Buy tickets now or keep awaiting new AP sales

Bo1203

Mouseketeer
Have a 10 day trip planned beginning of May, another in Oct. Really hoping to get annual passes before our May trip but its quickly approaching. At what point should I stop waiting for the AP and buy the tickets so I can make park reservations. I believe in the past Disney has allowed tickets to be put towards annual passes, but I can just see that being a nightmare with guest services/dvc etc. Uber annoying of Disney pausing these (for DVC member especially).

Would 60 days out from our trip make sense so I can line up dining reservations with park reservations?

On a brighter note I'm very happy the Moonlight magic for Hollywood Studios just fell into our lap!

before our May trip
May park reservations are unlikely to book up super early. I'd keep an eye on the calendar. Right now, every date in the next many months has availability at all four theme parks. I wouldn't worry about it until, say, days during the Easter Weeks start disappearing. At that point, maybe time to pull the trigger but even then you might be safe holding out a bit.

Have a 10 day trip planned beginning of May, another in Oct. Really hoping to get annual passes before our May trip but its quickly approaching. At what point should I stop waiting for the AP and buy the tickets so I can make park reservations. I believe in the past Disney has allowed tickets to be put towards annual passes, but I can just see that being a nightmare with guest services/dvc etc.
I went through this when they briefly lifted the AP pause in 2021. I was able to upgrade my PH tickets over the phone no problem. I have also done it in person at Guest Services at the International Gateway the first time we had them.

Last edited:
May park reservations are unlikely to book up super early. I'd keep an eye on the calendar. Right now, every date in the next many months has availability at all four theme parks. I wouldn't worry about it until, say, days during the Easter Weeks start disappearing. At that point, maybe time to pull the trigger but even then you might be safe holding out a bit.
Nothing left now for May 11 - except at SSR. Or a Grand Villa, here and there, but the bungalows are still available, LOL.

Seems ridiculous that random News blogs or a random email from member services is more up to date than DVCMember.…com
I don't know, there 's been a LOT of things over the years that the Internet Technology Dept of Disney hasn't been on top of like the they should have been.

Have a 10 day trip planned beginning of May, another in Oct. Really hoping to get annual passes before our May trip but its quickly approaching. At what point should I stop waiting for the AP and buy the tickets so I can make park reservations. I believe in the past Disney has allowed tickets to be put towards annual passes, but I can just see that being a nightmare with guest services/dvc etc. Uber annoying of Disney pausing these (for DVC member especially).

Would 60 days out from our trip make sense so I can line up dining reservations with park reservations?

On a brighter note I'm very happy the Moonlight magic for Hollywood Studios just fell into our lap!

If you want hard to reserve dining ( Sci Fi ) , etc
The 60 day window is vital .
Dont forget the plans for Fantasmic Dining Package too …

Where do you usuallly purchase tickets and make advance planning ?

Good luck with the Member Magic Registration.
Keep us updated with your plans!

Last edited:
Had our RVA studio booked since the 11month mark. Need to get our dining at 60 days, park tickets or ap, park reservations and now this member magic sign up, good lord

Same boat here but for an early June trip. Holding out on tickets in hope of AP return. My worry is if I purchase tickets and try to call to upgrade into a pass, it will be too late (assuming they are on sale for a hot second and sell out in a day).

Same boat here but for an early June trip. Holding out on tickets in hope of AP return. My worry is if I purchase tickets and try to call to upgrade into a pass, it will be too late (assuming they are on sale for a hot second and sell out in a day).
Exactly

I totally agree. As DVC members we should have been an exception. I had three trips planned last year and a Disney cruise on the Wish with a park stay after. I spent more on 10 day tickets than the Incredi-pass. I’m not even saying that I’m entitled to a discount, I just want to be able to purchase an annual pass. I have a trip coming up at the end of the month and I’m not planning to buy day tickets again. If the Annual Pass doesn’t come out, I won’t go to the parks but I will give Universal a try.

I totally agree. As DVC members we should have been an exception. I had three trips planned last year and a Disney cruise on the Wish with a park stay after. I spent more on 10 day tickets than the Incredi-pass. I’m not even saying that I’m entitled to a discount, I just want to be able to purchase an annual pass. I have a trip coming up at the end of the month and I’m not planning to buy day tickets again. If the Annual Pass doesn’t come out, I won’t go to the parks but I will give Universal a try.
DVC Members always think they should be an exception for everything.

You got your deal when you bought in. You got a better price on near deluxe accommodations.
You paid upfront so therefor figured you somehow gave Disney more money.

I’m always miffed why Members think they are entitled to anything.

DVC Members always think they should be an exception for everything.

You got your deal when you bought in. You got a better price on near deluxe accommodations.
You paid upfront so therefor figured you somehow gave Disney more money.

I’m always miffed why Members think they are entitled to anything.

Well, technically, we ARE entitled...to exactly what our purchase agreement says. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter