BWI Garden Suites

MOMTOMOOTOO

<font color=blue>The people in Shop Rite would not
There is not much info out there on the suites..I was wondering if they are suited for families. CRO quoted me an AAA rate of $516.00 per night. I asked if they were ever available with an AP rate and she advised that they were. So I would like to know if anyone has ever gotten an AP rate, also anything you can tell me about the suites. We are going in November and splitting our stay AKL concierge and somewhere else..any suggestions? We've stayed at WL POLY and AKL and I'm leaning towards the BW area.

Thanks.

We were told that they have a kind bed upstairs and a queen pull out sofa downstairs and that there is a bathroom on each level.

For as big as they are, they don't seem to sleep many people. JMHO

They look kind of nice with the little garden out front and they come with concierge service.

I was told that any special rates on these are few and far between but you never know.

I like the fact that they look a little secluded-like you have your own little cottage.

BW area is nice. I've heard it is very family friendly and I have also heard that it is very convention like at times-I guess it depends when you go.

$516 sounds like a good price for that season and any other discount that might come along like an AP would only make it better.

Did you book it?

No, not really suitable for families IMHO. For considerably less money you can rent DVC points and stay in a one bedroom villas a the BWV, and have a full kitchen and more space.

Just as an FYI, not all the garden suites have balconies, and the bedroom is a loft, so doesn't really afford privacy. The kids would have to climb the stairs for the tub/shower if that's a problem, and if you have little ones, the stairs might be aconcern to begin with.

The only advantages I can see are:

2 bathrobes in bedroom closet.
1/2 bath downstairs
concierge service (you have to go outside, into the main building, up the elevator and down the hall to get there)

With points rental being half to cost of the garden suite, the snacks you get at the concierge lounge are moot--you can hit Publix and get them for $30 :)

JMHO

Anne

Well that sure was short lived!! I have been advised by the DH that since it will be our 3rd vacation this year that I am to keep it CHEAP!!(lol) He just doesn't get it. I guess 500+ per night would not be considered cheap so the planning continues.

Ducklite, I really didn't think that they were suitable for families, but look so darn inviting, I know my 2 DDs would have loved them for thier doll house like appearance. And we only do concierge for the convenience and it certainly doesn't sound too convenient. Thanks for your reply.

I will start to look into the villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter