Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I found a movie that was titled Buzz LIghtyear Of Star Command and it came out in 1999 and was a direct to video sequel starring Buzz Lightyear and Tim Allen reprised Buzz Lightyear's voice and it features an intro with the Toy Story cast and then features an animated Buzz Lightyear movie. It appears to be the pliot episode of the short-lived cartoon series of the same name and was this movie gonna be the first in a spin-off series of Buzz Lightyear movies? Buzz Lightyear Of Star Command also featured a song performed by William Shatner during the end credits. How did Disney come up with this movie and was it successful upon it's direct to video release?

This was the pilot for the TV series. Tim Allen only did the voice in the movie, and then Patrick Wharburton took over for the regular show. It's a good show done by the team that did Kim Possible and Big hero 6 (McCorkle/Schooly). It's a shame that it isn't on Disney+ for some reason.

Last edited:

I've never heard of this movie before, but now I'm intrigued!

I actually liked the Lightyear movie. I thought it was thoughtful and new (well, a new take on a Toy Story side arc LOL). It entertained me 🙃

I've never heard of this movie before, but now I'm intrigued!

I actually liked the Lightyear movie. I thought it was thoughtful and new (well, a new take on a Toy Story side arc LOL). It entertained me 🙃

This is from the show:

1690938772123.png

It's just if Buzz were really a space ranger with a team or wacky aliens. It's good though - quick and colorful like Kim Possible or Big Hero 6 (both also excellent cartoons). For some reason, Disney has buried this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter