Buying Poly - right now

_mrsryder

Earning My Ears
Hi guys! Was curious what buying a small contract, direct at poly right now may look like? Currently own 150 at VGF.

I might wait to buy until more is announced about the Poly Tower! There’s a lot up in the air like whether it’ll be part or the same association as the current villas and bungalows (most likely) or if it’ll be part of the new trust DVC has created (still very much unsure). Plus you’re likely to get at least a few incentives once it goes into active sale again. That being said, we bought some Poly resale this year because we don’t care either way if it is part of the same association or new because we love the current Poly and would be happy either way:)

I might wait to buy until more is announced about the Poly Tower! There’s a lot up in the air like whether it’ll be part or the same association as the current villas and bungalows (most likely) or if it’ll be part of the new trust DVC has created (still very much unsure). Plus you’re likely to get at least a few incentives once it goes into active sale again. That being said, we bought some Poly resale this year because we don’t care either way if it is part of the same association or new because we love the current Poly and would be happy either way:)
That is where we are at - just unsure if we want to wait until the mad rush and if it’s going to be worth it for the incentives haha! Looking @ you CFW 🤪🤪

Lol yeahhh I have to believe there’s a bigger picture thing happening with the cabins, it’s the only thing that makes sense given the lack of incentives and dues. But maybe that’s just wishful thinking 🤷🏼‍♀️

If you’re buying resale Poly, if does seem like some of those inflated prices a month or two ago have seemed to come down a bit (some are still insane) so the next month or two might not be a bad idea to buy resale before the association is confirmed, in case the demand goes back up again.

But if you’re looking to buy direct, I don’t think there’s any harm in waiting, aside from the actual pain of waiting haha. Any mad rush for direct purchases won’t result in a sold out resort any time soon and you’ll have the full picture to make your decision. Although I get the appeal of instant gratification of a direct purchase. We’re also contemplating buying a bit more RIV and direct Poly (depending on association) once it goes back on sale but man the wait really is the worst.

That is where we are at - just unsure if we want to wait until the mad rush and if it’s going to be worth it for the incentives haha! Looking @ you CFW 🤪🤪

The good news is that I do t see the price being higher than it is today so unless you have a UY other than February and want 2023 points…Poly tower will start with 2024…and want under 100…if just wait.

Its even possible it will be less and the base price will go to $239 like VDH.

I want to add on as well and am thinking resale is the way to go, but I have 2 areas I am not clear about: the trust issue and resale restrictions.

1) From the article above, it appears everything is apart of the same association, so I am also assuming that there will be no resale restrictions on the newly bought direct contracts. Is this what others are thinking as well?

2) Will all owners old direct, resale and new poly tower owners be forced into the trust (if there is one) or are the old poly owners and resale owners before the sale of the new tower, be excluded? I'm not sure if exclusion could even be possible.

Just don't want to buy resale or direct without knowing what I am getting into.

I want to add on as well and am thinking resale is the way to go, but I have 2 areas I am not clear about: the trust issue and resale restrictions.

1) From the article above, it appears everything is apart of the same association, so I am also assuming that there will be no resale restrictions on the newly bought direct contracts. Is this what others are thinking as well?

2) Will all owners old direct, resale and new poly tower owners be forced into the trust (if there is one) or are the old poly owners and resale owners before the sale of the new tower, be excluded? I'm not sure if exclusion could even be possible.

I’m interested in adding Poly too. We’re not in a big hurry so decided to wait to see prices on both direct and resale during the first year of active sales. That also let’s us see the full picture before buying.

1) Nobody knows 100% for sure until the ink is dry. DVC says the plan is same association. That is not 100% commitment and more importantly still leaves the possibility there is a detail that makes it different than expected. For example, it could be the whole tower is same association as PVB but some or all of the tower is put in the trust and those points don’t have home priority booking outside the trust. I think it’s possible but not probable. Still… the point is there is not 100% certainty yet.

2) I don’t think any owner can be forced into a trust. I do think owners could be locked out of trust points though.

I’d be surprised if Poly2 sales start with the best incentives. Lately they seem to hold off until interest starts dipping before offering the better deals. Our plan is to watch in hopes of getting below $200 or $180, and if direct gets under $180 like VGF2 then we’ll also watch the reaction in resale prices.

Until the tower is declared into PVB and cleared it will be sold the same way the current PVB was sold…leasehold condo and not associated with the trust…I would not buy Poly resale assuming anything.

But, from the way the trust is written and what I have been able to discern, they can’t add partial shares of current PVB to the trust because those units are already declared into a different association.

So if I'm understanding, it seems we just don't know how the trust will effect the resale and old direct owners. Resale and old direct owners legally should not have to worry about the trust effecting their previous purchase, however, it may mean they may not have full access to the tower booking window.

If I'm happy with the existing poly rooms then resale is a good idea, but I should buy without any expectations of being able to fully use the resale contract at the tower the way resale BPK at the GF can do.

If I really want to book at the tower outside the 7 mo window, then waiting to see what happens with the new build would be better. And to also see if there ends up being a trust.

So if I'm understanding, it seems we just don't know how the trust will effect the resale and old direct owners. Resale and old direct owners legally should not have to worry about the trust effecting their previous purchase, however, it may mean they may not have full access to the tower booking window.

If I'm happy with the existing poly rooms then resale is a good idea, but I should buy without any expectations of being able to fully use the resale contract at the tower the way resale BPK at the GF can do.

If I really want to book at the tower outside the 7 mo window, then waiting to see what happens with the new build would be better. And to also see if there ends up being a trust.
That’s exactly how I look at it!

Yes, if you are okay with the studios in the longhouses, then you look for a deal on resale. No one knows if the trust is just for CFW or if they are going to make it part of the larger DVC. DVC definitely added language that they can add properties to the trust, but its all speculation that the tower or any other property is going to be added as well. Who knows until it actually happens.

Regardless of what the price ends up after incentives, we have enough resale points so need to save for direct points so we can stay at the restricted resorts, current and future. Come 2042 we loose access to 3 (possibly 4) WDW resorts at the 7 month window so 7 month swapping will be even more challenging. So we got what we needed for our beloved wilderness lodge so now we wait and save and hopefully Disney keeps direct points within reach 🙏

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter