BW area?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We just booked a 3 night stay Dec 5-8 at BWV and are wondering how Covid has affected the resort and boardwalk. I know there's no live entertainment. Are the friendship boats running? Are any or a lot of the restaurants and stores closed? This trip is mainly for some R&R and to see the holiday decor so I know we won't be disappointed regardless.

We just booked a 3 night stay Dec 5-8 at BWV and are wondering how Covid has affected the resort and boardwalk. I know there's no live entertainment. Are the friendship boats running? Are any or a lot of the restaurants and stores closed? This trip is mainly for some R&R and to see the holiday decor so I know we won't be disappointed regardless.
We are going to same resort... looking forward to answer..

I would ask or bump this thread again about a week before. Things are constantly changing/updating.

We got back last week. Boardwalk area is a ghost town. Evening a few people sitting and strolling looking for some food.

The Friendships boats were supposed to start running 11/1. We left 10/27.

I am going in two weeks and I have heard that Friendship boats are running and that the Bakery and Pizza Window are open.
Yes the Friendships are back up and running as of this week. The ESPN Zone, Ample Hills (Ice Cream), and Big River Grill and Brewery are all closed. Ample Hills and BCB have both declared Bankruptcy and don't expect to reopen.

Now the good news, here is what is Open:

Dining
The pool slide is closed at Luna Park (slide may reopen before the end of year), and pool area work is ongoing through the rest of 2020 but the rest of the pool is open and the 2 quite pools are also open.

ETA: Note the slide may reopen before the end of the year but the date is always subject to change... fixed the name of Big River Grill and Brewery. Thanks to @Ms.Minnie.

Dave

Last edited:
Yes the Friendships are back up and running as of this week. The ESPN Zone, Ample Hills (Ice Cream), and Big City Brewery are all closed. Ample Hills and BCB have both declared Bankruptcy and don't expect to reopen.

Now the good news, here is what is Open:

Dining
The pool slide is closed at Luna Park (slide may reopen before the end of year), and pool area work is ongoing through the rest of 2020 but the rest of the pool is open and the 2 quite pools are also open.

ETA: Note the slide may reopen before the end of the year but the date is always subject to change...

Dave

Hi do you mean Big River Grill and Brewery? Did you notice if Belle Vue Lounge is open?

Yes just lost my mind for a few minutes. It is Big River Grill and Brewery. The Belle Vue lounge had sign out that they were closed. This could change as we get closer to the Holidays so just have to keep checking.

Dave

I was there a couple of weeks ago and had breakfast at Trattoria al Forno. If you can get a reservation, I would recommend this place for breakfast. I was not impressed with the Boardwalk Bakery's hot breakfast items. The Bakery's selection is also a bit limited now too, so something to keep in mind. I walked over to Yacht Club and Beach Club for some meals.

The Screen Door General Store is open, but has shorter hours. It was open 9am to 9pm when I was there.

You can also go over to Swan/Dolphin to check out their eating places. Their quick serves had some decent options. Also, the Swan usually has a nice Christmas display (it's usually made of chocolate, so it smells amazing too!!!). Not sure what they will do this year, but it's one more place to check out.

I would also recommend Ale & Compass at YC for breakfast. We usually go there for breakfast a couple of times each trip. They have amazing pancakes that have blueberries, bacon and chocolate chips in them, they are really really good! I get them every time! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter