BW Villas vs. BC Villas

marisas1011

Mouseketeer
Hello, need help deciding on a two night stay in June. We have never stayed in a villa and are deciding between a deluxe studio at the Beach Club or Boardwalk. We have stayed in a regular room at the Beach Club before but have never stayed at BWI. Anyone have any insight as to which one is better (even though I know it's all a matter of opinion). We are two adults and a 7 year old. I know the Stormalong Bay gets rave reviews but (probably not in the majority) it's not my favorite. I don't like that you have to exit the pool area to reach the slide and I can't keep an eye on her, so the pool wouldn't be a deciding factor for me.

TIA

I've stayed at both and really enjoyed both for different reasons - for BC - it's a bit closer to the EP entrance and we liked the pool. QS in the morning was easy and I love the beach theme. I like that it had quite a few restaurants onsite. When I stayed at BC, Ample wasn't at BW yet so having Beaches and Cream at the resort was a big factor for us. Downside - not all rooms have a full balcony. I like to have coffee in the morning and sit while my husband gets ready. If that's important to you, make sure you verify the room type you book has access to the full balcony.

BWI, again, love the theme. I liked that there was quite a bit of nightlife right there. The pool was comfortable and there was a large pool bar area. All rooms have the full balconies. Downside - lots of dining options but you have to go to the Boardwalk area to get to them. ( Although the Bellevue room does have a continental breakfast I think )

They do all have a balcony but not necessarily a full balcony. Some of them have small "Juliet" style balconies and others have a full balcony.
That’s at the hotel side, no? The smallest villa balcony can still fit a table and two chairs, so they wouldn’t be a Juliet-style.

That’s at the hotel side, no? The smallest villa balcony can still fit a table and two chairs, so they wouldn’t be a Juliet-style.
Yes, sorry. They do hold 2 chairs and a table at BCV and then there are some that have much larger balconies. Need more coffee.

We're pool people so I like BCV better. I also like the views at BCV. That being said, we own at BWV and don't dislike it at all. I'm happy with either!

If being able to keep an eye on your child while at the pool is important, I would do BWV. You can sit on the pool deck and see the kids the whole time as they are walking up to the slide and waiting to get on. I find the BWI/BWV main pool much easier to navigate with younger children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter