Buying Fantasy pass at night?

SpectroBelle

Earning My Ears
Hello! We will be arriving in the area around 8-8:30 pm and wanted to buy our passes for the next day (and maybe even have a late dinner in the park). I am wondering if the ticket booths will be open this late. I understand it takes a while to buy an annual pass. First time in DLP, lots of questions. TIA!

I don't know if the park will be open after 8pm on 4th April yet, the park hours for this April haven't yet been published. Even if the park is open as late as it was in early April midweek 2012, ie 9pm/9.30pm, I doubt you'll find any table or buffet service restaurant in the park open for dinner as late as 8.30pm.

I think you'll find it easier to get your APs sorted out the following morning to be honest - the ticket booths open for EMH at 8am, and they can sell you your APs :).

Thank you :) I was hoping to be able to be there at park open and hit the ground running so to speak. I wonder if the ticket booths open before the park like at WDW, where you can buy the tickets then wait for rope drop? The other option would be to stop by and get the tickets a few days earlier when we are driving into Paris (we are coming from Munich, then to Paris, DLP is our last stop - saved the best for last :). Does it really take a long time to get the passes? Also, is there an opening show like at the train station at WDW?

Thanks so much for your help.

Thank you :) I was hoping to be able to be there at park open and hit the ground running so to speak. I wonder if the ticket booths open before the park like at WDW, where you can buy the tickets then wait for rope drop? The other option would be to stop by and get the tickets a few days earlier when we are driving into Paris (we are coming from Munich, then to Paris, DLP is our last stop - saved the best for last :). Does it really take a long time to get the passes? Also, is there an opening show like at the train station at WDW?

Thanks so much for your help.

no, no opening show at DLP.
Ropedrop is at 10am, so if you get your AP tickets at the ticket booths at 8am you'll be able to use them to get through the turnstiles straightaway (as long as its Fantasy or Dream APs you're buying). Theres no need to "run" anywhere at DLP until 10am :). Then you simply check the lines (or lack of them) inside the AP office inside the main park, and get your APs made permanent sometime that day there. You're not getting your AP on a weekend date, so it really shouldn't take an hour plus to get your AP made permanent - we were about 20 minutes our first time.

If you arrive late and ticket booths are closed, you can purchase the AP at the Guest service window. It's on the right of the entrance, near the Disneyland Hotel entrance. (if the park is closed I think also guest relations are closed)
They'll give you a temporary pass to enter when you want into the park, so you can use it straight away next morning.
But if you use in the evening (if the park is open late) it won't work next morning! And the passport office closes in the late afternoon so you cannot get the AP in the evening.
Last time I asked at Guest relations if I could enter in the park to see Dreams and they had to ask for the permission to let me in that evening and then the morning after. They wrote my name somewhere and next morning I had to ask to Guest relations to let me in.

Thank you Zavando, that really helped explain it. So basically you get a one-time temporary admission when you buy the AP, then you have to get the pass on that one entry. Doesn't really sound like getting it the night before would be very helpful since I can't get the AP's then. Oh well, I'll just have to shop at World of Disney that night :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter