Buying APs and then getting discount asap for another?

PJackson

DIS Veteran
We are going soon and intend to buy Dream APs for myself, DH and get a free one for DD1 (3.5 yrs). Mum and Dad were going to get Fantasy APs as we are going for 5 days so it works out about the same price as a park hopper ticket for that time (18 euros more). Is there any way we can get our Dream APs and then buy M&D's Fantasy APs with our discount???? Do we even get discount for 'family' APs? Or is it just day park tickets?

I am sure you have to be an AP holder for a month before you can sponsor - you will get your discount off the day passes though.

Family discount is for families of 5 all with the same last name and address (I think!!)

You need to hold your APs for 1 month before you can sponsor someone else so that will not work.
If you you buy a discounted day-ticket. It is the price you pay that will be discounted off the Fantasy AP.
Given that you would have had to leave them outside the park there is no benefit at all to doing this.
Better to get temporary APs for you all at guest services :)

Oh poop - thanks anyway - was worth a try :rotfl: I agree, not worth leaving them outside etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter