Buzz Lightyear Tips

Miniefan

DIS Veteran
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me some helpful hints to rack up the points on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. My hubby always beats the heck out of me on that ride and this year I would like to have the upper hand and surprise him. I know there are some areas that count as more points, can anyone help??

Thanks,
Kim

generally speaking, the further away a target is, the more it's worth. there are a few spots worth big points like the inside left hand of the big robot in the first room. i think the batteries can be worth a lot too.

Hit all the targets on the robot!!

Also, when you go into the room that Zurg is in the space ship (not the one with the "movie" action, the one before you make the turn into that area, aim at the bottom target by the engine. Only able to hit it going into the room and out of the room. LOTS OF POINTS!!!

Never let go of the trigger. I was told this trick by a CM. Also, like bradk said, the further away the target, the more points. Hitting Zurg scores mega points! The moving targets get more points and the volcano is a biggie too!

Thanks!! I am really excited about being able to kick my hubby's butt on this. I will try everything!!

Kim

My best tip is to go on Buzz just as it's about to break down. I got lots of points while we were sitting still in that room with the volcano-thingy.

Kim-
Thanks for bringing this up! I have an upcoming trip in Sept. and I cannot wait to beat my husband as well!!!!! He always raves about how he ALWAYS beats me, well I want to be ready, because this time- I am going to beat him!:banana:

Can't wait to hear more tips!
Lori

Hit the target on the left arm of the robot in the first room. It's worth 100,000 points. Same for the Zurg target mentioned earlier. I was only able to get to 864,000 but my nephew hit the 999,999 max.

that's the inside of the left hand as i mentioned. he has targets on both hands and on both sides of the hand.

DOn't keep looking for another "Z" to hit...once you have found a good one (like one far in the distance), and have locked on it, just keep your finger on the trigger and hit that one as long as you can before your car moves on. Then do the same thing again. I have found that while this takes some of the fun out of the ride, the pure respect and admiration (and the wee bit of embarassment) I see on my hubby's face at the end when I kick his booty is well worth it. :)

DOn't keep looking for another "Z" to hit...once you have found a good one (like one far in the distance), and have locked on it, just keep your finger on the trigger and hit that one as long as you can before your car moves on. Then do the same thing again. I have found that while this takes some of the fun out of the ride, the pure respect and admiration (and the wee bit of embarassment) I see on my hubby's face at the end when I kick his booty is well worth it. :)

PS - please, no one tell my hubby how I am beating him so consistently!! :rolleyes1

Here you go... hope this works ( I am trying to paste it on )

Z Marks the Spot!
It's a Day Glow Universe After All!

Stop singing and Shoot the Zs.

You gain control of your star cruiser and enter worlds full of Zurg's troops. Shoot, but don't forget to spin. In the first room is a large orange robot. Blast Him. Blast him as you leave the room. Blast the back of his arm for a better score. (The back of the buzz saw, across from the robot, pays well too but don't tell Kimball. Don't mention the robots nose to her either. Also the bottom of the blue robot's red claw seen to the right here is way big score )

You will come to a row of crystal fusion power cells. Shoot the 9 volts. They fall over and you get good points for them. This photo is real poor but it gives you the general idea.

Now on to ZURG! Just after the crystal fusion power cells is the first of two Zurg rooms. These are what you see. The target below Zurg pays big but it is a tricky shot. You can only hit it entering and exiting the room.

Shoot here, 100,000 points

Here you go... hope this works ( I am trying to paste it on )

Z Marks the Spot!
It's a Day Glow Universe After All!

Stop singing and Shoot the Zs.

You gain control of your star cruiser and enter worlds full of Zurg's troops. Shoot, but don't forget to spin. In the first room is a large orange robot. Blast Him. Blast him as you leave the room. Blast the back of his arm for a better score. (The back of the buzz saw, across from the robot, pays well too but don't tell Kimball. Don't mention the robots nose to her either. Also the bottom of the blue robot's red claw seen to the right here is way big score )

You will come to a row of crystal fusion power cells. Shoot the 9 volts. They fall over and you get good points for them. This photo is real poor but it gives you the general idea.

Now on to ZURG! Just after the crystal fusion power cells is the first of two Zurg rooms. These are what you see. The target below Zurg pays big but it is a tricky shot. You can only hit it entering and exiting the room.

Shoot here, 100,000 points

Do you have the URL to the website that this came from? I'd love to see the pictures!

Thanks!

Hit the back of the robot's arm in the first room (100,000) and the volcano in the second (about 30,000 points per hit). If you keep hitting the volcano through the entire large room, you should rack up a lot of points.

In the next small room on the right, hit the target at the bottom of the flying saucer. It is far down so you need to hit it from an angle going into and out of the area. It is worth 100,000 for each hit.

It is easy to max out a gun just my hitting these three targets as many times as possible.

I don't remember exactly where this was (near the beginning) but once the ride slowed down and I noticed a target on the ceiling. I hit it 10 times and I was at 999,999 in no time. It was cool to get the top score but the rest of the ride was reaaaaaal boring after that.

Looks like everyone has their own little strategies.

Thank so much, I am going to try and remember all those pointers guys.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter