Buying Food

dcal

Earning My Ears
How and where do you buy food for your villa? I'm planning on taking the Magic Express and using Disney Transport. What are the details on grocery service? Am I better off renting a car for a day (defeating the purpose of living at Disney) and going to Publix or Costco?

Goal: We want to save $$ eating breakfast, lunch and a couple of dinners in at OKW.

Thanks

We used a delivery service. Wegoshop. Delivered right to the villa when you want it. Check out their website for details, wegoshop.com. Without a car, it's the best way to go.

we too were thinking of no renting a car since we will be on site. I also love Costco!

I will have to check out that website. :drinking1

:earsboy:

Just got back from VWL. We got in late so we used Goodings. Goodings will take your credit card info and leave your goods with bellman. The bellman will keep cold stuff in cooler. Worked great. I think it might have been a little more expesive than wegoshop, but I did not have to be there to receive the delivery. We simply called the bell desk and had them bring it up.

We where very happy as it saved time and money.

Google Goodings and it comes right up.

Will wegoshop drop the food off at the bellman if you are not there? Just in case we decide to stay a bit longer in the park or getting a bus takes longer than expected.

Rainman said:
Just got back from VWL. We got in late so we used Goodings. Goodings will take your credit card info and leave your goods with bellman. The bellman will keep cold stuff in cooler. Worked great. I think it might have been a little more expesive than wegoshop, but I did not have to be there to receive the delivery. We simply called the bell desk and had them bring it up.

We where very happy as it saved time and money.

Google Goodings and it comes right up.

Did Goodings leave you the cash register receipt? When we used wegoshop they just give you their receipt and not the cash register receipt so you don't really know what was charged. I'll have to try Goodings or Gardengrocer next time.

Goodings prices are established in advance. You see the prices on their web site (a little expensive) and they send you a confirmation of the order in advance with all the prices. I am pretty sure they left a detail receipt with the delivery. I know for sure they left a charge receipt. I had printed my confirm email and checked off everything to ensure I got everyting, which I did.

We have used Tiffany Towncar the 6 times we've been on DVC. All have been with the grocery stop at Publix. It's always worked out great and if the room isn't ready they hold the groceries for us. We considered using magical express, but since we're on vacation, we like the towncar treatment and like not having to wait through a few stops along the way.

I am not sure which resort you are staying at, but there are 2 Hess gas stations (one near DTD and one near the BWV) that have a pretty extensive stock of stuff...they are more then a mini-mart and prices aren't horrible. You could take a bus to either. Actually, if you are at BWV, you could walk to the Hess station near it. Go out the main rentrance, take a left and keep on going past the Convention Center. It's across the street there.

You could take a cab to Publix and then take a cab home when you are done. ProbaBly cost you $20, but still cheaper than renting a car.

Or one of the on-line things. I've heard good things about wegoshop, although I have no personal experience with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter