Buy onboard credit with Disney Chase for 0% APR?

lisset005

Earning My Ears
I am planning a Disney Cruise+ 10
Park days for May and have read SO much great info! I believe I stumbled on it somewhere here in the forum and wanted to just see if anyone could verify. If I use my Disney Chase card to purchase onboard credit (ahead of time online) that it qualifies as 0% APR for 6 months? I know adding the card to our room will NOT. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if you can purchase onboard credit ahead of time. I just know that whatever you purchase will only be charged to your card on file when you leave the ship, hope that helps

Purchasing onboard credit from the DCL website may not qualify for the Disney Visa offer, because that’s not part of your vacation package.

However, if you prepay costs as part of your reservation, it might qualify. When I asked my travel agent to prepay our gratuities, I think we did get the 0% APR. I know we got the offer when she added ground transportation (bus to the airport) for us. If you didn’t use a travel agent, you can call DCL and ask to add the prepayment to your reservation.

For us, we have always called to "prepay" and that has always qualified for the 0% financing. I have never purchased OBC through the Onboard Gifts option; that was recently discussed as no longer qualifying for the 0%. But experiences have varied so YMMV.

ETA: this is the thread that discussed OBC purchased through Onboard Gifts

Last edited:

I am planning a Disney Cruise+ 10
Park days for May and have read SO much great info! I believe I stumbled on it somewhere here in the forum and wanted to just see if anyone could verify. If I use my Disney Chase card to purchase onboard credit (ahead of time online) that it qualifies as 0% APR for 6 months? I know adding the card to our room will NOT. Thanks in advance!
I did this for our cruise this past December and my OBC was at zero percent and my place holder purchased directly on my Disney Vista via link to my on board account. I am paying monthly at zero percent. I always purchase my OBC through my travel agent and have NEVER had a problem.

Not sure if you can purchase onboard credit ahead of time. I just know that whatever you purchase will only be charged to your card on file when you leave the ship, hope that helps
Yes, you can purchase on board credit ahead of time. What you don't spend gets refunded to your original form of payment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter