Buying Tickets and Reserving Park Days for an Uncertain Member of the Party

cobright

DIS Veteran
The shortest, simplest version of the question I can come up with is...
Can I purchase a ticket and reserve a park day for someone (as a member of my party) but shift that ticket and reservation to a different person if the first person learns they are unable to join us?

The YA novel version of that might sound like ... I want to go to Disney with cheerleader Mindy, and Mindy says she'd like to go with me, but I know Mindy will cancel plans with me in a second if a better date comes along. At the same time, color guard girl Daphne is always willing to go anywhere with me at even a moment's notice. So, since I'm a horrible person, I would really like to buy the ticket and make the reservation now but assign it to Mindy or Daphne the day we go to the park based on if Mindy is still interested at that point or not.

It isn't really like that but that does sum up the situation and it's a lot more fun the way I wrote it.

You can reassign the ticket, but I don’t think you can reassign the reservation. It would just go away and you would have to start over.
Yes, and depending on how busy the parks are, it may not be possible to secure a park reservation.

What the others said -- reassigning a ticket is easy, but the park reservation doesn't go "with" the ticket (unless it's a youth group ticket, which obviously yours would not be). You'd have to hope that park reservations were still available when Mindy dumps you, so that Daphne can still come with. ;)

Regardless of whether it's Mindy or Daphne that goes with you, would this person be managed from your account? Or would this person have their own MDE account that you be linking to via family and friends? If the answer is that they don't have their own account and would be a person managed by your account, then you should be able to just change the name of that person once you know for sure who is going, keeping the ticket assignment and reservation in tact.

If the answer is that they don't have their own account and would be a person managed by your account, then you should be able to just change the name of that person once you know for sure who is going, keeping the ticket assignment and reservation in tact.
Or you could make up a name, like Mindy Daphne, and assign the ticket and park reservation to that name. I want to repeat, though, that this works only if this “person” is managed by your MDE account and doesn’t have their own. And won’t be participating in anything that requires photo ID to match the MDE name.

What the others said -- reassigning a ticket is easy, but the park reservation doesn't go "with" the ticket (unless it's a youth group ticket, which obviously yours would not be). You'd have to hope that park reservations were still available when Mindy dumps you, so that Daphne can still come with. ;)
I have to confess, I changed the names to protect the innocent but perhaps there are none of those left. Dear Kate swore a solemn vow but yesterday told me she forgot she had planned to wash her hair the day of the trip.

Crushed, but I reached out and found sweet Edith eager and willing to abandon her mother at the dialysis clinic to come with me.

I was feeling better until just now. Mercurial Kate just phoned me to say she would be joining me after all! What can I do? I can buy another ticket but the reservation system prevents us all getting into the parks together.

It seems I cannot have my Kate… and Edith too.

I'm dying over here 😂 I really needed this laugh today so thanks! sorry about your situation though. Now I have to go Google what a colour guard girl is 😂😂😂

So are park passes still needed for people who buy single day tickets after Dec 8 without hoppers?

So multi day tickets still require a park pass reservation?

Park pass reservations are still needed for all guests.

The only change is that now when you purchase a 1-day ticket, and choose your park and date, the park reservation will be made for you automatically as part of the purchase process.

I'm dying over here 😂 I really needed this laugh today so thanks! sorry about your situation though. Now I have to go Google what a colour guard girl is 😂😂😂
Like a cheerleader but marched ahead of marching band. AKA discount cheerleader. Which is unfair but well… there it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter