Buying Insurance vs. taking yours with you!

bmt337

Atlantic Canada
With the escalating cost of car insurance in Canada I am tempted to buy car rental insurance even though I don't relish the idea simply because I'm worried that if we did have an accident or fender bender our insurance at home would go through the roof at home. Any thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

AS AN INSURANCE BROKER, I RECOMMEND THAT YOU BUY THE CAR INSURANCE FOR THE RENTAL CAR & NOT USE YOUR OWN. IF A CLAIM HAPPENS THEN THE RENTAL COVERAGE THAT YOU BOUGHT WILL TAKE CARE OF IT..NO FIGHTING BETWEEN COMPANIES, YOU CAN BASICALLY WALK AWAY. ALSO, RENTAL COVERAGE WILL COVER THE CAR'S DOWN TIME IF IT IS INVOLVED IN AN ACIDENT ..YOUR INSURANCE MAY OR MAY NOT COVER THIS..EVERYONE IS DIFFERNT. IF YOU WERE IN CANADA & RENTING A CAR THEN YES, JUST HAVE SEF 27 ENDORSEMENT TO COVER THE USE BUT IF YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY , PAY THE EXTRA, YOU WILL BE BETTER OFF. WHEN YOU DO PURCHASE IT, JUST MAKE SURE YOU WATCH THE LIABILITY LIMITS. IN FLORIDA, THEY HAVE LIMITS AS LOW AS $15,000 ..DO NOT GET THAT. I RECOMMEND EITHER 1 MILLION OR 2 MILLION LIKE WE HAVE HERE IN CANADA.

HOPE ALL THIS HELPS

I haven't checked into it yet, but is the car rental insurance that comes with the credit card you're using enough?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter