buying park tix and air fare

CMERCANTI

Earning My Ears
I'm a new member and I'm planning our first DVC trip but I have some questions. Do most DVC members still use Disney to book their airline tix for their trip? Also do you use Disney to purchase your park tix. I know before we were members we used Disney to book everything. I was thinking Disney may be able to get cheaper airfare rather than dealing with the airlines directly. Your help would be much appreciated.

We have always booked our own airfare. Even before we joined DVC. I always can get it cheaper by booking directly with the airlines on the websites. Plus SWA is always doing specials from Nashville.

This may be different for your airport. Check out the airline rates on the internet, then call MS and see what they quote you.

As for tickets. Other than the UMP, the ticket prices are the same no matter where you buy them. DVC members do receive a discount on the UMP when they stay at DVC resorts. The only other option is the Disney Club Card. It does have a annual fee, but it does give you discounts on tickets.

Even before I had DVC, I always booked my airfare on my own. Living in Pittsburgh, USAir is the only choice for a non-stop so I shop for the times & rate I want on the internet site, watch for sales and then call the airline direct or book on the internet site. Park Tickets I either buy in person or order over the phone from CRO using the Disney Club discount (we've had AP's for almost 3 years now). I do use Member Services for most priority seatings.

WE have done the same by booking our airfare on our own. MY BIL and his wife are trying something different this time because they are doing the cruise with us. They have had DU book there whole trip and the prices are very goo including the WDW tickets. You could try them, there is a link on this board to them and they do a great job on all Disney trips. We may use them in the future.
:wave: :wave:

We always arrange our own flights. Have had MUCH success with using Priceline. My sister is a priceline guru. She got us tickets for October for $90.00 round trip . You have to be willing to be flexible and make a connecting flight but it works for us.

Have used Disney for tix in the past....not sure how we will get them this year?!!:bounce:

This new website ofr travel is called orbitz.com, works well, it's similar to travelocity and others but it gives you the ability to see more flights and they color code the flight that matches the closest you put in for times.

Hi,
I always book make my own travel arrangements because I like to get the best possible deal. For park passes I have considered how long we are staying in deciding what kind of pass to get and if a park hopper will be sufficient I purchase it at the Disney Store using the DVC discount, it saves a little bit of money and I am leery of purchasing tickets from any of the "discount" places.
Kim
:)

Try http://www.travelocity.com to get a sense of what the best prices are for an airfare to your destination. You can even set up email so they will let you know when the fares change. Buy anywhere you want as long as you get the right price.

I have used MS numerous times to make our air fare reservations. A direct flight is a must for us, so I don't like taking changes with internet sites like travelocity. I always check out the latest on-line prices with Delta Express before calling MS. They have always found the same low fares I saw on-line before calling them. I've always received excellent service from MS. Use them for car rental reservations too, using National.

We always secure our own park passes. We use the Disney Club discount. For AP's I've ordered the vouchers from Disney and through a local Disney Store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter