

https://otterequipment.com/product/rollaway-bed-rental-orlando/
https://www.travelingbaby.com/orlando-florida/rollaway-bed-rental.html
Yes, they don't provide extra linens, but is it difficult to get an extra blanket and an extra flat (not fitted) sheet? Each of us in our room usually likes to have their own flat sheet to use (we don't share when we share a bed) but we also don't reach maximum occupancy...although, we are also known to bring our own linens to use

You do have to watch what is posted, esp when it comes to pre-covid. I kept reading people could get air mattresses and foam (egg crate) mattress topper for sofa bed. At HH and BWV housekeeping acted like I lost my mind when we inquired. We actually called 2 different times because we thought maybe the first person we talked to was confused. Esp. Bwv we were told no, they do not have these things. I’m thinking with covid they don’t keep stuff that is left behind anymore and that’s what was loaned out prior years. We are taking our own foam topper from now on when we drive. The sleep sofas at Bwv and HH suck, esp when you have a 2 bedroom (Bwv) and you have 2 sleep sofas.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. Problem solved, for an extra 15 points over what our BW 1 bdrm was, we changed to a two bedroom at OKW. Not my favorite location, as I was so looking forward to staying at BW again, but we do love the space the OKW gives us. Didn’t want to be dragging an air mattress on the plane, and didn’t think it was fair to have DD’s friend sleeping on the floor.

This is incorrect. DVC does not provide these.

Housekeeping occasionally have them from prior guests but they are not guaranteed and Disney will not provide linens for them.

The chat can be monitored by rather untrained staff.
Thanks! I thought it was strange but that is what he said. They really need to properly train all staff including those people n chat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter