Buying tickets online question

brajfamily

Mousketeer
If we buy our tickets online from WDW, will they be mailed to us or do we get an email confirmation that we would then need to exchange for tickets when we get to WDW? If they are mailed, how long does that take? Thanks!

If we buy our tickets online from WDW, will they be mailed to us or do we get an email confirmation that we would then need to exchange for tickets when we get to WDW? If they are mailed, how long does that take? Thanks!
You can choose an option for the tickets to be mailed to you - this option is free. It will take 5 to 7 business days.

You might want to consider buying tickets online from Undercover Tourist. I've always used them, and their prices are always lower (as in $20 or so) than buying direct from WDW. They'll ship the tickets to you for free, and they usually arrive within three to five days. If you search around this forum, you'll find a many DISers use them as well. They're a Disney-certified reseller, so you don't have to worry about anything - they also have amazing customer service.

I bought mine at WDW website, UT didn't have a savings enough for me to worry, I picked Will call as shipment option, and they linked right to my MDE account in seconds...

Thanks! Will we have the option to order magic bands at the same time?

You can't buy MagicBands directly from Disney World ticketing.
If you want MBs in advance (and are not staying at a WDW resort this trip) you can order them from the Disney Store HERE.

If you buy them through the WDW site and choose will call you will need your confirmation number, a valid government photo id and the credit card you used to buy them when you go to pick up the tickets at the Will Call/Guest Services window.

If you buy them through the WDW site and choose will call you will need your confirmation number, a valid government photo id and the credit card you used to buy them when you go to pick up the tickets at the Will Call/Guest Services window.

If the OP's party purchases MagicBands, they will not need to pick up the tickets at WDW at all (unless they just want to do so.)

If the OP's party purchases MagicBands, they will not need to pick up the tickets at WDW at all (unless they just want to do so.)

Robo,

We were just there last month staying at All Star Sports and we used Magic Bands. I ordered Will Call tickets. They showed up in MDE instantly, but the PDF confirmation stated I must go to Will Call to obtain my tickets. We went to the window at MK and the CM requested all the above stated items, verifyed the tickets, then linked them to our Magic Bands.

Did I do a completely unnecessary step?

Robo,

We were just there last month staying at All Star Sports and we used Magic Bands. I ordered Will Call tickets. They showed up in MDE instantly, but the PDF confirmation stated I must go to Will Call to obtain my tickets. We went to the window at MK and the CM requested all the above stated items, verifyed the tickets, then linked them to our Magic Bands.

Did I do a completely unnecessary step?

Yup.

(But, at least you had the plastic tickets as a back-up for the MagicBands.)

I was chatting on the WDW site in that little chat window thing, the rep told me exactly the same thing, that because we are on property we don't necessarily need to go get them at all... But that may not apply if you are off property?

I was chatting on the WDW site in that little chat window thing, the rep told me exactly the same thing, that

1. because we are on property we don't necessarily need to go get them at all...

2. But that may not apply if you are off property?

1. In that case, hard plastic tickets are not necessary because you are given a MagicBand, in advance.**

2. In that case, hard plastic tickets are not necessary if you purchase a MagicBand, in advance, and link it to your MDE.**

**But, it doesn't hurt to have the "back-up" of the hard plastic ticket (just in case.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter