buy tickets before we go?

milliesmum

Mouseketeer
We need 2 day hoppers for our visit 4/25/2011.
On the DL website they are $161. Do we save any money by buying them online(or are there any other advantages?), or should we keep our money for a little bit longer and buy them on the gate?

I can't speak to discounts. But you are going during an extremely crowded time, so having tickets in hand at the gate instead of having to wait in the ticket lines would save you time.

We need 2 day hoppers for our visit 4/25/2011.
On the DL website they are $161. Do we save any money by buying them online(or are there any other advantages?), or should we keep our money for a little bit longer and buy them on the gate?

Never buy them at the gate, they are more expensive. Get an e-ticket and take it to the trunstile much faster.

Jack

Never buy them at the gate, they are more expensive. Get an e-ticket and take it to the trunstile much faster.

Jack

Agreed! :thumbsup2 If you choose the e-ticket option after buying online, you just print out the piece of paper, take it to the turnstiles (you don't have to exchange it at the ticket booths). The CM working the turnstile will scan it and hand you a regular ticket. Easy peasy (and cheaper than @ the gate as Jack said)! :thumbsup2

thanks for the info - I didn't know you could take e-tickets straight to the turnstile.
Will definately be buying them on line.

Thanks for this information, I was going to buy them online and just print them out, but then I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get fastpasses. It's good to know they will be exchanged at the gate.

From what I can tell, because it is the busy week before Easter, there is no discount of any kind for 2 day park hoppers. For 3 day, there is, but not for the 2 day. It seems to be $161 whether you get them online, at the gate, from a discount site or at our hotel counter. This includes taxes or any fees charged. If I am incorrect in this assumption, please let me know as any discount would be greatly appreciated.

I was going to get them ahead of time, but thought I would wait until we got there as there was a slight possibility that we would be able to go for a few hours the day before our 2 day, and a 3 day would be cheaper not at the gate. If however, I can get a discount on the 2 day, I would get it ahead of time and forget the 3rd day as that would tack on an extra amount for a very short amount of time.

So, what are your suggestions?

With a 3 day ticket, you'll get a Magic Morning (early entry) for one of your days. Another consideration would be if there wasn't Fantasmic or fireworks on the other evenings (or if you just wanted to knock those out on your first evening there) as those might push me over the edge into getting a 3-day. I'm posting from my phone, so I can't really look the schedules or prices up, but how much are the 3-day hoppers from getaway today? The difference may be small if you can get a discount on the 3-day.

With a 3 day ticket, you'll get a Magic Morning (early entry) for one of your days. Another consideration would be if there wasn't Fantasmic or fireworks on the other evenings (or if you just wanted to knock those out on your first evening there) as those might push me over the edge into getting a 3-day. I'm posting from my phone, so I can't really look the schedules or prices up, but how much are the 3-day hoppers from getaway today? The difference may be small if you can get a discount on the 3-day.

Thanks. We can't really use the MM because my brother has APs which don't have them, not to mention, my sister is unwilling to get up any earlier than I am already making her to get out for the 8am opening. My husband can't do late evenings, and we are doing fireworks on Mon., WOC on Tues. We are going to skip F! this time - too hectic on top of everything else. The Getaway 3-days would be $20 more, which I agree isn't that much more, but my sister is limited on funds and with friends coming just to DTD for dinner that first night we wouldn't have much time in the parks.

I think I really just want to make sure that I am seeing it correctly that it will be the same $161 at the gates that it would be getting them ahead of time. We will get them the day we come in and then start using them the next day.

Thanks!

The Dobies usually print our e tickets just before we leave the house, so we don't have to wait in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter