Buying water near DLH???

ForKeeps

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone!!!

I'm coming to the experts for some help. DH and I are taking our first trip to DL :banana:

In the past when we went to DW we packed water in our suitcase to drink in the park. Now with only one checked bag and a 50 pound weight restriction, I'm kind of at a loss. I checked out Von's, but a $6.95 delivery charge for a case of water seems a bit extreme. We really won't need any more food delivered -- it's only the water I'm concerned about.

The added complication is that we're actually flying from Buffalo to San Francisco, spending 4 days there and then flying to LAX for 3 days at DL. And because we're hoping to be able to bring back a bottle of wine from Napa/Sonoma, we're really cutting it close for space.

We're staying at the DLH and I was wondering if there was a convenience store or somewhere nearby where we could walk and buy a 12 pack of water instead of shelling out the extra money at the parks?

I'd love to hear your ideas!!! Thanks in advance.

There is a 7-11, I think it is, down Harbor, before you get to Katella, or right near Katella. It's a long walk, but doable.

There is a target down the road - which the ART will take you to. It's right near the Outback Steakhouse and several hotels - maybe 10 mins down the road (not walking though). Maybe there is something closer? If so, let me know too :thumbsup2 We need to get water but don't really want other groceries...

Doesn't Costco deliver, and have their delivery fee included with water?

I know that there's a normal bus that goes right by the Target, b/c the family of a Dis'er went there by bus.

Or you could snag a cab and run into Albertson's or Von's, grab water pay and go.

OR buy a bottle of water at the parks, then refill it when you get to a place with a spout.

OR just ask for a cup of ice water at counter service restaurants; they are happy to do it! Even if you're not buying anything else.

The only thing with asking for a cup of ice water at some of the CS restaurants is they will give you a cup of ice to fill up at the water fountain - YUCKO!!

When we were there a few weeks ago it was stinkin hot for 3 of the days. I knew we'd need tons of water to get through the day. we were staying at carousel and there was a store at the tropicana, right beside. they did not sell water by the case, I begged and begged to sell me a case at any cost, cus I knew it would be better than the $3/bottle in the parks. but he would not comply. My DH went down and low and behold came back with a 28 pk of water! it cost us $23...but working out to under $1/bottle I thought it was great! a cab ride to target and buying it there would've come close to that I'm sure. Still can't figure out why he would sell it to my DH and not me...I'm much cuter:rotfl2:

You could put just a few bottles in each of your suitcases (2 or 3 in each) you'll be surprised how giving your clothes could be. I agree with Bumbershoot. You could refill at Rancho del Zacholo. They have a great water refill place on the outside dining area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter