• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying package offers as an American

ActingDude17

Earning My Ears
Hi! I'm currently planning a trip to Disneyland Paris and have a question regarding package offers. I'm an American, but am living in London at the moment, and so the default DLP page is the UK version. This version offers me the "Up to 30% Off + Free Half Board" package for the two night/three day trip I'm looking at.

Out of curiosity, I switched to the American version of the site and as far as I can tell the offer isn't available on it. My question is whether I will be able to get the discount if I buy the tickets here in the UK. Is the offer really not extended to Americans? And if not, how does Disney verify my nationality - through my billing address?

Also, a stray thought: I've been reading a lot about the massive renovations the resort has undergone recently. Last night I read that Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed during my visit in May (to add Jack Sparrow? how has it taken this long?!). While a disappointment, that didn't bother me too much. Tonight I found the most recent date for Space Mountain's closure and found that it's not reopening until May. This is possibly my favorite Disney ride (based on the WDW version) and the fact that I won't be able to do it at DLP is really getting me down. :( I've done WDW four times over the course of two decades and can't remember ever experiencing such major closures. I guess I've just had good luck (and also realize that DLP is its own animal, so to speak). Please tell me I shouldn't be letting this get me down, guys!

Thanks for the help! :)

I live in the states and just booked from the UK reservation site for my trip in November since the price was much less. So you can use the uk site no matter where you are from or live. Everything is thru email so address is not important. I called the WDW reservation line then got transferred to the Disneyland Paris reservation center in the UK. They took my American address and it did not matter at all. I could have used website also but wanted to put deposit down only.

is is possibly my favorite Disney ride (based on the WDW version) and the fact that I won't be able to do it at DLP is really getting me down.
Space mountain is really cool in DLP, much better than the WDW version (as it has a couple of inversions and is quite a bit harder) but there is still plenty of cool stuff, Ratatouille, BTMRR, the New Star Tours will be open, Phantom Manor, Crush's coaster - these are all either Unique to the Park or an improvement on WDW. I think Mickey and the Magician will be open again by May, and you obviously will be at the early end of the 25th Anniversary stuff, so it is a pretty good time to go.
Enjoy your trip!

Space mountain is really cool in DLP, much better than the WDW version (as it has a couple of inversions and is quite a bit harder) but there is still plenty of cool stuff, Ratatouille, BTMRR, the New Star Tours will be open, Phantom Manor, Crush's coaster - these are all either Unique to the Park or an improvement on WDW. I think Mickey and the Magician will be open again by May, and you obviously will be at the early end of the 25th Anniversary stuff, so it is a pretty good time to go.
Enjoy your trip!

I guess missing Space Mountain gives me a really good excuse to come back someday (not that I'll need one)!

This trip is probably going to be mid-April. The official park website says Mickey and the Magician returns on March 18th, so I'll be glad to catch that. Star Tours also returns that day, but I haven't seen too many of the Star Wars films! Maybe I can catch up before then.

It seems like Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean will be the only major things closed down. Could be worse!

You can book whichever country's offer suits you the best, everything comes through by email.

In my experience the best offers have been on the UK site and you'll probably want to book there anyway. I just put in my US billing address in leaving the country as UK and it went through fine.

And as others have said Space Mountain is a whole different ride at Disneyland Paris - I do love it but it is more like a rough "Rock n Roller coaster" than Space Mountain at WDW. Also- just a thought - I did prefer eating table service meals and buffets compared to counter service at DLRP.

I'm an Aussie but was having the same issue, I ended up booking through Magic Breaks by World Travellers because they had the same great package rate but with the option of paying a deposit online without having to call.

I actually saved 15 pounds because they didn't have the booking fee either, just the taxes.

I also booked on the UK site because of the very favorable exchange rate right now for Americans with the British Pound. I did change the country to USA and it went through just fine. They must have changed the program to allow for that. My confirmation letter (which came by email) reads "United States".

I also booked on the UK site because of the very favorable exchange rate right now for Americans with the British Pound. I did change the country to USA and it went through just fine. They must have changed the program to allow for that. My confirmation letter (which came by email) reads "United States".

I did the same thing.
The DLP website actually has a statement somewhere saying you can book offers from any country's version of the website.

Thanks for the help, everyone! I have another question I'd appreciate some help answering. The hotel package I am looking at says that for arrivals from 29th March 2017, breakfast will not be included. This is because the hotels will no longer be serving breakfast to most customers, correct? The info page later tells me that one of my benefits is a free half board meal plan with quick service breakfast in Disney Parks and lunch or dinner. Am I right in thinking that this means we get breakfast in the parks, just not at our hotel? Or is it no breakfast at all?

Thanks for the help, everyone! I have another question I'd appreciate some help answering. The hotel package I am looking at says that for arrivals from 29th March 2017, breakfast will not be included. This is because the hotels will no longer be serving breakfast to most customers, correct? The info page later tells me that one of my benefits is a free half board meal plan with quick service breakfast in Disney Parks and lunch or dinner. Am I right in thinking that this means we get breakfast in the parks, just not at our hotel? Or is it no breakfast at all?

The hotels are still serving breakfast but after 29 March 2017, there is a separate charge. The breakfasts rates are according to the hotel level, so for example the breakfast charge is cheaper at Santa Fe then at Hotel New York.

There will also be breakfast options in the park. As far as I can see, I may be wrong but the park breakfast voucher is a lower value than some of the hotels breakfast charge.

You can use your park breakfast voucher at your hotel but you may have to top up the value with cash.

This is a link to the breakfast options: http://www.dlptownsquare.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Breakfast-Disneyland-Paris.pdf

As I understand it, the 'quick service in the park' option in your deal may cover one or both of the first two options on that leaflet in the link above - either food 'On site' in the park in Cafe Hyperion or Bella Notte, AND/OR being able to have an 'On the go' option which is served at the bar in your hotel, New York Style sandwiches in the Village, or in park at the Market Place Deli or Cable Car.....

To be honest, noone knows for certain at this stage, but considering the leaflet costs both the 'On site' and 'On the go' at the same price, you'd assume they'd be interchangeable....but they do say 'starting from'....

Sorry, just an educated guess! :)

C x

POTC may be open- they haven't released a date yet but there is a chance it could be finished by may- who knows! As for space mountain, depending on when in May you're going, it may have soft openings. Either way, it's very different to the WDW one so don't be too disappointed! :-)

Oh, and yes, you should be able to book through the UK site. British people are often booking through the European sites, so it may be worth checking out the French, German, Spanish sites, etc, as they usually have different offers on.

We arrive at the resort two days from now!! A few last minute questions...

I read a FastPass explanation on the website but am not sure I understand correctly. You put your park ticket in a FastPass machine at a ride and receive a FastPass to be used later in the day. After it is used, can you get a FastPass for another attraction? Or does each guest only get one FastPass per day?

Finally, I would appreciate some help with understanding our meal plan. We received the free half board meal plan with our stay at the Sequoia Lodge (including quick service breakfast in-park and lunch or dinner). Is this a Hotel, Standard, Plus, or Premium plan? Also, it says we get a breakfast and other meal for each "night" of our stay. So even though we have three days in the parks this means we only get food on two of those days? That doesn't make much sense to me. And am I right that the only way to make a reservation is call the French phone line or in-person at your hotel's reception desk?

I read a FastPass explanation on the website but am not sure I understand correctly. You put your park ticket in a FastPass machine at a ride and receive a FastPass to be used later in the day. After it is used, can you get a FastPass for another attraction? Or does each guest only get one FastPass per day?

Yes, that is correct. Example. The Fast pass machines for Peter Pan are located beside Peter Pan queuing area. There will be a digital clock saying what the current time is and what time the return time is for the fast passes. The return times are usually in 30 minute slots. You walk up to the machine, insert your park ticket and remove your park ticket. A Fast pass ticket will then come out of the machine. It will say the ride name -Peter Pan, what time the fast pass was issued and what time to return at. If your fast pass return time is over 2 hours from the time of issue, you can get another fast pass. Otherwise you can only get another fast pass after the return time.

When you return, you go to the fast pass line and show your ticket to the CM who will let you enter. Then at the top of the line, before you board the ride, another cm will collect your fast pass ticket.

And am I right that the only way to make a reservation is call the French phone line or in-person at your hotel's reception desk?

I cant help you with the meal plan, as I dont use them. Yes the only way to make a meal reservation is by phone or at your hotel or at City Hall. BUT there are ways to get around the international call charge. If you are in USA just ring the phone number for WDW in Florida and ask to be transfered to the Disneyland Paris Dining Reservation. If the person does not want to do this, just hang up and call again, it CAN be done, they just dont know or dont want to deal with the French transfer.

Last edited:
Yes thats right - The system is similar to the system at DL California and how it was at WDW til recently. There are certain rides with FP and you put your park ticket in the machine to get one. You will get a time slot to return.
You can then get another on when your return ride opens or 2 hrs later whichever is the sooner.
Eg You get a FP at 10.am and the return time is 11.00am - you can then get another one at 11. f the return time isn't til 2pm you can get another at 12.00 as its 2 hrs later. It will say on your FP what time you can get another.

Im not certain about the meal plan but think it will be the plus plan for S Lodge. You do only get the plan for the number of nights (even when you buy it) so will have to buy a meal out of pocket.
You can make reservations by phone, at your hotel or at City Hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter