BWPPI & Portofino

mickey4ver

It All Started with a Mouse!
Ok, location, location, location.... ;) I know from research that the Portofino is a little farther walking distance away from the parks than the BWPPI. As I've mentioned numerous times (and thanks everyone who has given me an opinion :) ) I need a suite type room as there are 6 of us, which is reasonable in price this trip. I have a ressie at both these places that are competitive with each other, with the Portofino actually a little less (w/no breakfast though). For those in the know, if you had your druthers, which of the 2 would you pick? I'm really becoming a tad too obsessed with all this, but I can't seem to help myself........ :teeth:

Also, I see a Homewood Suites, but it seems to be quite a distance away, any comments?

As always, thanks :flower:

I've never stayed at Portofino, so I can't comment on it. But, we've stayed at BWPPI many times. As you said, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. If my memory serves me, Portofino is just down a short way from PPI. If you're split on your decision, and favoring PPI because of the breakfast, consider this. The Continental breakfast that they have is BORING and gets old very quick. You do have the option of going downstairs for the pancakes, but that restaurant is ALWAYS VERY, VERY, VERY SLOW in their service, and you'll lose a lot of time waiting. You also have to pay for everything else other than the pancakes (juice, coffee, etc). IMHO, we just skipped both options and opted to grab something good at either LaBrea Bakery in DTD or at Main Street Bakery.

If you have any more questions on BWPP, ask away. ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Thanks so much for your input...I've actually had a good deal of positive input from some other threads concerning the BWPPI....I think what rather sold me on maybe going with the Portofino is the room appears to be a bit larger...not that we will be spending that much time in there, but we are 4 adults and 2 little ones, so it can get hectic quick.. ;) :flower:

I appreciate the post and will surely take into consideration what you told me. I know those so called free breakfasts are mostly lightweight and for me personally, I'm not that bothered, but those guys always seem to wake up hungry....and seems the restaurant that is tied to Portofino has kids eating free with a paying adult, so that would work too! I think my main concern was how much further we would have to trek by foot staying at the Portofino. I did talk to the ressie guy and he said you can cross through the parking lot and catch a tram, which would be fine.

Thanks so much...I appreciate your taking the time to post.. :flower:

BWPPI has a lot of repeat visitors, so I think that is a good indication that it is a good place to stay. For my own tastes, I think the pool is tiny, but so is the one @ Portofino Inn & Suites.

I would recommend BWPPI over Portofino Suites - it's the closest non-Disney hotel to the parks' entrances, and though the continental breakfast may not be much, at least you'll have some sustenance before hitting the parks.

BWPPI is probably a 5 minute walk, while PI&S is at least 15-20 minute walk, or wait for the ART -- you'd be in your beds at BWPPI by the time you arrived at PI&S... just something to consider.

Thanks Mary Jo............see , this is exactly what has me flip-flopping all over the place.....everyone saying good things about each place I'm considering....I may just go with my initial pick the BWPPI mostly for the "closeness" of it...the kids can bring the little ones back for a nap if necessary and not have a long walk to do so and meet up with us if we choose to not go back to the room.

Again, thanks so much for the input...........now to try and decide on a character breakfast...........we've done Goofy's Kitchen and loved it, but are opting to try something different I think. More decisions... ;) :rolleyes1

Here is a link to the DLR area hotels. I know that the Candy Cane is marginal for walking, IMHO, and Portofino is significantly farther! So, you would be dependant on trams/shuttles, which I (personally) despise! I like the come/go freedom that isn't tied to someone else...

Anyway, here's the link: http://geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Yes, I'm not wanting anything to do with riding trams or shuttles...thanks for the map..........very informative.

mickey4ver said:
Yes, I'm not wanting anything to do with riding trams or shuttles...thanks for the map..........very informative.

I know that after walking around, especially in the hot sun, my 2 young boys would not be up for anything other than a quick exit out of the parks. If it were just DH and myself, we'd probably stay elsewhere, still within walking distance but maybe someplace with a jacuzzi tub inside the room. :love2:

For me, it's the same reason why I park in short term parking at the airport when I have to fly - as soon as I get off the plane, I just want to get in my car and go home! :moped:

Good luck with whatever you decide! No matter what, you'll still be at Disneyland, right?!? :cool1:

CindyH said:
Good luck with whatever you decide! No matter what, you'll still be at Disneyland, right?!? :cool1:

Precisely!!! :cool1: and after its all said and done, I'll wonder why I obsessed so much over it............ ;)

mickey4ver said:
Precisely!!! :cool1: and after its all said and done, I'll wonder why I obsessed so much over it............ ;)

It's why we're all on these boards (other than us all loving Disneyland) - we all love to PLAN! You know the saying "getting there is half the fun"? For us, it's PLANNING that's half the fun! :rotfl:

CindyH said:
It's why we're all on these boards (other than us all loving Disneyland) - we all love to PLAN! You know the saying "getting there is half the fun"? For us, it's PLANNING that's half the fun! :rotfl:

So true Cindy............and what makes it bad, is, that I know WDW like the back of my hand and have NO trouble making decisions when going there....but for CA, we've been twice and I have an inkling what I want, but it still is rather new to me.............but I agree, planning is fun and the end result is always worth the grief I put myself through... :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter